The Jorkar Invasion....may be to sucessful

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Phox532
Executioner

The Jorkar Invasion....may be to sucessful

Post by Phox532 »

So I have played four games now and I think that I may have made my army to strong for the other armies that I'm going to play with and I'm worry that people are not going to want to play with me. So far I have play lizard man three times and Dwarfs The lizards beat me the first time mostly cause we didn't comp and it was 76 wounds to 110 wounds. The last three games have been blow outs we have been using dragon lair comp and playing with a battle plan. Here is basic comp at the moment for our 50 wound games.

The Jokar Warhost:
1 DoC
6 CoK
1 Sorcerer
10 Bleak Swords
5 Dark Riders
2 Units 10 Dark Shards
Exile Warhost Battalion

I like this comp cause I can drop one CoK and the Sorcerer and bring 7 shades or I can bring 4 more CoK, but in the name of fairness I don't want to bring 9 CoK I think that would make the game broken. But anyway What I've found is that the synergy of the Exile Warhost with Dreadlord on the Coldone command ability Single Minded Hunting Party is very very deadly. If I do the math right on charges the Coldone and the Knights are +2 to hit and +3 wounds. Which with 6 Knights means that its possible for 18 wounds here.
Now call it lucky rolls, but in the last three games this units has simply destroyed what every they have come in connect with. Like in the last game I played against the dwarfs I killed 10 of a unit of 16 Warriors and the last six ran off and then in the next turn I charged and killed any whole unit 10 long beards, it was brutal as it was 100% hit and of 18 wound 17 hit.
What happen next was some minor bitching about my army and that Dark Elves were too strong and that my comp was too strong, he was laughing about it, but it has me worried I may have a made a comp that is too strong and that my oppents are not going to fun. Then on the other side is I like winning so i don't know what to do.
Any suggestion?
Phox Jorkarzul
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: The Jorkar Invasion....may be to sucessful

Post by Calisson »

I'm not sure that you read all rules right.
Let's check, please make sure you play correctly the rules in red.

An Exiled Warhost consists indeed of your whole army except the sorceress.

Note that in AoS, there is no possibility of joining a unit, the DLoCO is always a separate unit from the COK even if he is surrounded by the CoK unit, which means that:
- SMHB may apply only to the COK unit, or to the DLoCO, but not to both.
- If COK is chosen for SMHB, and if they have a musician, COK may reroll 2 charge dice.
Make sure that the DLoCO is your general, and if he uses his ability, only one unit benefits from it, and he does not use his Inspiring presence in addition (only one command ability per turn per general).

Let’s see what your 6 COK may do on the charge, assuming DLoCO uses his command ability on COK.

Knights’ attacks: 1 each at 2” (second row may attack)
To hit: 3+, add 1 as COK’s Lance Charge, add 1 as Exiled Warhost charge, result is autohit
To wound: 4+, Add 1 to the wound rolls as Lance Charge, re-roll wound rolls of 1 as Exiled Warhost (but as 1 has been added to the dice, a roll of 1 cannot happen),
No rend to opponent’s armor save.
Damage: 1 wound, add 1 more as COK’s Lance Charge.

CO’s attacks: 2 each at 1” (second row cannot attack)
To hit: 3+, add 1 as Exiled Warhost charge, it is not an autohit
To wound: 4+, add 1 to wound as SMHB, re-roll wound rolls of 1 as Exiled Warhost (but as 1 has been added to the dice, a roll of 1 cannot happen),
No rend to opponent’s armor save.
Damage: 1 wound.

In case all COK were in contact, and if dice gods were very generous, the maximum carnage could be 6+1 lance inflicting 2 wounds, 6x2 jaws inflicting 1 wound, total 26 wounds.

More realistically, assuming COK are 4 in the front with champion, 2 in the rear, that would leave:
6+1 lance attacks, autohit, wound on 3+ but no reroll, let opponent save armor, each inflicts 2 wounds.
4x2 jaws attacks, hit on 2+, wound on 3+ but no reroll, let opponent save armor, each inflicts 1 wound.
Total is 13.8 wounds in average, less the saved ones, which is fearsome indeed.

Compared to your math:
The CO has only +1 To hit, only the lance autohits.
The +1 wounds mentioned are not your model’s wounds (the unit stays at 12 wounds total), this refers to the wounds inflicted by the lance, not the jaws, if it manages to pass the opponent armor save.

-=-=-

Quick reference on relevant rules:

Exiled Warhost gives the rules:
- You can re-roll wound rolls of 1 in the combat phase for models from an Exiled Warhost.
- You can add 1 to any hit rolls for a model from an Exiled Warhost if it made a charge that turn.

Dreadlord on Cold One (DLoCO) rule says:
Single-minded Hunting Beasts (SMHB): If a Dreadlord on a Cold One uses this ability, select a unit of Cold One Knights or Cold One Chariots within 14".
Until your next hero phase you can re-roll any of the dice when determining that unit’s charge distance
and add 1 to wound rolls for that unit’s Ferocious Jaws.

For each COK model:
Barbed Lance and Blade: Range 2", Attacks 1, To Hit 3+, To Wound 4+, Damage 1
Cold One’s Ferocious Jaws: Range 1" (so no second rank), Attacks 2, To Hit 3+, To Wound 4+

COK have the following ability:
Lance Charge: Add 1 to the wound rolls and Damage of a Cold One Knight’s Barbed Lance and Blade if he charged in the same turn.

-=-=-

The combo you've chosen is a very tough one indeed.
AoS is not a balanced game, even if you add some comp such as the total wounds.
For the sake of the fun, if you manage to win each time easily, I may suggest you to field only 75% of the wounds that your group sets as a limit.
It will give a fairer chance to your opponent, and you will be even more prouds of your wins.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Agreed. Warhosts are like a themed army you can take without any thought.

The problem is is while they have some nifty rules to go with them, they are by their nature very limited to what you see there.

That said, you could use it as a starting point and go from there and make your own army, or buck wild and do your own thing.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

Calisson wrote:I'm not sure that you read all rules right.
Let's check, please make sure you play correctly the rules in red.

I have missed the rules a little. First I didn't know that you can auto hit, second I didn't see that on charges the lance does two damage if the knights charge.

But I was more looking To and the To wound, which I was wanting to make sure that it was right that it goes to cause I was told the best it could be was +2 to Hit and +3 to wound for both the Knights and the Coldones cause again I was told you can't auto hit.

Thanks help

Also I think you're right. I know that this week I'm going to be playing High Elves (I want to win this one bad, but if I do win easy I'm going to stop using the Exile Host for wound games under 75.
Phox Jorkarzul