AoS-8th Campaign, opinions?

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Mordrin Spiteblade
Warrior

AoS-8th Campaign, opinions?

Post by Mordrin Spiteblade »

Evening all, I've written some scenarios for AoS and strung them together in a loose campaign.

This campaign follows a distinct series of scenarios to simulate and invasion of territory in order to find a lost artefact of great power which could be anything the players dream up from any time period they choose. It is designed for players to create whatever fluff they like and use the series of scenarios as a narrative to that fluff. One faction is the invaders and the other are the natives. Each scenario can also be used as a standalone game just to spice up Age of Sigmar battles (which lets face it do need spicing up). Any faction can be used and it is intended that the faction will stay in whatever role they pick for all five games.

Winning a game will earn the winning faction minor bonuses in the subsequent game, for example in the beachhead game, if the natives win they get to deploy much closer to the objective in the subsequent river crossing scenario. The players may change their army composition for each battle but must use the same general all the way through or the general will get no rolls on the bonus table in the 5th scenario. The 5th scenario is designed to be a big 8th edition (the gentlemen’s game) fight as we all still love massed ranks, steadfast and interesting magic!

Any brutally honest feedback would be much appreciated! The following link should work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw84w0 ... w?ths=true
Mordrin Spiteblade
Warrior

Re: AoS-8th Campaign, opinions?

:lol: ......bump?........
YZK
Slave on the Altar

Post by YZK »

Not wanting to pop your bubble, but how will the last game work?
Does everyone have square bases still? Then it could work...
Personally I wouldn't mix different - yet similar - games.

Also, I wouldn't give benefits to winners - I'd rather give benefits to the losers, as they clearly need it.
If someone has the ability to win, by giving them additional benefits the gap between winner and loser grows ever bigger.

I like the idea though!
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

The South African guy that is going to run our league has been talking about doing a campaign, but this as always confused me. I am not sure how it works. Do different people play each week? Is it a like a individual campaign for every member of the league? I just confused that's all.
Phox Jorkarzul
Mordrin Spiteblade
Warrior

YZK wrote:Not wanting to pop your bubble, but how will the last game work?
Does everyone have square bases still? Then it could work...
Personally I wouldn't mix different - yet similar - games.

Also, I wouldn't give benefits to winners - I'd rather give benefits to the losers, as they clearly need it.
If someone has the ability to win, by giving them additional benefits the gap between winner and loser grows ever bigger.

I like the idea though!

Thanks for having a look!. I think the vast majority of AoS players will have vast collections on square bases for the foreseeable future and it's aimed at them. However each scenario is stand alone. I thought it would be a good finale with a big 8th (or 9th age) rumble. I disagree with the idea that 8th and AoS are similar but personally I don't see the problem mixing them in a campaign.

I didn't think of giving the previous losers benefits too and I totally agree. I think the winner should still get a bonus but it should be balanced with some sort of benefit for the loser, I'll go back and tweak them.