HobbyKiller Blog - Comp Thoughts - Part 2

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

HobbyKiller
Slave (off the Altar)

HobbyKiller Blog - Comp Thoughts - Part 2

Post by HobbyKiller »

In todays post I continue with my discussion around a proposed comp system - https://hobbykiller.wordpress.com/2015/ ... mp-part-2/
AOS blog from a competitive players perspective - https://hobbykiller.wordpress.com
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: HobbyKiller Blog - Comp Thoughts - Part 2

Post by Calisson »

HobbyKiller wrote:It is recommended that you use 25 choices per side to create a reasonable sized game.
Something is missing: a link between the ideal size of the table, the contemplated time to play and the number of choices.
HobbyKiller wrote:It is recommended that you use 25 choices per side to create a reasonable sized game.
● Maximum of 50% of the models in your force can have a missile weapon of any form
● Maximum of 4 warscrolls that have the wizard keyword
Strange to have these limits.
- missiles are already comped, why comp them once more? Can't WE play a shooty/evasive list anymore?
- same question for wizards, and in addition, you suggest a non-scalable limit. What if we play 15 or 40 choices?

In both cases, you do more than provide a measure to an army, you do limit the choices.
For example, AoS allows a strategy to have a 2 large units given 1+ armor by 6 wizards, and you would make it illegal?

Better comp than limit.
If you really think that too much shots and too much magic bring unbalance to the game, you could for example say:
- for every shooting or wizard unit, either you can find a different (i.e. not associated to another shooting/wizard unit) non-shooting and non-wizard unit of same number of models or larger; or add one choice for each shooting/wizard unit for which there is no matching non-wizard unit of same size or larger.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}