Officially unofficial errata

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Mmmmk
Slave on the Altar

Officially unofficial errata

Post by Mmmmk »

So I am one of those lurkers who never quite got into WFB because it wasn't popular in my area (I played Warmachine for a few years instead) but have been really interested in Age of Sigmar and the basic ruleset that they released for it.

So I came across a leaked copy of an unreleased errata for AoS from belloflostsouls.net. I'm not sure on your forum policy here at druchii.net so I wont post the link unless someone can confirm that it's alright to do so.

The errata is designed for "competitive play" and includes many fixes for the problems that we all saw in the original rule set. There is a major rebalancing for the shooting rules, removal of the random turn order, changes to wound allocation, and, most importantly, a guideline for list-building which is based on wound total and includes restrictions as to #of heroes you can field, % of wounds which can be monsters/warmachines/heroes ect.

This errata, if it is genuine, seems to fix many of the problems that the critics of AoS have been complaining about (and rightly so in many cases). A few things that weren't addressed were summoning (which needs to be clarified at the very least) and balancing core vs elite infantry (I'd suggest a house-ruling that the last paragraph about getting "wound" discounts for units over 10 models only apply to core infantry choices).

There are also a few scenarios included that remind me a lot of Warmachine.

Anyhow, I'd recommend that you read it over if you're a fence-sitter as it has definitely convinced me to move forward with AoS. For those of you who are upset about WFB being discontinued, well, I guess this wont change your opinion much.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Officially unofficial errata

Post by Calisson »

Please post the link, it will be apreciated.
Thank you.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Mmmmk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mmmmk »

Sure:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-conte ... narios.pdf

And if it is legit, I wonder why in hell they wouldn't have released it with the initial ruleset--would have saved them a lot of internet raging. Unless it's a clever marketing ploy...
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Could be a comp pack devised by someone.
Would be easier just to release an updated pdf surely than to complicate everything with extra sheets of paper.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

That's someone's random attempt to save a bad system. Apparently the scenarios are taken directly out of Warmahordes
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16