Dream New Model?

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Phox532
Executioner

Dream New Model?

Post by Phox532 »

What is your dream new model or kit? What kit do think would fit the Aelves? I heard that here was some speculation that Aelves will be getting some love in June, so it's the prefect time to think about what we would really love to see in our armies.

For me I have two kits that I'd love to see. First is would be a unverisal Aelf Battle Standard Bearer. This kit could have pieces and bits to make it look like any of the factions that wanted to it fallow, Highborn, Exile or Wanderer. You would also have some different rules depending on what it was built with. So while all Aelf may get +x to hit, if planted, maybe Highborn troops would also get re-roll failed hit rolls, Exiles could get rolls of 6 do mortal wounds and Wanders could get D3 to charges. I don't know I'm not a game maker. But I think that a universal BSB is needed, if we are really supposed to mix and match our Aelf armies. An universal BSB could also make the faction as a whole seem like a group. Instead of just 11 sub factions running around doing their own thing.

The second kit that I would love to see addition to the plastic Shades/Hex-huntresses. So I think that this would be cool kit cause, I would like to see all the models in be female. The Shades could have a cloak look with an armor breast plate, like the old Shades, but with a more fem from. They could have the same rules and they could slide into the Shadowblade sub-faction which is being miss used and feels uncompleted.
The Hex-huntresses would be a unit of 5 mini wizards, think Doomfire Warlocks on foot. They would all be female models that would slide into the Thrall Warhost or Order Serpentis. Their main focus would be anti-magic kind of this group of spell casters brought a long to protect units, but they'd be weaker that just having a single sorceress. In my mind they are like Magic Black Guard there to protect command units from the likes of wizards.
Phox Jorkarzul
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Dream New Model?

Post by Saintofm »

I like to see something for the harpies. Something that mixes elvin beauty with beastly nature.

I also want to see something simalar to the Beastmaster for the Dark Eldar where you hae a mini runleashing a flurry of murderous beats more hound or ogre sized.

I could also go for another reaper redesign. THe current one most of use use looks ok, but the older one that came before looked better and more menecing.

Maybe have the new one called a scorpion and have a arachnid themed to its look.

Also, more individual Medusa. if we are going to have multples in a unit of them we need to be able to do that without spending 60 bucks for a lousy chariot. Yes we are going to go to other companies, I'm already ordering some from reaper, but the thought should be there.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

I doubt we'll see any new 'Dark Elf' (in AoS terms, 'Exile Aelves') models from GW any time soon, if ever. What we will see are Shadowkin, of which the Mistweaver Saih and Tenebrael Shard in the Silver Tower game are the first. So more of a Dark Eldar aesthetic, mixed with a homage to / ripoff of D&D Shadar-Kai.

Basically this:
but with pointy ears.

Since I really like both the 40K Dark Eldar look and the D&D Shadar-Kai look, I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the AoS Shadowkin range look like. But I must admit that the Tenebrael Shard is a bit of a disappointment.

There's no specific model or unit I want, but what I would like to see is more mixed-gender plastic boxes like the current Dark Eldar kabalites and wyches: roughly half male and half female torsos, with interchangeable arms, legs and heads. The current wych heads have a good mix of 'probably male', 'probably female' and 'really could be either'.

Also, I'd like to see GW subvert the gender stereotypes a bit. Female melee-fighter heroes in full armour. Male spellcasters/non-melee-dudes without the usual GW steroid-abuser physiques (this is what disappointed me most about the Tenebrael Shard, BTW - that is not an elvish-looking torso IMO). That sort of thing.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Shadowspite wrote:I doubt we'll see any new 'Dark Elf' (in AoS terms, 'Exile Aelves') models from GW any time soon, if ever. What we will see are Shadowkin, of which the Mistweaver Saih and Tenebrael Shard in the Silver Tower game are the first. So more of a Dark Eldar aesthetic, mixed with a homage to / ripoff of D&D Shadar-Kai.

Basically this:
but with pointy ears.

