Dark Elf Army to sell

Buy, Sell or Trade your models here...

Moderators: xFallenx, cultofkhaine, The Dread Knights

Cogath_Gloomcaller
Slave (off the Altar)

Dark Elf Army to sell

Post by Cogath_Gloomcaller »

Hello everyone.

My name is Paul and I have always sort of known of this forum but never really joined or jumped on to get any suggestions. That's mainly because as a warhammer player, I played a little more than I painted, and a lot of my stuff that I did paint didn't turn out too well...

In any case, I haven't played any warhammer since the 7th edition and I happened upon my army in a dusty old box. It was quite fun to open them up and consider playing once again and I even went out and got a few of the newest plastic minis available, but along came Age of Sigmar and life got busy once again.

Unfortunately I am currently in a financial crisis and have a bit of a debt to pay off. I don't really play anymore so after long consideration I've decided to try and sell my Dark Elf army. I figured I'd try to sell it through forums and private paypal trade before bringing it to Ebay... :burns: :badh: .. I like your forums emojis by the way.

Welp, here is what I am selling. I will completely sell the whole army or individual units / heroes / lords or monsters or whatever you see and are after. Just send me an offer and I'll see what others and ebay are listed at and undercut them where I can! They're not well painted and I'll try to be very reasonable with prices. My models are currently located in Saskatchewan, Canada, so I will ship out to Canada and the USA, but if you're in another part of the world feel free to ask about shipping and we can work something out. Sorry, I have no extra bits, and whatever I list and described is what is basically assembled... and comes as seen.

I am Not sure on the proper editions - But will try to keep the models in the right categories. If you can see the photos and can correct me, please let me know and I’ll update .

Here's a story from Photobucket displaying all these models.
http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/paulr ... 1203/story

And here's what I got / and what is left!

Early? Dark Elf (Marauder)

2 - "Karasashalla's Reavers" Dark Elf army deal.  Painted.

4th and 5th edition Dark elves.

1 - Sorceress (Morathi) painted metal

7- Dark riders.. plastic horses. 5 are metal with spears, two are with swords (captains?) and one has a long halberd thing, assuming standard bearer.

6th /Edition, possibly 7th for some?

1 - Dark elf Cauldron of Blood with 3 accompaying minis(model has loose bits on the statue thing) Painted. Metal

1- Dark Elf War Hydra with 2 animal tamers (whips and weird fork thing, not sure if proper ones) metal painted

1 – Dark Elf Cold one Chariot with all the stuff metal painted

3 – Reaper Bolt Throwers with 2 crew members (all painted. 5/6 of the crewmen are male, but the single Female mini unpainted and clean!) metal

1 - Beastmaster on Manticore – Painted metal

1 – Mounted sorceress on cold one , not glued on. painted (comes with a 4/5th edition horse)metal except mounts

19 – Black Guard Minis – Painted, metal. Includes the Drummer and flagman

6 – Cold One Knights (metal and painted). Mounts are plastic. No musician or leader

20 – Executioners (10 metal, 10 plastic). Full Command is metal. Painted

6 – Harpies, Metal – Painted.

37- Metal Witches (many pieces are missing and were “fixed” with plastic bits. Three sets of commands in it with broken bits.. see the photo. ) Metal and painted

21 – Plastic Dark elf Warriors – full command. Two guys broken, .. two captains? Painted

40 – Plastic Crossbowmen with stuff... all have the repeater bow.. but some were outfitted with the newest corsairs hand bows. Look funny. just see photo. Painted.

21 – Metal Corsairs . 20 are metal, contains musician , standard bearer, and the one fellow that has an axe and a head and no helmet. . Painted

1- Dark elf Supreme Sorceress

1- Dark Elf Dread Lord on Cold One – Metal and painted

1 – Malus Darkblade on foot... metal and painted
1 – Metal Dark Elf Dreadlord on foot, with dragon on his shoulder, wicked armor, and weird sickle hook thing for a wepaon. Sadly his hand broke and his shield is missing. Painted,

1 – Dark Elf Army Standard Bearer on foot with a modified flag.. flag has been glued strangely to be held together, so expect it to snap in half. Can be fixed. Painted

1 - Dark Elf Assassin with a ninja star/ hooked blade on his claw. Metal painted

1 – dark elf assassin.. not sure how to describe. Big sword and little dagger, cloaked and all metal painted

1- Mystery dude who is made of metal, used to have a sword, but looks like he is in shock that his weapon broke... Probably just throw this in with the Black Guard or Executioners for free. Metal and painted.

7/ 8 edition - OR whenever that stuff went all plastic and resin!

20 – plastic corsairs. Painted. Assorted gears. Command included. One model’s arm fell off, and he’s missing part of his frontal body plastic.

10 drakespawn Knights... Only 4 painted! 5 are assembled and unpainted and good condition! I don’t know why but I mounted a single standard bearer from the 6th edition cold one knights on one of the Drakespawn cold one mounts.. looks odd, but he’s in there just for giggles. Painted. Plastic.

Dark Elf Rule book from the 7th Edition.
Last edited by Cogath_Gloomcaller on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:10 am, edited 8 times in total.
Red...
Generalissimo

Re: Dark Elf Army to sell

Post by Red... »

It looks like an impressive range of figures. I'm not in the market for any new minis, but a few tips on how you might get more interest here:

1. Try to give estimates about what you are looking for in exchange for the various models. It's difficult for a potential purchaser to become excited at the prospect of buying unless they have some sense of what they are going to be paying. A Cauldron of Blood for $10 USD might get someone excited but one at $40 USD might leave them cold - not being sure of where your envisaged sale prices are at might make them not bother to email you.

