Sorceress's Blood Sacrifice

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Phox532
Executioner

Sorceress's Blood Sacrifice

Post by Phox532 »

In the warscroll it says that the sorceress is able to sacrifice a model and get some added powers. I like this ability and I'm already thinking a future army that I want to put it in. But I was thinking, are there any DE based slaves? It would seem that lore wise there would be slaves that you could use in you're army for this ability. Could this work?
Phox Jorkarzul
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Sorceress's Blood Sacrifice

Post by Daeron »

There are no slave units, as far as I know. I think they have never been made because they would conflict with the fluff. Not so much the point of having slaves, but having a combat unit of slaves.

Dark Elves are keen to keep the killing business to themselves, not slaves. Slaves are barely ever used in combat, if at all. The only time I have seen slaves being employed in "combat" was during the End Times, where Malus Darkblade employed enslaved Dark Elves as combat troops. These could be modeled by Bleakswords or Dreadspears.

In the 6th ed there is a single story where Slaves are killed in droves right before the battle, in hope to demoralize the enemy and to litter the field with corpses.

I'm guessing that's why there never was a slave unit for dark elves. You could model a unit of them with Empire Flaggelants, I suppose.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

Okay, I get ya. I am also re-reading the ability and it says that it has to be an exile model. So any suggestion on who I should keep close by to die?
Phox Jorkarzul
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Bleakswords and Dreadspears seem recurring troop choices for Sorceresses. I think Morathi even had a Dreadspear regiment during the End Times that would, at a simple gesture from her hand, commit hara kiri to make they'd never speak of a thing they just witnessed. It was a regiment that was entirely ensared to her will. Not Zombie like, but they certainly had lost part of themselves in the process ;)

If you want to follow the fluff, then Executioners and Witch Elves would be the only poor choice. They are from the Cult of Khaine and would rather die than serve a Sorceress (unless for some higher purpose).
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze