Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:40 am



Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Un-Welcome to the Age of Sigmar 
Author Message
Dark Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:21 pm
Posts: 147
Most players in my area will continue to play 8th edition for sure

_________________
"The call for blood can only be answered in sundered flesh"


Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:37 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:32 am
Posts: 682
I have been avoiding the panic bus as long as humanly possible. Anyone who thinks this game is still strategic and compelling hasn't played yet, or is in severe denial. But I'm all on the panic bus. I'm holding several thousand dollars worth of models to a game that, imho, has all of the strategic decisions of the card game 'war'. If you haven't played war, you flip cards. If what you flip is higher, you win.
(yes its hyperbole, but for a miniature war game vs a card game, the level of tactics relative to the genre is comparable). I understand that I can still play 8th. And I will. But it loses a LOT of fun knowing that what I love so much is going to die. Without any support, production of army books, the community will die. It's inevitable. A new one will form, yes. But unless they pull out some insane shiz that makes this boring game actually fun, I won't be a part of it.
I enjoyed the tactical nuances of 8th, and I just haven't found it here in AoS. Beer and pretzels isn't enough to make this game enjoyable. I doubt being blackout drunk will be either. Which I will be for a while considering how f****g depressing this is.

_________________
"With hate, all things are possible." - Malus Darkblade


Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:49 am
Profile
Generalissimo
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 3670
Location: Baltimore
I had an epiphany about it all the other day.

GW wanted to end Warhammer Fantasy. Period. It had stopped making money (was generating heavy losses in fact), while 40k continues to go from strength to strength for them. So they just wanted to discontinue Fantasy altogether.

But they know how unhappy scrapping a game can make their customers, and the idea of having huge numbers of former Fantasy players screaming abuse about the complete discontinuation of their game all over the internet, in gaming clubs, and to their peers generally was not very appealing as PR exercises go. So, instead, they created a joke of a new edition. Now, existing Fantasy players might express unhappiness about the fact that their favourite game, with all of its fascinating strategic and tactical nuances, had been compressed down into a farce of a game, with just 4 pages of rules. They might be very unhappy and many would decide to abandon the game. But, they would be less angry than if their game had been shelved altogether, and they would have less sympathy from their 40k playing peers. In fact, many Fantasy players would express their anger by quitting playing Fantasy, but they would gain a sense of catharsis from that act and believe that by abandoning the game, they were punishing GW, when in fact that was really what GW wanted all along. And, if by some miracle the game did become a popular cash cow for the company, well then, win-win. And, of course, by making so many of the models look 40kish, they might get some revenue from 40k players who decide they want to do some conversions...

I mean, let's look at some of the signs that show that GW was never really serious about this game:
- Just four pages of rules for a game that used to have hundreds.
- No points costs.
- Rules and army lists provided for FREE (GW NEVER provides anything for free these days).
- Rules that have no possible enforcement mechanism (e.g. "You can add 1 to these dice rolls if, between the time you declare the target of the attack and time you roll the dice, your opponent looks you directly in the eye").
- No real attempt to balance models (e.g. Bleakswords hit on 3+, Dreadlord hits on 3+)
- And many more.

The game is a farce, pure and simple.

I've yet to meet anyone who has entirely abandoned 8th. Most accept with a weariness that they will continue to play that edition, but that the number of people playing it will dwindle over time because there will be no new generations who are introduced to 8th edition in GW stores and go on to play it subsequently. In fact, that seems to be a trend anyway - someone today told me about how some GW stores in the US (where I'm based these days) have been refusing their clients to play Fantasy (of any edition) in their stores for quite some time now.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I don't think 9th edition was ever intended as a serious attempt to replace Warhammer Fantasy, it was meant as a sop to pull the wool over existing players eyes and avoid them from seeing the true reality: Fantasy has been squatted. End of story.

_________________
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Image

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman


Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:47 pm
Profile
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:51 pm
Posts: 2799
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels
I read on a recent fanblog that FB made up 15% of GWs profits, which is quite tidy, and suggests that FB was not as "dead" as has been proposed. However I can't validate these figures.

