Can a Quicksilver strike cause another quicksilver strike?

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Can a Quicksilver strike cause another quicksilver strike?

Post by Daeron »

Upon trying to model the different abilities from the Exile scrolls, I stumbled on the Quicksilver Strike.

The exact wording is:
Quicksilver Strike: Each time you make
a hit roll of 6 or more for a Bleaksword,
that model can immediately make one
extra attack with its Druchii Sword. If
its unit has 20 or more models, it can
make one extra attack on a hit roll of 5 or
more instead.

On the hit roll of a 6+ (or 5+) the model can immediately make another attack.
It doesn't state if the attack can trigger another quicksilver strike or not. I'm inclined to believe it can, since it counts as a completely new attack. Since rolling 5's or 6's is bound to stop at some point I guess it is okay, but it requires a very different kind of maths ;)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Can a Quicksilver strike cause another quicksilver strik

Post by Amboadine »

Trying to remember the wording of any 8th ed rules that allowed you to continue rolling. I am fairly sure that they spelt out that you could continue until a roll failed. I don't know enough of the AoS rules to remember if there are any similar rules for another unit. I am unfortunately no where close to any of my books to check.

I do however wonder if the specific wording of 'can immediately make one extra attack' is actually meant to mean exactly that and limits the number of rolls. Rather that for example wording it as 'can make additional attacks until a 6 is not rolled'.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Interesting point. For sake of argument, that "one extra attack" does sound like a limit, but I guess that could also have been put there to limit the synergy with abilities that boost your number of attacks. It also points out that, say, your Lordling who gets 2 attacks still only triggers 1 extra attack (per roll) instead of 2 per roll.
Additionally, the first words of the rules state "Each time you make a hit roll of...". Since a new attack has a hit roll, it would seem applicable.

I'm an IT guy though. If I were to tell my computer to do something for every hit roll, it would keep on doing it until it crashes or I tell it to stop ;)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

I completely understand your point of view and logic. I honestly would have absolutely no issue with playing it exactly that way.
I honestly do not know the answer however, just throwing out a counter argument as to why the potentially never ending attack rolls reading of the rule might not actually be the case.
Duffman327
Executioner

Post by Duffman327 »

I would say yes it can. it should be able to keep stacking. its not a re-roll so it shouldn't be limited to only the one roll.
I am the Silent Wind of Doom... Whoosh!