Combating those pesky HE

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Whobetta
Black Guard

Combating those pesky HE

Post by Whobetta »

looking to play a game roughly 100 wounds.

this is the list my friend is talking about bringing

- Prince on Steed
- Prince on Dragon
- Frostheart Phoenix w/ Caradryan
- Lothern on Skycutter
- Alith Anar
- Loremaster w/ Book of Hoeth
- 5x Great Eagles
- 3x Bolt Throwers
- 10x Shadow warriors

I don't know how good/bad this list is really as I am thinking that with no BLOCK unit it might not do all that well.

wondering what people think I could look to take to combat a list like this...

Thanks!
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Re: Combating those pesky HE

Post by Haagrum »

Age of Sigmar disproportionately favours single model units and large gribblies. They don't have to take battleshock tests and generally can put out a lot of damage, and they give you access to Sudden Death conditions. There's a reason why tournaments for AOS tend to restrict the number of monsters and casters you can take. The use of three bolt throwers doesn't help matters either.

I would recommend taking a lot of firepower in response. Reaper bolt throwers, Darkshards and Shades for starters. Don't take a lot of character models on foot - they can be picked off relatively easily by this list. Add a few large monsters as well, including your own heroes on Dragons if you have them. If the only restriction is wound limits, you may as well play the same game as your opponent.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Cornix
Warrior

Re: Combating those pesky HE

Post by Cornix »

Hello Whobetta, what did you end up using? How did the game go?

His list did seem very good at shooting.

As much as it hurts me to say so I currently think that the high elf list is more powerful. I haven't lost to high elves since 2007 but expecting to not have a much better than 50% win ratio under current rules. However it does make each victory taste even more sweet.
Regards and best wishes
Luke

The aim of the game is to win,
the point of the game is to have fun.