I don't think a company with GWs overheads would set out to make a bad game -- they cant afford a net loss of customers -- however they appear to be driven by the board (accountants and lawyers), rather than the game design talent (who have mostly left ...even Matt Ward!). They appear to be aiming to the young, as well as the modern trend of fast-paced skirmish games, which is why it discomfits those of us who love clashing regiments and more tactical depth.

_________________
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame


Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:11 pm
Profile
Generalissimo
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 3670
Location: Baltimore
Was it 15% of their profits or 15% of their revenue? It's quite an important distinction, and revenue is much easier to calculate than profit. If it's revenue, which I suspect seems more likely, then if they are spending more money on their costs on Fantasy than they bringing in from it as income, then it would still be a loss. If it was genuinely profit, then it still might be a frowned upon line in the budget, as its profits level nowhere near rivaled its futuristic twin of 40k. If the rate of return was higher on 40k, then for every $1 they spent on Fantasy would bring back less $s than for every $1 they spent on 40k, hence it would be better for them to spend their money exclusively on 40k and drop Fantasy altogether.

To illustrate: You are a candy store vendor, with $10 to spend. You can buy either ice creams or chocolate bars to sell at $1 a go. But you know that for every $1 you spend on ice creams, you make back $5 from sales, but for every $1 you spend on chocolate bars, you make just $3 back from sales. So, while the chocolate bar sales technically represent a profit, buying and selling chocolate bars still represent a comparative loss vis-a-vis buying and selling ice creams. Consequently, the financially sensible thing to do is to buy and sell ice creams only and stop buying and selling chocolate bars. So, even if GW was making a profit on Fantasy (which I'm not convinced about), it could still be a worthwhile financial choice for them to abandon it and focus purely on 40k.

Overall, the problem is exactly that GW can afford a loss of its Fantasy customers. Many of us stopped buying minis from them en masse a long time ago, because our collections are completed. Sure, we may pick up a new unit or two here or there, but that's about all. I have probably at least 8,000 points of dark elves (probably a lot more) and I have no real need to ever purchase any again. Consequently, the loss to GW of me as a player and customer is exactly zero (well, about the maybe $20 to $30 I might spend on their minis or related products a year, not a big amount). However, the loss to them of creating a huge amount of anti-GW feeling by simply canning Fantasy altogether is huge, as it might contaminate their big money earner: 40K. Hence, the bait and switch: don't scrap Fantasy, but replace it with a joke of a Beer and Pretzels game that causes Fantasy players to leave en masse (no real monetary loss for them really) but doesn't create the nightmare PR of scrapping outright their original gaming system.

All of the rhetoric being bandied around about them wanting to connect with a younger audience by having simpler rules etc makes no sense. 40k is still going strong, and its rules are just as complicated, if not more so. Moreover, the other skirmishing games that GW might be looking to emulate (e.g. Warmachine, Infinity, Malifaux, etc) have probably more complex rules, not simpler ones. And we know, anyway, that having less rules often equals more convolution, as huge numbers of contingencies appear that cannot be resolved by reading the rules.

_________________
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Image

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman


Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:35 pm
Profile
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:51 pm
Posts: 2799
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels
Well, it is an interesting proposal :)

On the topic of falling profits and company direction, I recently found this article written last year:

Quote:
Right, here goes. My statement. Personally, I feel that GW will soon cancel Warhammer Fantasy Battle entirely and will focus on 40k almost entirely. Yes you heard that right. Warhammer Fantasy Battle, the grand-daddy of them all will be phased out. The reason? Its not profitable enough. Sure, much of my conjecture is based on my limited knowledge about sales figures and popularity but its not hard to see that 40k dominates GW sales. GW have proven that they will cancel games that do not sell enough stock. They have even turned Games Day (you know, a day when you play games) into a sales exercise. Just look at the Specialist Range! With that cut, and mostly likely WD next, what is left to go to streamline the company and increase profits for the shareholders? Warhammer Fantasy Battle itself! I had a little cruise of the internet to see if any other bloggers out there had similar opinions to mine or who had more actual evidence to support this view. This was the best I found. Have a read...



The Fall of White Dwarf and the Death of Warhmmer Fantasy Battle?