Since I really like both the 40K Dark Eldar look and the D&D Shadar-Kai look, I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the AoS Shadowkin range look like. But I must admit that the Tenebrael Shard is a bit of a disappointment.

There's no specific model or unit I want, but what I would like to see is more mixed-gender plastic boxes like the current Dark Eldar kabalites and wyches: roughly half male and half female torsos, with interchangeable arms, legs and heads. The current wych heads have a good mix of 'probably male', 'probably female' and 'really could be either'.

Also, I'd like to see GW subvert the gender stereotypes a bit. Female melee-fighter heroes in full armour. Male spellcasters/non-melee-dudes without the usual GW steroid-abuser physiques (this is what disappointed me most about the Tenebrael Shard, BTW - that is not an elvish-looking torso IMO). That sort of thing.

Agreed. The old warrior kits may have been using the smurfett principle to the fullest, but there were noticable females in the ranks. The only other unit I can think of like that are the glade guard from the wood elf army. This made things different,interestng, and not a complete sausage fest!
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Wonder if we'll get Driders this time out?
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Hmm, I can't think of one particular new model I would like to see. What excites me is the potentially completely new direction they take our race. What new spin will they put on the Aelfs
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

What about new charecter minies? Shadowblade and Helebrom are staying, but I'd like to see a new Morathi and Malekeith, and maybe some of the other clasics.
Phox532
Executioner

Post by Phox532 »

Saintofm wrote:What about new charecter minies? Shadowblade and Helebrom are staying, but I'd like to see a new Morathi and Malekeith, and maybe some of the other clasics.

I don't know if I want a any named characters, but I can see the appeal having them. If we get them I'd like to new ones and not rehashes.
Phox Jorkarzul
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Saintofm wrote:Shadowblade and Helebrom are staying, but I'd like to see a new Morathi and Malekeith, and maybe some of the other clasics.

Surely that's the other way around? We know Morathi and Malekith (called Malerion now) exist in the AoS fluff, but the Shadowblade model is just a generic Aelf Assassin now, and the Hellebron model is just a weapon variant for the Daughters of Khaine Death Hag. I don't remember any official AoS fluff that suggests Shadowblade or Hellebron themselves have survived or been reborn into the new setting.

Or have I misunderstood what you meant by 'staying'? Did you just mean their models are still available?

In any case, we can be pretty sure Morathi and Malerion will get new models eventually, since it was revealed at Warhammer Fest that Alarielle is getting one.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Catrine
Trainee Warrior

Post by Catrine »

Seems a safe bet that there will be a 'big kit' of some sort, perhaps a re-imagining of the dragon set, I'd like one with mounted options for either dark or high elf heroes.

It's hard to say what else might roll off the line without further info on the state of the elves in AoS, Silver Tower is the best we have so far in terms of design prompts, with the elves there being a bit of a mix of dark and high elf motifs, kinda, both are a little over-designed for my tastes, but they are hero models, presumably rank and file bodies would have less accessories. Plus the Tenebral Shard suffers from being the worst hero kit in a game which includes a dwarf, an outrageous insult!

Definitely I'd like to see more lady options outside of the 'scantily clad' line of design, but that is always one step forwards, two steps back with GW, I suppose the elves are the most likely to get decent female models, but that is it's own problem in and of itself, I suppose.

If I had to guess I'd say the first elf release will be focused around Malerion and his followers, a big kit, some characters and a couple of unit boxes seems the norm so far. Oh, and before I forget, I was down at Warhammer World last weekend, as I was picking up some cold one knights the guy at the till muttered some vague comments towards the suggestion of 'get them before their gone', which seems odd given their in the Order battletome and all that, but I can't imagine even at WW the counter staff are all the privy to upcoming releases, but anyway, a tiny hint that elves might be rolling round sometime soon I suppose.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

My dream model would be a Dark Elf Pegasus Character with a lot of extra bits for conversion. I really liked most Dark Elf plastic kits, always lots of stuff for conversions. Its a shame they made the new Warrior kit to difficult for conversions and diversity as the physics were much better than first kit.
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

I'd like some models that are not over the top. Maybe some sort of lightly armoured Elven militia.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854