Who we are (Introduction thread).

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Khainesconscience
Slave on the Altar

Post by Khainesconscience »

hello my fellow-druchii,

my name is marc and i´m an 30 years old graphic designer from the southern wastes of germany.

my first contact with fantasy games was the dungeon boardgame heroquest. then i started to play roleplaying games, boardgames, warhammer fantasy and - my favorite game at the moment - mordheim.

additionally, i´m interested in music (alternative, punk, gothic, wave, singer/songwriter...), books, comics, typography, kendo, iaido, politics and movies.

the first time i heard from druchii.net, when the revision was started.
from time to time, i read some threads on this page.
now i registered, mainly, because i want to help to develop a better mordheim-druchii-list.

for now, i´m looking forward to an exciting time on druchii.net.

farewell. :)
Lordvapor
Slave on the Altar

Post by Lordvapor »

Hello, My name is Dennis, from Arizona, USA. Been playing the game for about 1.5 years. Main Army being Orcs for WHFB, and Orks for WH40K. Planing on getting into DE, Mortals of Chaos and Skaven, but not sure which one first.

P.S. I know this is my first post on the site, and I can't find the forum for noobs. So, I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place.
"For in Light there is secrets, and in Darkness there is truths"
Lord woulfe
Trainee Warrior
Location: kidnapping, killing, pillaging and plundering somewhere... probably

Post by Lord woulfe »

David a 16 year old living in Chicago, has played for 4 years, and makes army lists for fun, for every single army.

I play all chaos, LIzardmen, DE, OG, OK, TK, and HE all reasonably well
Lord Woulfe of the raiders of the lost black ark
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hi all druchii fans.

I'm Jérôme, from Brest, France.
44 yr old, working in the Navy, after a lot of travel in the world (over 50 countries visited).
4 children, 2 of them playing WH.

Interesting to see who you are, how old you are, in which country you live. Very diverse indeed, I wish that when this post is closed, someone summarized the statistics. Male-only?

Initially I was a role player in the 80's, but quitted in the mid 90's with a collection of minis that puzzeled my sons later.
In 2003 my nr2 started WH40K with a friend, so we started to play, my 3 sons and myself (seems to be mostly a male occupation). They took space marines and eldar, so I bacame the bad guy with dark eldar, which I selected for their mobility. In 2005 I introduced them to Fantasy world with Blood Bowl, which I knew since 1st ed but never played. Great success! Then they started WHB in 2006 and so we are playing in family, they have HE, Dwarves (shooty), Gobbos (shooty) and Bretonnians. I inherited a DE army from my brother in law and completed with Empire. I have to admit that I find DE very difficult to win with against heavy armoured armies (Dw & Br) or heavy shooting (Dw, Gob). ASF disgusted me to play against HE. Now, when I mean to win, I play Empire, when I agree to loose as the bad guy is supposed to, I take the druchii. Can't wait till August! I push my sons for a beautifully painted army with some role-playing fluff (giving names to heroes and sargents) with mixed success.

I Discovered druchii.net only recently. Compliment to most authors for the impressive quality of the topics. I found a lot of sound advice (and also some explanations for my losses, as I came to understand that my sons play a very competitive game and give me a difficult challenge).

I took the name Calisson for this website. It is my name as druchii general. All Frenchmen know that a calisson is a delicious sweet from Aix-en-Provence, southern France. In WH, the meaning is Son of Cali, knowing that Kali is the goddess of slaughter (among other more subltle things) in India, revered by my corsair army that settled there some time in the past, after a storm pushed them far away from Naggaroth. Now you understand the link with the Navy? Join us, its an extraordinary job!

