Faction name rumour

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Faction name rumour

Post by Amboadine »

So not a lot to go on, but it looks as if the Elves (Aelfs/ aelves??) may still be split into separate factions.

Rumour is that we will be "Malerion's Shadowkin". Malerion being the AoS version of Malekith.

This suggests we may still get a darker aesthetic that may fit with current models.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Faction name rumour

Post by Daeron »

There was a new logo with the Fyreslayer fluff that spoke of Aelves from the Shadow realm and it sounded like they were real mean raiding machines.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Faction name rumour

Post by Calisson »

All the warscroll compendiums have an insight to the future fluff, in the first two columns of the introduction, page 2:
DE: http://www.games-workshop.com/resources ... ves-en.pdf
HE: http://www.games-workshop.com/resources ... ves-en.pdf
WE: http://www.games-workshop.com/resources ... ves-en.pdf

Though they defend enclaves throughout the Mortal Realms, the greatest concentration of Highborn dwells in Azyrheim. Here they fight for Sigmar’s alliance, raising militia armies to hold back the tides of darkness.

Amid the forests of the Mortal Realms, aelven peoples roam at will. Travelling in nomadic warbands led by mighty heroes and mages, these wanderers deal swift death to their enemies wherever they may be found. The aelves of the deep woods are servants of order, with a strange bond to the sylvaneth.

Embittered and cruel, the aelf Exiles roam the Mortal Realms bringing death to every foe they meet. These swift and vicious warriors are ostensibly allies of Sigmar. In truth, they serve only the shadowy Malerion, and themselves. Emerging from the darkened places of the realms, the Exile warbands engage in lightning raids that leave ravaged corpses piled high in their wake. Then they vanish as quickly as they came, like smoke melting away on the breeze.

-=-=-

DE are all Exiles except the Medusa. Harpies are no longer with them: they belong to Chaos. Note that CoB is the only priest unit.
HE are all Highborn except beasts and monsters.
WE are either Wanderers or Sylvaneth, except war beasts.

We now know more about the fluff of Azyr, the realm of heavens ruled by Sigmar, and the realm of Life where Sylvaneth dwell.

Highborns seem to be found mostly in Azyr, with enclaves in all other realms (Tyrion & Teclis could well rule Hysh, the realm of light),

Wanderers will probably mostly be found in Ghyran, the realm of Life (ruled by Alarielle) with Sylvaneth, and also everywhere in forests (well, one might wonder which forests can grow in some realms such as fire, metal or death?)

Exiles will probably concentrate in Uglu, the realm of Shadows with its 13 kingdoms (ruled by Malarion = Malekith + Seraphon blended together, and Morathi), and everywhere dark in all realms (might be difficult to find good spots in realm of Light or Fire).

All realms except Azyr being deeply ravaged by hordes of chaos.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}