Dark Elf Unit Name Change

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

CAPTAINxDEE
Slave (off the Altar)

Dark Elf Unit Name Change

Post by CAPTAINxDEE »

So I recently bought a Delf army off Kijiji and in the list he said Dark Elf Warriors. Now I dont see that as a warscroll or somehting purchasable on GW, I'm assuming their name was replaced like the crossbows? The models for warriors I found online dont look exactly like anything on GW so I cant match it up. Halp?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Dark Elf Unit Name Change

Post by Calisson »

The same box is now used to make three kind of Dark Elf warriors:
This plastic kit contains 89 components with which to make a 10 man Bleakswords regiment, Dreadspear regiment, or Darkshards regiment.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Dar ... readspears
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Dar ... Darkshards
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Dar ... leakswords

The warriors you bought are likely to have a spear, i.e. to be considered Dreadspears.
If they are so old as to be the ones who have swords, then they are considered Bleakswords.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
CAPTAINxDEE
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by CAPTAINxDEE »

Thank you! Yes I believe they all have spears
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

"Warriors" was the name given to the same model from 6th (and 7th) edition of Warhammer:
It could be he called them Warriors out of habbit, or perhaps they are the old model.
If you don't have a picture of them, I recommend to double check which models you bought. Not that the old ones are bad, mind. I have a whole army of them and I think they still look good in formation. I only wish their spears were slimmer and the spearheads smaller.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

If they are so old as to be the ones who have swords, then they are considered Bleakswords.

My 60 of them prefer the name "classic" to "old" and they prefer the term "pretenders" for their counterparts rather than "dreadspears" ;)

I was miffed by the points increase when the last book came out, but pleased to see that Malekith had finally relented after the better part of a decade for his entry level minions to once again carry true druchii style swords rather than being stuck with those silly pointy poles. Pointy poles let the users cower behind their shields while jabbing at the enemy nearly risk-free. True warriors use swords, so that they can see the whites of their enemies eyes and spit in their face before they slay them :D
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman