Next AoS release

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Next AoS release

Post by Amboadine »

So back to Stormcast. The wait for Aelfs continues :(

http://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?showtopic=239537

Not sure I like the angular look to be honest.
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Re: Next AoS release

Post by Shadowspite »

'Fulminators'? They really are scraping the bottom of the thesaurus bucket, aren't they? I think they've gone through literally every single word in the English language that relates to storms, lightning, thunder, etc.

Those draconic mount things must need to keep their mouths open at all times, because if they closed them their lower canines would completely block their forward vision.

I am not a fan.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Shadowspite wrote:'Fulminators'? They really are scraping the bottom of the thesaurus bucket, aren't they? I think they've gone through literally every single word in the English language that relates to storms, lightning, thunder, etc.

It's still a fraction more original than PP, who tend to just call stuff "Storm x" where x is blade/guard/lance/tower etc etc. ;)

Shadowspite wrote:Those draconic mount things must need to keep their mouths open at all times, because if they closed them their lower canines would completely block their forward vision.

It's basically just bear cavalry for a game without bears... :lol:

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Cornix
Warrior

Post by Cornix »

Amboadine wrote:So back to Stormcast. The wait for Aelfs continues :(

If rumours are to be believed Aelf box set due out in the summer, wouldn't surprise me if it also has a Slaanesh force too. Hopefully worth the wait.
Regards and best wishes
Luke

The aim of the game is to win,
the point of the game is to have fun.
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

New dragony thing. I actually rather like this one. Big improvement on the gangly dragons of previous editions, with their huge hands and heads on skinny, pot-bellied bodies. I do think the wings look sort of upside-down, but that might be partly a result of the angle the photograph was taken from.

I'd love to get one and convert it into a black dragon with a DE lord atop it. Making that armour look appropriately dark elfy would need a lot of greenstuff, though...

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Very sparkly. Think I might need to see at in person to make a decision on this one.
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

If I was 12 I might actually like them.
Also known as Kanadian
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Well it certainly beats Malekith's old dragon in so many ways ;) I think it's quite alright, and matches the aesthetic of the army.
It also introduces the first AoS dragon... I wonder how much of a sign of things to come this one is.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Too big to be used in game and too expensive. GW and dragons never went together all that well, but this is so far over the top it's silly.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
toots
Beastmaster

Post by toots »

Utterly horrendous
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Some new news: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/563

There will be 10 different Aelven factions, including "the silent guardians of the Phoenix Temples" and the "Darkling Covens". There's also mention of a beastmaster faction. The implication seems to be that the Aelves are split into lots of mysterious religio-philosophical cults, each with its own culture and secret goals, and each only allied to Sigmar and the forces of Order in the most nominal way.

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

It's very promising. There are also 3 new Chaos character releases.. I like them, quite a bit. But I'm a bit surprised, since I felt that Chaos already had such a nice collection of (khorne) champions. My guess is that they want more alternatives to finecast models in place. Never the less, they look good and well in line with the Bloodbound range.

I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Shadowspite wrote:Some new news: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/563

There will be 10 different Aelven factions, including "the silent guardians of the Phoenix Temples" and the "Darkling Covens". There's also mention of a beastmaster faction. The implication seems to be that the Aelves are split into lots of mysterious religio-philosophical cults, each with its own culture and secret goals, and each only allied to Sigmar and the forces of Order in the most nominal way.

Interesting news. Potentially a nice range of models.
Hopefully not just a repack.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

My guess is it will start as a repack, considering the release date of the book leaves little time for new releases. But it may set the blueprints for future releases, or the themes which new releases may follow.

- The stiff breeze
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

I just hope that the elf (sorry I mean "aelf" - really?) models look better than these Stormcasts. I know there are some people who like these new minis but to me they're just horrible. Maybe it's just the paint job - perhaps with a less garish colour scheme they might look OK but right now they're not doing anything at all for me, sorry :(

And did I read that right about GW charging £5.25 for 2.5g of superglue??????

Surely not - Poundland sells four 7g bottles on a card for less than a fifth of that!

OK, maybe GW is selling the industrial-strength Filla-Glue variety, in which case it's still expensive, but for the regular stuff (assuming it's the same stuff they used to sell before - ie. the bog-standard stuff that you buy in the pound shops), it's taking extortionate to totally new levels of excess and obscenity!

Slaanesh would be proud of them :twisted:
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Never buy glue, tools or putty from GW. That has always been good advice for as long as I've been in this hobby. Their prices for these things have always been stupid.

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Themed teams!

- The stiff breeze
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

I'm not convinced flagellants and witch hunters really fit with the new goody-two-shoes Sigmar, to be honest.

Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

I'll be interested to see some of the new Order formations. Other than that, the wait continues for me.

Darkprincess wrote:OK, maybe GW is selling the industrial-strength Filla-Glue variety, in which case it's still expensive, but for the regular stuff (assuming it's the same stuff they used to sell before - ie. the bog-standard stuff that you buy in the pound shops), it's taking extortionate to totally new levels of excess and obscenity!

Slaanesh would be proud of them :twisted:

This explains why the forces of Slaanesh can't find their god. He/She/It has taken up a directorship in GW's marketing and sales division!
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

OK, here's the list of which DE units are in which factions:

Scourge Privateers (Everybody with a scaly cloak lives here...)
Black Ark Corsairs
Kharibdyss
Scourgerunner Chariots
Black Ark Fleetmaster

Shadowblades (OK, this faction makes no sense - where do assassins hide in an all-cavalry force?)
Assassins
Dark Riders

Daughters of Khaine (I assume Khaine is now in the same state he is in 40K - technically still around but shattered and massively depowered)
Doomfire Warlocks (Why are they in this faction???)
Witch Aelves
Cauldron of Blood
Bloodwrack Medusae (Shouldn't they be in with the sorceresses and their Darkling Covens?)
Bloodwrack Shrine (Likewise...)
Sisters of Slaughter (I always thought they felt more Slaaneshi than Khainite)
Death Hag

Darkling Covens
Dreadspears
Executioners (seem to have lost their link to Khaine)
Bleakswords
Sorceress
Sorceress on Black Dragon
Black Guard
Darkshards

Order Serpentis
Drakespawn* Knights
War Hydra
Dreadlord on Black Dragon
Drakespawn* Chariots

* = renamed Cold Ones

Source is DakkaDakka.

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Drakespawn.. Better than some names they have come up with. Not sure the change was needed. But we could have had worse... Biteclaw Bloodlizards
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Amboadine wrote:Drakespawn.. Better than some names they have come up with. Not sure the change was needed. But we could have had worse... Biteclaw Bloodlizards

Interesting thing is that it implies they're descended from Dracothion, the new setting's benevolent creator god.

Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Hmm. Going by this preview of the Bleaksword and Darkshard warscrolls in Grand Alliance: Order, there is no longer an 'Exiles' faction keyword that all DE units have. This means that support magic, command abilities and other synergistic abilities will (mostly) no longer function between the various new DE subfactions. So a sorceress won't be able to sacrifice corsairs to boost her magic, nor will a dragon-mounted dreadlord be able to boost a unit of bleakswords with 'Do Not Disappoint Me'.

I assume High Elves will likewise have lost the 'Highborn' keyword. Wood Elves are still a single faction, and are still called 'Wanderers', so they are unaffected. But this is a big, if subtle, change.

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Perhaps. Or perhaps it will affect any Aelf ;)
But it does seem to hint a stronger split between the various sub factions.

- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

OK all the scrolls are available on the Warhammer App. For those who don't have it, a rough overview of the changes:

Darkling Covens
- Darkshards
- Bleakswords
- Dreadspears
- Sorceress on Black Dragon, scroll is messed up. We don't get all weapon profiles, and some twice. No other apparent change
- Executioners
- Black Guard, gained +1 bravery, lost synergy with Malekith
- Sorceress, needs to sacrifice a Darkling Coven model for the spell boost now

Common change: The Standard bearer gives +2 to bravery (as it used to) but only with Darkling Coven heroes.

Daughters of Khaine
- Cauldron of Blood
- Bloodwrack Shrine,
- Bloodwrack Medusae
- Death Hag
- Witch Aelves
- Sisters of Slaughter
- Doomfire Warlocks

For the Hags, you have to choose between giving the Death Hag an additional weapon OR the witch brew chalice. Death Hags can now also dispel one spell. Hellebron's command ability is given to the COB Hag.
Hellebron isn't showing anymore.

Bloodwrack stare now triggers on 5+. No silly rule/action needed.

Standards only work with Daughters of Khaine heroes.

Ordos Serpentis

- Drakespawn Chariot (cold one chariot)
- Drakespawn Knights (cold one knights)
- War Hydra
- Dreadlord on Black Dragon

The Dreadlord gained "The Price of Failure" from the Dreadlord on foot. The command ability "Do not disappoint me" changed considerably. It now reads "If a dread lord on black dragon uses this ability, select an Order Serpentis unit from your army within 14". Until your next hero phase you can re-roll all failed wound rolls for that unit in the combat phase."

Standards only work with Ordos Serpentis heroes.

Scourge Privateers

- Kharibdyss
- Black Ark Corsairs
- Black Ark Fleetmaster
- Scourgerunner Chariots

Standards only work with Scourge Privateers heroes. The command ability of the Fleetmaster changed. It now reads "If a Black Ark Fleetmaster uses this ability, pick one Scourgerunner Privateers unit within 14". Until your next hero phase you can re-roll all failed hit rolls for that unit."
Bit of an upgrade, that one :)

Shadowblades

- Dark Riders
- Assassin
(Would have expected Shades here)

The standard bearer of the Dark Riders LOST its bonus for any hero. It just adds 1 bravery. The Assassin no longer has throwing blades, but now gets 6 attacks in melee, instead of 5. He can also hide in ANY of your units... So technically he can be hired by Chaos :P

All the old models and characters remain available under the section Dark Elves. Those are all the changes I could find.

- The stiff breeze