Scourgerunner Chariots?

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cornix
Warrior

Scourgerunner Chariots?

Post by Cornix »

Hello everybody.

I am about to start playing in an AoS campaign with my regular gaming group. I am considering using a Druchii army based on the realm of beasts. I can imagine my Beastmaster, Khallus the Tormentor, settling here hunting all sorts of cools monsters and beasties. The campaign structure as a capped number of warscrolls and each warscroll can have up to 25 wounds (there are also limits on number of monsters, heroes, wizards...etc if people what full break down of structure please let me know).

I am thinking of using a unit of four scourgerunner chariots, I have one from 8th but before spending £75 on three more thought I'd get any opinions or experience that our community might have on them. I am not anticipating greatness due to getting marginally over two hits a turn from the harpoons but hopeful of them being a cool unit that could occasionally take down something cool.

My main thoughts about their use is to deal with monsters, mostly because of background, but thinking cavalry and war machines might not like them being around either.

Thank you and may the dice gods bless you.
Regards and best wishes
Luke

The aim of the game is to win,
the point of the game is to have fun.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Scourgerunner Chariots?

Post by Calisson »

Very important: Note that one of the chariot is ridden by a HBM and gets +1 to shoot.
For shooting units, it is usually adviseable to have multiple units rather than large units with same number of models, but if you are limited in number of warscrolls, then it make senses to take several chariots and increase to the cap.

Note also that the range of 18" is not that high. If you face a monster able to move 8", it needs only to charge 10". If it moves 14"...
So chances are that you may shoot only once.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}