Who we are (Introduction thread).

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Follow the link in my sig and all is revealed...
Pleased to be back
Andrewthotep
Slave on the Altar

Post by Andrewthotep »

Seems like a good place for a first post. To start with, I must say that D.net is is an amazing web resource! It's obviously put together by people who are talented, passionate fans of the Druchii and the whole WHFB thaing, so props to all of you who have contributed.

My name is andrewthotep. I used to the the Crawling Chaos and Messenger of the Outer Gods, but the hours sucked.

I live in arcane, witch-haunted Canberra, Australia.

I have only picked up wargaming in the last year or so - Tyranids, and now I'm starting Druchii. I've been a roleplayer for a lot longer - like about 25 years.

I'm looking forward to using D.net as a resource as I learn to field a DE army.
Dracko
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Dracko »

hello, I'm 16 and in Ottawa (Canada). I've been playing 40k for about 4 years, fantasy for 3. I just started Dark Elves so i can't wait to see what people here are up to.

anyway, seeya on the forum.
Demonclown
Corsair

Post by Demonclown »

Dec.h live in wales all my life. love my country and the people in it! been collecting for 6 years since i was nine . ive been gaming for 4 i think! and im now 15. my first army was the space wolves and my last were the tyranids which i am still collecting a bit now. i have started collecting dark elves but i only have 16 warriors and 12 executioners! im here for hobby tips really and everything else besides (my green stuff skills aren't wonderful!). :D :twisted:
"AVENGE THE FALLEN FATHERS,
STRIKE DOWN THOSE WHO BETRAYED US,
BRING DOWN THEIR WALLS AND BURN THEIR HOMES,
DRIVE THEM INTO THE SEA BRETHREN,
MALEKITH WILL KNOW HIS FOLLY,
I SHALL DEVOUR HIM, PIECE BY PIECE."
- Noble Gwydn Clorian of the Nos Draig
Naeith
Slave on the Altar

Post by Naeith »

'Ello, I live in Denmark in a village named Bramming, and I'm 16 years old. I have benn playing warhammer (fantasy that is) for 3 years now, but I've been into the hobby since I was like 10. I play high elves (5k) and wood elves (2,5k), and I'm starting ogres this month, hopefully.Both my armies are almost half painted.... I'm here because someone told me to join ;) .

*cough* - Lyhne
If you continue in that direction you are likely to end up where you are heading!
Lord ruerl of harganeth
Beastmaster
Location: Searching Ulthuan for my wife's murderer (New Zealand actually)

Post by Lord ruerl of harganeth »

My name is Michael Papadopoulos (though i get called pappy and harry potter-curse that glasses wearing freak) from the south pacific (some long white cloudy place) and i've played warhammer for about 5-6 years but mainly Lotr. My first ever Warhammer model i saw was a night goblin and i thought that night goblins were the baddies and there were like Light goblins who were goodies. I liked to play imaginary games then (i still do a bit) and i imagined i was some warrior guy fighting skaven (even though i didn't really know what they were) now i'm into my De and working on making them 2,000pts.
"Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, I will have my Venegance"
Webwolf
Slave on the Altar

Post by Webwolf »

Okay, when in Rome....

Hi all,

Name: Allan Nielsen

Been playing Dark Elves for..... no, sorry. I play Dwarfs, Chaos Mortals/Hordes of Chaos/the Chaos army with no beastmen, and Orcs.

I play 40k Chaos, and have some IG and Orkz.

I also play World of Warcraft, Dark Crusade, Battlefield 2, CS: source, DoD: Source, some D&D, and other games.

I am trying to get Mark Of Chaos and BF 2142.
"These Waaaghs are a cross between holy crusade and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure."
Lyhne
The Dane

Post by Lyhne »

Webwolf wrote:Chaos Mortals/Hordes of Chaos/the Chaos army with no beastmen, and Orcs.