EDIT: the new Army Book was very kind with my fluff.
It is in Ind that Lokhir found the metal used for the Red Blades. His ancestor Laithikir found the way to go there. It has been regularly raided since.
The rest of the story is not in the book:
A small colony of corsairs remained in Ind with the idea of establishing a trading post and in order to have a stronghold for incoming future corairs raids.
The colony flourished peacefully in its close environment, raiding only further away, and came to know more and more about the local civilization.
They quickly discovered that Cali, the local goddess of slaughter, was obviously an avatar of Hekarti (see DE AB p.59), the masteress of Dark Lore and destruction, many-faced and many-armed.
The local colony went well along with the followers of Cali, to the point of naming themselves the Sons of Cali in order to make themselves better integrated.
Now the colony is strong, they have a raiding army of their own, known as the Cali's Sons or Calissons to make it short.
Their general is The Calisson.
Their avatar is a Goddess with many arms and many weapons, bearing the bright colours of Ind.
end of EDIT.

Hi to everybody from a country I visited (most of you), looking forward to visit the few remaining countries (who I salute as well).

Go Druchii, the world is for us to explore and plunder!
Calisson (why still a corsair ? see: names are changing and the result What does everyone here actually do? and, finally, the explanationnames are changing)

EDIT: 1 year later, I'm still there :D !
Burrowed in a dugout below the medieval castle of Brest, France.
These are my achievements => 1 year already! It’s Calisson’s birthday
My army is listed there => Total models you own
and here lies the philosophy behind the army => Getting to know your army and general (new version)
My style of army: Calisson's analysed approach to a balanced corsair army
with a themed COB: Calisson's COB
and a battle report: Murphy was the umpire. 2k vs. Bretonnians (very long report)
Also, see my designs: Squiddy Smileys (the Squid's attitude) & Squiddy Druchii
Last edited by Calisson on Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:25 am, edited 10 times in total.
Theadmiral
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Theadmiral »

Hi, I'm Arthur. I'm fifteen years old and I'm from the (glorious) Netherlands. ;)

I've played Druchii for about five years now and I own three Druchii armies. One is the feared and now sadly illegal Cult of Slaanesh. I've also got a Karond Kar list featuring two Hydras, two Manticores and some Cold One Knights. The last was my first Dark Elf army and is contains a bit of everything really.
I'm currently in the process of building a Lustrian/Aztec undead list (Vampire/TK hybrid) and I'm very pleased with the results so far.

In my free time I listen to music a lot, particularly Trance. Just awesome. :D

Hope to meet ya all on the boards.
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

Hi, I'm Tim Lewis. I'm 15 and have been collecting Dark Elves for 1 year. I also collect Vampire Counts, Space Marines and Thousand Sons. I got into the hobby 5 years ago when my parents bought me Return of the King LOTR starter set for my birthday. I eventually got into 40k first after playing dawn of war on pc.

Then after my marines got a bit boring to use I went to find a fantasy army. I was locked between the three elven races as i'm obsessed with elite, shooty armies. I then saw the Dark Elves for what they were... Pure awesomeness!! :D . I've been putting the fear into dark elf shooting and combat against my opponents for 1 year and I am still enjoying myself even when things go wrong :roll: . Can't wait till August!! :D
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Valvet
Shade

Post by Valvet »

Hello to everybody
I have been reading the forum for quite a while now and finally i managed to register, so here goes:
My name is Valentin, i´m 18 years old and playing Druchii for something around 5 years by now. I have 4000 points fully painted and am currently waiting for August to increase those points a little. I live in the south of germany, near Basel.
Sharp, Valvet
Dreadlord taylindril
Dark Rider

Post by Dreadlord taylindril »

Hello, fellow Duchii.