If your goal is to get more per mini than you would from selling them on ebay, do bear in mind that potential purchasers may just look to ebay instead, so spending a bit of time working out what the typical ebay price of your models would be might be a good starting point for working out what is fair to be looking for in terms of prices.

2. Try to get photos up if you can. Worst case scenario, place some on a photo website (e.g. jumpshare) and just place the links into the thread. Again, it's hard for people to get excited about buying unless they know what the minis look like, especially if they are painted already.

Good luck with the sale. Since Age of Sigmar came along, the market has been a buyer's market sadly (with many old players selling entire armies on ebay in horror at Age of Siggy), so you may have to be willing to accept less than you would a few years ago. Nevertheless, I hope it goes well :)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Duckman5
Corsair

Post by Duckman5 »

I'm interested in the Witch Elves, Cauldron of Blood, and Mounted Sorceress, but would love to see photos!
Cogath_Gloomcaller
Slave (off the Altar)

It looks like an impressive range of figures. I'm not in the market for any new minis, but a few tips on how you might get more interest here:

1. Try to give estimates about what you are looking for in exchange for the various models. It's difficult for a potential purchaser to become excited at the prospect of buying unless they have some sense of what they are going to be paying. A Cauldron of Blood for $10 USD might get someone excited but one at $40 USD might leave them cold - not being sure of where your envisaged sale prices are at might make them not bother to email you.

If your goal is to get more per mini than you would from selling them on ebay, do bear in mind that potential purchasers may just look to ebay instead, so spending a bit of time working out what the typical ebay price of your models would be might be a good starting point for working out what is fair to be looking for in terms of prices.

2. Try to get photos up if you can. Worst case scenario, place some on a photo website (e.g. jumpshare) and just place the links into the thread. Again, it's hard for people to get excited about buying unless they know what the minis look like, especially if they are painted already.

Good luck with the sale. Since Age of Sigmar came along, the market has been a buyer's market sadly (with many old players selling entire armies on ebay in horror at Age of Siggy), so you may have to be willing to accept less than you would a few years ago. Nevertheless, I hope it goes well :)

Thanks for the tips! My friend also mentioned that selling stuff since AoS was quite difficult because so many oldhammer folks up and sold their old armies in disappointment or wanting to start something new. AS for the prices, a lot of this stuff is OOP so i'll have to rely on ebay. I do not think I'll be selling as high as ebay, and I also find the shipping to be quite expensive there. I assume they upcharge shipping to make up for selling fees .

Duckman5 i'll send you a PM. The photos are going to have to go to another upload website.

Edit: It seems I cannot message you until I use the boards more often. I'll try to get the photos up and maybe some estimate prices but if you can , email me paulrichards1203@gmail.com
Cogath_Gloomcaller
Slave (off the Altar)

Hey, so here's the photos I got, via photobucket story. Sorry it's taken me some time to figure it out. Work became hectic and I haven't had a time to update.

http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/paulr ... 1203/story

Please check them out and email me at paulrichards1203@gmail.com with offers if you see any that you're interested in. If nobody emails I'll start pricing them up when I have time.
Duckman5
Corsair

Post by Duckman5 »

Weirdly I am only able to see the thumbnails of these photos, anyone else having this problem?
Cogath_Gloomcaller
Slave (off the Altar)

Weirdly I am only able to see the thumbnails of these photos, anyone else having this problem?

If anyone has any problems with viewing these items, please let me know! They work fine for me, but when I post them using the Image command photobucket blocks them.

The 37 Witch Elves, Sorceress on mount (coldone and horse) as well as the Cauldron of blood with its priestesses have sold. Thanks Duckman5!
Cogath_Gloomcaller
Slave (off the Altar)

This army and its toys have gone to eBay and are being sold as individual units.

You can bid here:
http://www.ebay.ca/usr/steepledhatstudios
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Did you link to the right place? Besides some crossbowmen and corsairs, the seller linked to appears to be mostly selling Warmachine models and scenery.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Cogath_Gloomcaller
Slave (off the Altar)

Did you link to the right place? Besides some crossbowmen and corsairs, the seller linked to appears to be mostly selling Warmachine models and scenery.

Yes - -' My friend only put a portion of my fellows up because he's worried that he'll meet his limit on eBay sales before he can start paying fees, lol
Duckman5
Corsair

Post by Duckman5 »

Got my models! All accounted for, wrapped very well, great prices, efficient communication--all in all an excellent purchasing experience, thanks Cogath!
Cogath_Gloomcaller
Slave (off the Altar)

Got my models! All accounted for, wrapped very well, great prices, efficient communication--all in all an excellent purchasing experience, thanks Cogath!

No problem!

Been doing well on eBay with them it appears! Seems a lot of folks really do like Dark elves despite the changes Warhammer has gone through! Popular army.

The strikes on the list keep on appearing!
Cogath_Gloomcaller
Slave (off the Altar)

As you can see, most of the items have sold or will be sold. Only a unit or two left that hasn't sold or been bid on.
Cogath_Gloomcaller
Slave (off the Altar)

Everything has sold or will be sold.
Thanks to Duckman for buying the Witch elves.

Only the Dark Elf Chariot, Beastmaster with his Manticore and Rulebook remain. Check eBay if you want them, otherwise, thank you to this forum for helping me post these models up to help me pay off debt!!!