Armies of order

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Imrillion
Shade

Armies of order

Post by Imrillion »

Im looking at re basing (after my AoP entry) and building up a sizable force for AoS. I was in my local GW and the store manager said, basically as long as i take battle line units. the only issue i have right now is who do i take as my general.. Im thinking perhaps a privateer army lead by a fleet master, with a daughters of khaine battle line and an order serpentis battle line for flexability and flavor.

anyone been playin much AoS? does this sound viable?
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Re: Armies of order

Post by Shadowspite »

The problem there is that the battleline units for Daughters of Khaine and Ordo Serpentis stop being battleline as soon as you add in any units from any other faction. The only DE units that are battleline in a mixed-faction Order army are Dreadspears, Bleakswords and Darkshards.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Imrillion
Shade

Post by Imrillion »

oh!!!

So how do you structure a dark elf army with different units?! Is there a way?
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

If you want an army entirely of DE units, you have two options. Either stick to one of the DE subfactions and take no units from outside that subfaction. Or take your compulsory battleline units as Dreadspears, Bleakswords and Darkshards and then add whatever else you want.

So, for a legal 1000 point DE army you might take only Daughters of Khaine units, and have at least 2 units of Witch Aelves as your battleline. You can't take any Sorceresses, Cold One Knights or Corsairs (for example) in that army, because they are from different subfactions.

Or if you want Sorceresses, Cold One Knights, etc. alongside your Witches, then you could take your 2 compulsory battleline units as a unit of Darkshards and a unit of Bleakswords. But Witches are no longer battleline.

Above 1000 points, where you need at least 3 battleline, I would be very wary of trying to play a single-subfaction DE army. DE subfactions are just too limited to be viable in higher points value games IMO.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.