Bitzbarn Review

Buy, Sell or Trade your models here...

Moderators: xFallenx, cultofkhaine, The Dread Knights

stuaker
Warrior

Bitzbarn Review

Post by stuaker »

Not sure if this is the right board to write this, but anyway.
Buying an army is expensive, even more so in New Zealand - and thanks to GW's policys most discount websites (which tend to be based in the USA or Europe) won't ship out of their trading zone.

But trying to get a bit more for my money, I bought a few things online - from ebay, from the local equivalent trademe, and whilst I had family visiting the UK I ordered a couple of things from Darksphere. No problems at all (Dark Sphere were really fast as well, and if I was in the UK I'd buy from them again).

I found bitzbarn - it sells a bit of everything GW, and a friend and I placed a joint order. He got a bunch of chaos stuff and the 40k starter set, I bought a full set of corsair sprues, a full set of Wyche sprues, and some bases. We placed the order in October/november last year, and it arrived late December. Pretty slow considering I'd ordered stuff from the US on ebay after and received it before, but okay.

What wasn't okay was the fact that both the wyches and corsairs were missing, along with some of the things my friend had ordered. Eventually, they sent out the missing sprues. Months later. To the wrong address. At our expense, we got in touch with the person who lived there and they posted them on to us. This was about a month ago.

But on opening them, we found half of the corsair cloaks were missing (and they had no bases. In a previous email to the site I'd been told everything that comes in the box of any figure is sent out with complete sprue sets, minus the box itself). By this point the address we'd ask them to initially asked them to post to was invalid as we'd moved house, but bitzbarn refused to send to any address other than that one for anti-fraud protocols. No idea how that makes sense considering they'd already sent to a different address!

Finally received the cloaks today, 4 or 5 months after I made the order. Not impressed, and I won't be buying from them again.
Started Warhammer with Dark Elves in 2002, stopped playing in 2005. Came back in 2013.
Other armies; Tyranids, Lizardmen
Main opponents: Slaanesh Daemons, Tomb Kings, Savage Orcs.
Anyone in New Zealand for games and trades?
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Bitzbarn Review

Post by Saintofm »

Thanks for look this stuff up. Its nice to have more options and these kind of reviews open those up,
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I have also bought models from BitzBarn and had them shipped to Australia - out of the last 4-5 orders I have placed with them I have always had one bit missing or wrong as well. When I have contacted them they have been reasonably quick to fix/replace the part. Postage will take a good month or more.

They do have good prices ... half price armybooks - you cant complain about that.

I have found the best supplier to be Hord-O-Bits - the only problem with them is that there postage costs have recently gone up and they are not yet carrying the new edition models.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

Your candour is appreciated. Obviously these people are too stupid to realise that word-of-mouth from angry customers can devastate their business if they let it. If your story is true, which I must assume it is, you have every right to feel as you do, and I would not trust these people again in your position.
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.