Oh, the chaos without the orcs... I see ;)
+++Team Mulligans +++
Rorkie wrote:
Rork edit: Caps hurt my eyes. Don't hurt my eyes. If you do, I will hurt your soul.
Webwolf
Slave on the Altar

Post by Webwolf »

Lyhne wrote:
Webwolf wrote:Chaos Mortals/Hordes of Chaos/the Chaos army with no beastmen, and Orcs.

Oh, the chaos without the orcs... I see ;)

You naughty fellow, you :D
"These Waaaghs are a cross between holy crusade and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure."
Shadowassassin
Trainee Warrior

Post by Shadowassassin »

i'm Stuart from South London, UK. i also play Lord Of The Rings, collect (and soon hope to learn to play) 40k, and collect and play Dwarfs and Dark Elves in fantasy!
Stu
Evil on the loose
Warrior

Post by Evil on the loose »

Hi,
Just discovered the druchii.net a few weeks ago and have really come to appreciate the high standards of articles and width of activities that goes on here.
I've been involved with the GW hobby since Space Hulk (1 st. ed.) but have just taken up WHFB half a year ago with two small armies as the result today: HoC - using the most recent line of models, and a CoS - using mostly antique chaos warrior-, champion- and druchii models. Chaos rules by far because of the great oppotunities of innovative modelling, painting and fluff. Also, it's arguably the only truly original fantasy element to have come out of GW.

My name is Jakob, age 28, and i live on the Devil's Island in Denmark.
Reichhardt rulez the screens. Beats Valten and Karlo on the telli any saturday evening!
Garluch
Beastmaster

Post by Garluch »

Hi, my real name is Knut Strand and i live high up north in the chaos wastes (aka: Sweden) and i have been playing all groundgames in warhammer+ lotr for 4 years now, have about 15000-20000pt mixed but most De and Lizzards
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Evil on the loose wrote:
My name is Jakob, age 28, and i live on the Devil's Island in Denmark.

Yay, more Danes! And you're from Sjælland? Bah, Lyhne and I now that the only real thing is Jutland.. :)
Quatters
Executioner

Post by Quatters »

Hey hey!
I'm Alex, aka Quatters, originally from Sydney Australia but have been living in London the last 2 years, and intend to return for another few years.

I started getting into GW many years ago, but being pretty young with no job, and quite fickle it meant I ended up with lots of minatures, but from a variety of armies. When I got a bit older, I ended up buying an enormous Black Templar army which unfortunatley due to the rules, massacared everyone I came up against despite my refusal to use any sort of tactics.
I then decided I wanted to also have a WHFB army, and I chose the Dark Elves because of their tactical edge. Also the fact that WHFB is a more tactical game also swayed me.
MOTHERBOY!!!!!!!!!!
[w]arrior^
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by [w]arrior^ »

right, my turn

Battles Played 3/4 (1 but not fully finished)
Im 16
and eh...
Id love to play more battles with my DE Army :P :)
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Games: three
Victories: three (and three of them were massacres, my brothers are not very good generals :twisted: ... they are going to ally against me some day... they are going to regret it...)

EDIT We played the game on tuesday. 1000 points per side, my DE against Empire and O&G. I achieved Solid Victory, I'm a bit disappointed :evil: My clean line of Massacres was cut...

Well i'm from Finland, and I presume that now I'm the youngest on the site I'M 14!!!! hahaha *devilish laughter* well I'm not very happy about it...
Amun-ganeth
Slave on the Altar

Post by Amun-ganeth »

Hello all, forgot to introduce myself when I joined, but some probably know me as Amun-Lothain on Asur.org, or Akhenaton on Khemri.co.

Standard stuff:

My main army is Tomb Kings at the moment, but I also have a sizeable Dark Elf force, been playing/collecting for about ten years. I've been busy with school and the campaign at Asur.org, but when things quiet down and I have time to get back to work on my DE's I'll definitely be visiting more often! :P
Carl weathers
Warrior

Post by Carl weathers »

Greetings folks,

Chris is the name and I hail from Toronto, Canada. I've played WHFantasy (and fantasy alone) on and off for 3 editions now, and played a handful of armies before finally devoting myself wholly to the Druchii. I've fought many battles, but there is nothing more satisfying than a well executed druchii victory. Or to put it another way: 'To crush your enemies, watch them flee before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!'
"The slow blade penetrates the shield."
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

I thought that I had posted here but I guess not.