_________________
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame


Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:52 pm
Profile
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 8:38 am
Posts: 92
Red... wrote:
The game is a farce, pure and simple.


Are you guys even listening?


Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:52 pm
Profile
Generalissimo
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 3670
Location: Baltimore
Sure, but I didn't think your argument was desperately strong (just my opinion, you're welcome to differ). Yes, point systems have always been hard to balance, but simply throwing them out of the window is even worse, because different units empirically DO do better than others, as your own post actually recognizes (your example of the goblins vs chaos warriors does acknowledge that the goblins will have to be lucky to win the combat, yet they are valued as equals according to the rules).

But it's not just points costs, its numerous other things. Just as one example, as someone else pointed out "You can re-roll any failed hit rolls when attacking with a Thane so long as you have a bigger and more impressive beard than your opponent." Presumably we can get tape measures out to at least partially gauge size (although are we measuring volume or length? do moustaches count if they are connected with the beard or are they always separate? where do we consider that side burns end and beard begins?), but how do we measure impressiveness? Perhaps there needs to be a panel of neutral judges who can make their decisions based upon smartness, grooming, and originality. In the build up to a big tournament, should players grow out their beards in case they encounter a dwarf player? Silly in the extreme really.

_________________
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Image

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman


Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:00 am
Profile
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 8:38 am
Posts: 92
Red... wrote:
Sure, but I didn't think your argument was desperately strong (just my opinion, you're welcome to differ). Yes, point systems have always been hard to balance, but simply throwing them out of the window is even worse, because different units empirically DO do better than others, as your own post actually recognizes (your example of the goblins vs chaos warriors does acknowledge that the goblins will have to be lucky to win the combat, yet they are valued as equals according to the rules)..


They empirically do not, if by 'empirically' you mean actually having tried it, which I have and you have not. I can tell you that how you play the goblins is more important than whether they're goblins or chaos warriors. Right now, I'll happily take on a chaos army with an equal number of goblins and expect to win, because most chaos players are used to winning through superiority rather than strategy, and that just won't work here. They'll probably learn eventually, but right now they're in for a surprise.


Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:15 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:47 am
Posts: 1042
Red... wrote:
I had an epiphany about it all the other day.

GW wanted to end Warhammer Fantasy. Period. It had stopped making money (was generating heavy losses in fact), while 40k continues to go from strength to strength for them. So they just wanted to discontinue Fantasy altogether.


Pretty much my feelings too. I am a 30 year veteran of the game. But really didn't commit until 4th edition. But I suppose time will tell Red. If they continue to release models for this game then maybe they believe they are putting out a new product that will sell. On the other hand if nothing beyond the box set comes out then this is just another Dreadfleet, Spacehulk, etc. I mean it is only 47 models. Less than a dozen sculpts?

The only evidence that argues that they are serious about continuing this was the fact they had their studio rebase so many of the older models. I mean why do that if they just wanted to let Fantasy die and AoS was the wake?


Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:29 am
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8560
Location: Hag Graef
Moderator's edit:
I had to separate this thread from "Welcome to the Age of Sigmar"
Here in the present thread is your place for discussions about how AoS is bound to fail and why it is not worth to give it a try.
Please do not hijack the other thread anymore. (edit: the other thread being titled "welcome", rants are off topic).
Thanks,
Calisson.

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:48 am
Profile
Generalissimo
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 3670
Location: Baltimore
@Calisson: In our defense, the original thread was opened "for all discussion on the game." I think having two different threads for naysayers and optimists is a great idea, but technically we didn't "hijack" the original thread, so no need to chastise us really.

@Barking Agatha: by empirically I mean that in a side-by-side comparison of the stats, the Chaos Warriors are better. But we're getting bogged down in the micro when we should be looking at the macro. Even if you are right (which I don't think you are), there is so much silliness and short-sightenss in the rules and scrolls, it's hard to consider the game any anything other than absurd.

@Gidean: Yes, absolutely, and it does give me pause for thought. I think, somewhere in the mix, they have kind of, sort of, maybe a bit made an effort with it, but only in fits and starts. In part because it's probably really hard to not become at least somewhat emotionally invested in creating a new game, even one that's designed to fail. But, as I say, it's a win-win for them. If the game doesn't pick up, then they get to kill Fantasy, which was the original goal. If it does, then they get to make a ton of cash.

