When cold ones can fly - this happened

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

When cold ones can fly - this happened

Post by Daeron »

->
That thing will eat all your Pegasi for breakfast!
I hope my opponent will permit me to use my converted pegasus, while I get ready to convert my cold one into the mystical, legendary dinosaur with wings. Aside from this amusing concept to have a flying cold one, it should be noted that the pegasus has little bearing with reality either :D
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
tehnico
Warrior

Re: When cold ones can fly - this happened

Post by tehnico »

Makes sense. Birds and dinosaurs have common enough ancestry.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

I have seen a LOT of dark pegasus conversions where people have done exactly that (put pegasus wings onto cold ones). Maybe they inspired GW :)

More seriously, I think of these "Substitute Warscrolls" will get fleshed out and replaced with an actual scroll of their own. Think of this as the beta or the "Ravening Hordes" if you remember those days.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

direweasel wrote:More seriously, I think of these "Substitute Warscrolls" will get fleshed out and replaced with an actual scroll of their own. Think of this as the beta or the "Ravening Hordes" if you remember those days.

I don't think we're going to see many like for like replacements beyond special characters and a handful of units (if we're lucky).

Elves were strangely absent from ET model releases, so a complete refresh is likely to be on the cards.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Lordmonkey
Corsair

Post by Lordmonkey »

Very cool idea! Do I really need 10 knights, or could I convert one like this... the question is, feathers or skin wings?

I'm not going to invest in any more models though until I see where GW go with Aelfs. Could all be a waste of time if i'm not careful...
Syph
Trainee Warrior

Post by Syph »

I once began a conversion with the sorceress on a cold one to count-as a pegasus. I drilled the holes, build armatures for the wings and skinned them, but was never brave enough with the green stuff to finish it. Now, the idea of a flying cold one doesn't sit quite right. Besides, it would have to be either a female Dreadlord (fine, but I'd be short on sorceresses) or a count-as Morathi. At least cold ones aren't stupid anymore, making the sorceress on a cold one a decent model!