My names Brian and I have been playing 40k for about 7 years and Im 16 now.

I have a Blood Angels 40k army and a DE and OK WFB army, the first two been over 6000 points each and the OK been around 1000.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Name: Doug Barber

Interest's: Warhammer(Duh), Lots of heavy metal music, AFL(Aussie rules Football), and of course...Nachoes

Likes: Nachoes, Music (Keeps me alive), hanging out with my friends, a good book.

Dislikes: High elves, jazz music, books which leave you saying "Wow and they all lived happily ever after!), and you know..stuff

Background: Irish/German/Austalian

Last edited by Khel on Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

It appears I haven't posted... I could have sworn I did :S

Hmm-

My name's Rory, I'm soon to be 20 and have been playing 40k for 8years or so. I've collected Orks, IG, Dark Eldar, Chaos, and now Eldar. I recently started playing Fantasy around a year ago, and have Tomb Kings, Dark Elves and Orcs & Goblins.

I'm studying at QUT (Queensland University of Technology) in Brisbane, Australia, doing a Double Degree in Information Technology and Communication Design. I design and program games in my spare time, although ironically, since starting university I've had less time and energy for designing.

When I graduate I'm not sure what I want to do... I'm trying to decide between selling out and getting a corporate job as a designer, trying to get into a good software design company as a games designer, or perhaps working freelance and putting my spare time into developing my own works. Recently I've been contemplating doing further study, perhaps a PHD, but I'm not completely sure as of yet.
Venkh wrote:But then if wishes were fishes, Id be captain birdseye.
Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Marauder mitch2 »

My name is Rob Michell, I am in the London Massif.

I am happily married to a lovely Brasilian Girl, Sabrina.

I work for the City of London, a local government coucil and studying to be an accountant - I need money.

I like Borat, High Five, Ping Pong and disco dance.

I have every fantasy army and 9 legions of chaos space marines. Problem about being a ex key timer. I love my Dark Elves because it is a challenge and fun to use.

cheers rob
DJ Dizzy Posted: Jul 1 2009, 08:13 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

My daemon record is 2 wins and 12 losses... Yep, I suck at warhammer
Bloodyangel
Black Guard

Post by Bloodyangel »

Hello all!!!

My name is Natasha, I'm 25, and I currently live in Rochester NY. I got into Warhammer in high school, back when the Witch Elves all had giant 80's hair and any army could field large monsters. (I still have a Cockatrice and a Giant Scorpion.) I don't recall what Edition that was... I got into it because I loved D&D and all that fun, geeky stuff, but gave it up for a long, long while...

And now I'm back! Just in time for the new edition. I've been playing again for the last year, and I love it all over again. I've always loved the Druchii for being flat-out awesome. We have the coolest fluff that ever fluffed a fluffer... Or something along those lines. I also have a modest bit of Chaos troops (the beginnings of an ill fated demon army of Slaanesh... at least there's still COS) and even some Ogres. The Druchii however, will forever and always be my favorites! Besides... I live for that moment of dawning realization, when a guy realizes that he was beaten by a girl.... who plays Dark Elves! (Pity I'm not all that good yet. :? )
Anyone looking for awesome art, here's the girl to see... her stuff is amazing!

http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/fuju ... index.html
Lois_griffin-must_die
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lois_griffin-must_die »

I'm Charlie.

I'm just 15...nothing else ¬.¬ . I'm around on the albion chat when I'm not at school, usually 5pm to 1am weekdays and most of the day depending on how hungover my friends are from the night before. I'm on the dnetchat when not banned :).

I like causing people pain and discomfort, although I don't play druchii due to a dislike of the models.

So hi.
Last edited by Lois_griffin-must_die on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

I'm genuinely confused here. Are you ripping the piss (badly) or are you just asking to be perma-banned?
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.