_________________
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Image

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman


Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:33 am
Profile
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 8:38 am
Posts: 92
Red... wrote:
@Barking Agatha: by empirically I mean that in a side-by-side comparison of the stats, the Chaos Warriors are better.


Then, with all due respect, I suggest you look up what the word 'empirically' means, because you are using it as its exact opposite, which is 'theoretically'.


Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:40 am
Profile
Generalissimo
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 3670
Location: Baltimore
To forestall a long argument, fine, I retract the word "empirically". LOL. Everything else stands.

_________________
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Image

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman


Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:22 am
Profile
Malekith's Personal Guard

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:13 am
Posts: 968
Barking Agatha wrote:
Red... wrote:
Sure, but I didn't think your argument was desperately strong (just my opinion, you're welcome to differ). Yes, point systems have always been hard to balance, but simply throwing them out of the window is even worse, because different units empirically DO do better than others, as your own post actually recognizes (your example of the goblins vs chaos warriors does acknowledge that the goblins will have to be lucky to win the combat, yet they are valued as equals according to the rules)..


They empirically do not, if by 'empirically' you mean actually having tried it, which I have and you have not. I can tell you that how you play the goblins is more important than whether they're goblins or chaos warriors. Right now, I'll happily take on a chaos army with an equal number of goblins and expect to win, because most chaos players are used to winning through superiority rather than strategy, and that just won't work here. They'll probably learn eventually, but right now they're in for a surprise.


When goblins can take on Chaos Warriors at even odds and win, Warhammer Fantasy Battle truly IS dead.


Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:58 am
Profile
Executioner

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:24 pm
Posts: 198
Location: Gloucester, England
Actually that adds to fantasy if a unit of gobbos, well placed and with a little luck can survive insurmountable odds such as a unit of chaos knights to the face,doesn't that invoke your sense of imagination? won't you fondly look back when you reminisce about your victories (and defeats) of the time when snotface and his rabble of greenskins felled the mighty Zarg and carried the day!

While I am obviously embracing AoS I do also have some gripes and the main one is that they have not provided a second army selection option, in 40k you have unbound and battle-forged it really wouldn't have taken more than an extra paragraph to include something similar. The rumours seem to suggest that this could be coming in the future, but for me why not have just added at the start. With this in I think a lot of the bad feeling towards AoS would have been averted as people would have been able to better weigh up how a army will "feel" on the table top rather than see the worst case scenario of facing 20 bloodthirsters down.

While funny some of the silly rules wordings are also a bit naff, in previous books you would always have these comments but either In brackets or a little box on the page (encouraged but not enforced) they could have easily added to each silly rule a "suggested" outburst or fun element. We all know someone who will stick to the letter of these wordings not out of a desire to have fun but because that's how it was written.


Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:17 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:10 pm
Posts: 1378
Location: Norway
I will wait for about a month, or even two, before I will conclude with anything... but I have to say I went from optimistic to pessimistic with the rules release this weekend.

Some of those rules there are just outright ridicilous, and when there is no points system in place, you totally lack any balancing factor. I also dislike that GW has simplified the game so much that you don't have any options on your units thus far either, and I can't really see (right now) why I would play AoS over other miniature games that already exist.

Anyways, I will keep waiting for an actual rulebook that makes sense. If it doesn't come, I will most likely play something else (as I already do... X-Wing miniature game is very fun).

_________________
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10


Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:35 am
Profile
Black Guard

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:26 pm
Posts: 262
Location: Italy
Quote:
"You can re-roll any failed hit rolls when attacking with a Thane so long as you have a bigger and more impressive beard than your opponent."


Someone could point out that Dwarves' rules are now sexist, and kid's unfriendly.
No woman can play Dwarves decently, nor do kids, as they both aren't impressive beard bearers........ ;)
;)

_________________
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen


Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:06 am
Profile
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:07 am
Posts: 3510
Location: Investigating Mantica
On another forum it was suggested you could perhaps use the models beard.

