AOS rules discussion: questions, suggestions...

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: AOS rules discussion: questions, suggestions...

Post by Calisson »

Assuming that we weren't able to argue in favor of one interpretation, then, as I suggested and Icon Hack reiterated, you would have to admit that one interpretation leads to nightmarish situations.

Take a unit of 5 chariots with 6 wounds each. It receives 5 wounds from 1st attack, 4 wounds from 2nd attack, 3 wounds from 3rd attack, 4 wounds from 4th attack, 5 wounds from 5th attack.
With my interpretation, 3 chariots killed, one at 3 wounds - I leave a die near the wounded one - one intact.
With your interpretation, you have chariot A with 1 wound left, chariot B with 2 wounds left, chariot C with 3 wounds left, chariot D with 2 wounds left, chariot E with 1 wound left. Sure, you might leave 5 dice near them, but prospects for errors are very high.
One interpretation is obviously much simpler than the other one.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Whobetta
Black Guard

Post by Whobetta »

Hey all,

been out of the scene for a while (life) but with AoS, a friend who quit sort of came back. we played 1 match last weekend VC vs HE which was decent enough, but figured I'd dust off my Dark Elves. we aren't using any comp package except just making a general wound count. since we aren't experience players and never were fast we are starting low at 60.

Digressing I had a couple questions one the rules

1) Harpies, do they count as an "exile" unit like all others or is there anywhere I missed where like in old rules they weren't a DE unit so didn't benefit from general's LD etc... the main reason is I was going to field a Shadowblade character (because he is ridiculously strong now) and if i can position him 1" from the Harpies then it would be better after I fly them across the battlefield.

2) Still on the Shadowblade theme, it says to reveal him at the "Start of any combat" and to me that means before CHARGES are declared/made. so if i reveal him next to my harpy unit then he still would have to charge. seems like it would just be best to reveal him and attack after the harpies are in combat, except then the start of the combat phase has already began, meaning that I would have to wait until the next turn's combat phase, right?

3) lastly, repeater crossbows. Darkshards have them and get 2 shots, same with Shades. but if you look at the Cold One Chariot, it says 4. is that because the rules are assuming that 2 charioteers with 2 shots each is 4, or because it is a better unit and EACH charioteer gets 4? the DreadLord on a Dragon also seems to have 4 shots in the rules so I am thinking that charioteers get the 4 shots each. If so I am much more inclined to take 1/2 of em.

Thanks!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Harpies are definitively not "exile".
It doesn't prevent you to use them, though, just in the same way that you could use a dwarf cannon if you fancied. But you cannot reveal Shadowblade next to them.

Shadowblade is revealed at the start of any combat phase. Combat phase starts after charge phase has ended. So no, Shadowblade cannot charge.
Still, he would participate to a combat, if you set him within 3" of an enemy.

COC: Attacks are given for the model. The model has 4 shooting attacks, not 8. Similarly, it has 2 spears and 4 jaws attacks, not 4 and 8!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

Hi,

not touched anything Warhammer related for more than 5 years, could use some help getting back into the hobby :twisted:

is the Exile Blood Cult still viable? Since it has been removed from the GHB 2017

Can I add Tenebrael Shard in an Exile Blood Cult or Bloodwrack Sisterhood?

Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

nobody?! :(