My name is Philip Taylor; I live in Romford.
I'm 27 and have been playing, Dark Elves, and Warhammer for 12 years (much to meany a girlfriend's confustion and distress).
it is time for us to make war on the Asur; shed blood in khaine's name.
hail king malekith

dreadlord taylindril of hag graef
Blademaster
Slave on the Altar

Post by Blademaster »

hi im blademaster a 16 (very soon to be 17) student from scotland
as well as my xbox 360 addiction i have a vampire counts army plus a few chaos armies kicking around the house

i am starting a dark elf army soon but im going to hold out for the new army book and box set release until i do but i may aquire a few boxes of spearmen to get me started

the main reason i am here is to learn from the druchii masters before i set out on my hakseer cruise... dont worry ill try and remember your names when i rule the world of warhammer :lol:
know me and know fear
stand before me and know death
challenge me and know i shall posses your soul for all eternity
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

Hi I am Filip 13 years old(yep you read right) and live in Gothenburg, sweden.
have been playing dark elves for 3 years and have one fully painted 3000 p army and a 2000p We and ....another De army :twisted:
Thegame
Slave on the Altar

Post by Thegame »

Hi. Im Adam 28 from sunny Manchester

Im a Warhammer addict and own more models than anyone one man could possibly paint in one life time
Natzjiak
Trainee Warrior

Post by Natzjiak »

Well, first of all I’d like to say a big „HELLO!!!“ to this great community, for this is my first post here after skulking around the pages for a couple of months now.
Facing the upcoming release of a whole bunch of new and exciting stuff for the children of Khaine, I thought it was finally time to leave my hiding place and join in the merry and delightful slaughter that is about to come…

I am 39 years old and live in Essen, Germany, together with my wife and my 7-year-old son. Since more than twenty years now I’m into Warhammer (started with the 1st edition) – first with my O&G-army during the first two WH incarnations, but switched to Druchii with the release of 3rd ed.“Warhammer Armies”. Since then I’ve collected nearly 12.000 points of painted troops, but started a completely new Druchii army after the release of the awesome 6th edition models. This was mainly because they do not really fit together with the older editions’ models, but also because my painting skills were a little limited back when I was in school…
When not painting miniatures, I spend most of my free time behind the microphone as frontman of my band (Metal :twisted: )

Now I can’t wait to get my hands on the new army book and the great new models…and I’m quite happy of having discovered a site dedicated to people who truly share my gore-soaked dreams of world-domination!
Cheers!
Lord temnir
Executioner

Post by Lord temnir »

Hi everyone!

My name is Dominik and I'm from Vienna, Austria, 18 years old, just finished my exams school so I'll have to do the millitar thing that is compulsory here.
For some reason people at my GW store call me DwarF but I've decided to use here a more druchii-like name ;)

When I started with Whammer I have got TK but since 2 or 3 years I'm a druchii. I win with them tough I'm more handy at loosing ;) Though I play a lot I've never played against HE- seems to show what opinion people have about them here ;)
In 40k I play a rather small army of Space Marines and building a force of the IG. I will stop that project for the new druchii of course!

My other interests are in reading fantasy stuff, LARP, going on medeavil markets (which are quite common in the German-speaking lands) and listening to good music (doesn't to be metal but mainly is).

Greet's
Doom
Victory is messured by the blood spilled.
Deejayvee
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Deejayvee »

Hello fellow Druchii.

I'm a gamer from Australia getting into WHFB after many years of historical wargaming. I picked the Druchii because of the fluff and the fact they are elves but without the associated wussiness of the other two elf races. I'm looking forward to getting the new army book so I can complete my conquering army of druchii.

My interests are in history and fantasy - playing, reading and writing (I am keen to write some druchii based stuff in the near future). I also dm for a NWN2 persistant world.

Game on!
Coldeyes
Corsair

Post by Coldeyes »

Hello my name is Kevin Hetmanski from the real world Naggaroth in Vancouver, Canada.

Ive been collecting WHFB for 9 years and have just recently decided to join in on the game a couple months past and have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of our new kin next month so i can take the first steps on the path to blood and glory for Khaine!

My interests are WHFB lore, painting, and drawing. I hope to show you some of my work of our glorious race the Druchii!

Blood and death for Khaine! Riches and glory to the druchii!
Blood and souls for Khaine!
Darkwand
Shade

Post by Darkwand »

I am Ville Valjakka. Known as Meif on the shores of ulthuan...
Dethklok117
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Dethklok117 »

Hello my name is Alex, Im 18 years old. I am from The Chicagoland area and i am attending college in Wisconsin.

