AoS Battle Report: Pictures! Romance! Lots of dead dwarfs!

Batreps under Age of Sigmar rules

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Barking Agatha
Corsair

AoS Battle Report: Pictures! Romance! Lots of dead dwarfs!

Post by Barking Agatha »

Had another game of AoS today, and this time we took pictures!

Even though we had a full table to set up in, the duardin made themselves a fortress in one corner with a hill and behind fences, with 20 Thunderers, 2 Cannons, 1 Organ Gun, a large bunch of Hammerers, Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow and Kraggi. My Cross-bo's garrisoned the tower and his Engineer climbed up the Magewrath Throne. He protected his flank with about 20 Ironbreakers, a Dwarf Lord, and another Dwarf Lord carried by shieldbearers. My Five Shades of Bo set up in the Temple of Skulls in the middle.

Turn1: I won the initiative. The Shades shot at the Ironbreakers, killing one or two. The three Reaper Bo Throwers in my corner shot at his cannons, killing one and leaving the other one wounded. Thorek used his Rune of Wrath and Ruin on Princess the Hydra, then shot at her with the cannon, the organ gun, Bugman, and half the Thunderers (all that were in range), leaving her badly wounded but still alive.

Turn 2: He won the initiative. The duardin stood where they were as if they'd never heard of the Movement phase. They fired on Princess again and finished her off -- she never had a chance to regrow any heads. That was pretty much all they did, as they were waiting for me to come to them. Now it's my turn, and the Bo'locks (warlocks) cast Doombolt on the Ironbreakers, killing 6. The Shades fire on them and roll nicely, killing another 4. My Reaper Bo Throwers finish off his wounded cannon and kill his organ gun. The Bo Guard (dreadspears) run forward to the middle, with the Head Chop Bo's (executioners) on one side and Aunt Maddie (the Medusae) on the other.

Seeing that there are very few Ironbreakers left, the Bo'locks and Shades decide to charge them together... and get slaughtered completely. They did put some wounds on the Shieldbearer Lord, at least.

Turn 3: Thankfully, I win the initiative. On my left side, the Keening Bo's (witch elves) drink their Witchbrew and receive the Strength of Khaine, and charge the Ironbreakers and their two Dwarf Lords. They almost completely wipe them out, but the shieldbearer Lord still remains with one wound left.

On my right side, the Bo Guard and the Head Chop Bo's both charge the Thunderers behind the fence. The Head Chop Bo's alone kill almost half of them (the Bo Guard haven't even attacked yet in the picture). My RBoT's shred Josef Bugman apart, just for a laugh and in case he was thinking of entering the fray. Aoifanne the Sorceress casts Word of Pain on the Hammerers up the hill.

His turn: The Painworded Hammerers charge the Bo Guard and Head Chop Bo's. The five slayers behind the Magewrath Throne charge the Keening Bo's, seeking a glorious death at the hands of bikini girls on drugs. Thorek uses his Rune of Wrath on Aunt Maddie, causing her 2 mortal wounds. The Engineer uses the power of the Magewrath Throne on the Bo Guard, killing only one.

The Miners emerge from their tunnel (I'd forgotten all about them!) now that there's room for them to turn up near my RBoT's, and they manage to charge them.

The shieldbearer Lord kills 6 of the Keening Bo's, but the rest of them finally finish him off and kill the five slayers as well.

The Hammerers prepare to defend Torek against the advancing Bo's.

And unfortunately it was getting late, so we had to leave it there. We both agreed that the dwarfs were pretty much done for, and wouldn't have survived a 4th turn. So, another Bo Victory! :)
Icon hack
Druchii Anointed
Druchii Anointed

Re: AoS Battle Report: Pictures! Romance! Lots of dead dwarf

Post by Icon hack »

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

One question: Did you deploy strictly within the RAW, or did you agree beforehand to any restrictions to keep the numbers and composition similar?
Wishing everyone the very best, to the end of your days.
Barking Agatha
Corsair

Re: AoS Battle Report: Pictures! Romance! Lots of dead dwarf

Post by Barking Agatha »

Icon hack wrote:Nice! Thanks for sharing.

One question: Did you deploy strictly within the RAW, or did you agree beforehand to any restrictions to keep the numbers and composition similar?

He formed up everything he had brought with him and we counted: he had about 90-something models, including 3 war machines and 6 heroes. I brought out about 90 models including 3 war machines, 3 heroes, the Hydra and Aunt Maddie. We both agreed that it looked about right. :)