This gives you great opportunity to model your elven commander with a huge beard, as they are taller, you should be able to create a far more impressive beard :)

_________________
My Kings of War Plog - Forces of Nature

My Kings of War Plog - Twilight Kin / Nightstalkers


Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:17 am
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8560
Location: Hag Graef
Ming wrote:
No woman can play Dwarves decently, nor do kids, as they both aren't impressive beard bearers........ ;)
;)
This is to encourage disguise, perhaps?

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:24 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:10 pm
Posts: 1378
Location: Norway
Image

_________________
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10


Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:29 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:36 pm
Posts: 3830
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Hahah! That's just brilliant :D


As for the "UN"welcome:
I do understand the emotions. Our old game is gone. Literally. And it can taste bitter to see it replaced by something that is alien to us. I propose patience though (but that is ultimately a personal choice).

It isn't an equivalent replacement of WFB but it doesn't look to be designed for that either. Worse: it looks incomplete. Which is why I don't think they are done after releasing these rules. Unlike WFB where a new book marked a new edition which defined the game for the coming years, this appears to be designed around subsequent (perhaps campaign focused?) releases. The focus lies on starting an "era" or "age" (of Sigmar) rather than an edition.

I believe G.W.'s intent is to launch this as the introductory program, designed to teach us how to move units, get into combat and understand the (new) stats.
It can be frustrating for vets to push them through a cadet program, but.. Yeah.. that's what it looks like to me. There is no inherent balance system because that's not the focus at the moment. I agree that this isn't fit for competitive gaming without some additional balancing rules. I feel I'm left clueless on how to make a fair list as well, but I will try to follow this like it's an introductory program. That interpretation makes sense to me, as provides me with an angle to build some fun games.

_________________
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze


Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:51 pm
Posts: 2799
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels
Omnichron wrote:
Image


So Much Want.

@Calisson

I agree with the thread-split.

I don't want to be negative and bring down the experience of those switching to (or continuing into) AoS. Perhaps move this whole thread right out of the AoS subforum and into Druchii or Other GW Discussion, so that the AoS subforum is used for those playing the game, and not those moaning about the game?

Fact is, I am a Warhammer and ranked mass battles guy -- I have no interest in this new project by GW. But I don't want to disturb those who are happy to go on this new journey :)

_________________
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame


Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:36 am
Profile
Dark Rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 131
Sangfroid wrote:
Actually that adds to fantasy if a unit of gobbos, well placed and with a little luck can survive insurmountable odds such as a unit of chaos knights to the face,doesn't that invoke your sense of imagination? won't you fondly look back when you reminisce about your victories (and defeats) of the time when snotface and his rabble of greenskins felled the mighty Zarg and carried the day!


I actually think that detracts from the game. It ignores the fluff that goes along with the models. Goblins shouldn't survive a charge to the face by chaos knights because chaos knights are skilled warriors who have been training for battle their entire lives.

Since there are no points and they're doing it more on a basis of number of models/size for force, things like goblins now suddenly have better stats. They shouldn't hit other goblins and keepers of secrets on the same roll because they're different foes. Don't get me wrong, I think there are definitely times where goblins should be able to beat chaos knights. It should be where there are a lot of them and are able to trap the chaos knights or out-strategize them (like a 5 deep unit charging into their flank). It shouldn't be because of excellent rolling, it should be because of excellent strategy. Points AND stats like weapon skill and initiative made it so you could have a range of power in models.

And in the points discussion, I think they are necessary. It's not fair to put the burden of balancing the game onto the players entirely. If I didn't play 8th, I'd have no idea that executioners do not equal slaves or that blood thirsters and stegadons aren't different levels of killiness. They're not balanced either. Lords of Change is ridiculous now.


Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:53 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:36 pm
Posts: 3830
Location: Belgium, Brussels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzNBJN8UTEE
A pretty good rant. Best listened to while reading something else, or painting because of the length :D
Some bad language though. Tremendous was one of the great battle report makers in 8th edition. Quite a fun guy. Sifting out the bad words, he does make a lot of points and makes even me gloomy about the game :P

_________________
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze


Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software