Square vs Round and weapon range

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sangfroid
Executioner

Re: Square vs Round and weapon range

Post by Sangfroid »

Simple solution put spear tips on both ends of the shaft and the model doesn't actually turn just thrusts backwards at the enemy like a ninja

@red your comment really made chuckle thanks :-)
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Sangfroid wrote:Simple solution put spear tips on both ends of the shaft and the model doesn't actually turn just thrusts backwards at the enemy like a ninja

@red your comment really made chuckle thanks :-)

Indeed, your attempts are certainly in need of it.
Icon hack
Druchii Anointed
Druchii Anointed

Post by Icon hack »

Another observation on this subject: Having parts of the model extended beyond the base (a larger "footprint") can also hinder movement since you cannot move into enemy 3" zones of control during the movement phase. This makes units whose models have a larger footprint less maneuverable when things get crowded. For example, my hydra got completely bogged down when I used it in the center of the battlefield, which reduced it's effectiveness.
Wishing everyone the very best, to the end of your days.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Well here's my video on it. By all means, show me your moves! :)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Daeron, you don't realize, but Dalamar's models have spears with an iron tip on both ends.
In that way, the spear part in his model just needs to translate with no rotation. Only the body rotates. ;)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Technically, you could place a cushion on the back end of the spear and if it's closer to enemy it can be used to strike at the enemy with equal deadliness. Nobody will see that one coming. Until it's too late.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Here is what I am trying to show:

You can get an two extra attack in with modeling weapons forward. Even if you are charged in the rear (last spearmen) you have no fewer attacks than if your weapons were modeled straight up. Finally, even if you have to start moving backwards it still doesn't hurt you for the same reason that when you are charged in the rear, you apparently don't have to face your enemy.