I have been Effectively playing Warhammer for 6 years. I have had to many armies to name :P. I am starting my Druchii army, it seems i have made the right choice with a fun set of rules and a whole community dedicated to the army :D.

Other than Warhammer I enjoy.
-Swimming
-DJing [Terrorcore]
-PC games [mainly FPS, i play these Competitively in leagues]
-Raving [hey its fun :P]
-Listening to Music

As far as this Community and my contribution. I am not good @ painting, not good @ drawing. Im good with Strategy, Lore, and some list composition.

Oh and sorry that i use so many smileys ^^. I like to :D
Cheers, Alex.
"Why So Serious?....Lets put a smile on that face. :D"-The Joker-
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

There is a complement thread to this one:
What does everyone here actually do?
Go and have a look!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Well may as well make a post so you can learn a bit more about the Heartrender:

i am Jason, 17 from England. should be going to college fairly soon to pursue a job in animal care. Living at home half the time and at my girlfriend Hannah half the time, should be moving out soon together though.

loves and plays druchii and maybe wants to play goblins after completed. Have been playing warhammer 8 years (yes, since i was 9) and almost always played dark elves throughout.

i run the monthly painting and modelling competition on the site, i want to get as invloved as possible with contributing to the site, espeically in the painting and modelling forums.

so thats me :)
Calibisto
Corsair

Post by Calibisto »

Hi to everybody.

My name is Wim, I'm a Electrical Engineer of 34 from Holland. I've been collecting a few DE miniatures for about 8 years, but so far never played a game. It seemed to me it was about time I started playing with them :mrgreen:
Sanity is highly overrated.
The_vicar
Beastmaster

Post by The_vicar »

Hoy Hoy, Im rob, i lve in bath and oxford, i'm training to be a stonemason in good old bath, i'm 25 and have enjoyed a love hate relationship with workshop for almost 15 years, uhh i love music and motorbikes and spag bol.
Stand and deliver sir!, lest I cleft your head in twain....
Arhain cynath
Shade

Post by Arhain cynath »

Hi all!

My name's is JB, like the whisky ;)

I'm from France and I play Warhammer Battle since 2004 and I play Warhammer 40,000 since the 3rd edition.

I chose to play the Druchii because of the models and the fact they are sufficient to themselves. They are strong, show their force and at the same time they use their saddistic mind to backstab you whenever they can.

Thanks GW for this new army book, I never stopped playing my Druchii and now I will have my revenge versus some opponents.

Glory to Malekith and Khaine!
My body is dedicated to our King, but my weapon and hatred are dedicated to Khaine!!
- Arhain Cynath, the Red Dragon of Har Ganeth
Lord_azoth
Highborn

Post by Lord_azoth »

Hi all, Alberto Parrilla from Spain, Madrid.

Too many years reading this forum and never posting ..things are changing ;)
Maeth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Maeth »

Hello to the community, I'm Dan and I'm from Wales in the UK.
I've been playing Warhammer for about 10 years, mostly 40K, picked up my DEs again and hoping to win a battle by the end of the year ;)
Hopefully joining the RAF in a few months but I've been trying to get a part-time job in the Cardiff GW until then. Hobbies i enjoy are (obviously) Warhammer, Gaming, Rugby, NFL, Music and Flying. I recently was awarded wings to fly gliders solo and am working getting a lesser pilot's liscence.
Other than that theres not much to say!
Pain is temprorary, Pride is forever
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

Hi as my forum nick suggests my name is Arthur. I'm 1.2.3.4.5.... 28.
- I'm from Poland/Canada currently living in Poland,
- Have my own business (Translation agency),
- I' a happy owner of a hobby store.
- I've been int the hobby for longer than I wish to remember, but playing the DE from the first time the new miniatures were released in 6ed. I also have a huge Lizzi force.

Nice to meet the people behind their nicks.
Also known as Kanadian