Who we are (Introduction thread).

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ems
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ems »

Hello, my name is Emma and i've been playing for 7 years.
I share my life with James/Silas, which includes our armies so...
The girl with the witch elf costume!

Scourge of ulthuan
Dark Rider

Post by Scourge of ulthuan »

Im Sean, and im Scottish. I'm from Glasgow and I've got about 2.5k dark elves, 2k imperial fists, 2k imperial guard, 2.5k empire and i'm not proud of this, but I've also got about 3k worth of skaven shooty army of death(boo hiss!). I also have countless mordheim and necromunda gangs, and loads of Blood Bowl teams. I've been playing for about 7 years.
Last edited by Scourge of ulthuan on Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heretichellspawnholocaust
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Heretichellspawnholocaust »

I'm Marcin from Poland (Upper Silesia to be honest)
Now I'm 21 and in this hobby since 1996 (with a long break in WFB between 1999 and 2004). I own about 2k KoS for W40k (before that I had 3K Space Wolves), 2k Ogres (now they belong to my sister) and 1,5K Dark Elves (played VC before).
I'm a musician, a tatoo/piercing studio co-owner and a Biotechnology student at Silesian Uni.
Alana
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Alana »

I'm Heather Hanson from South Central, MA. I've only just begun my time here in the WH world. I was dieing to start a DE army from myself, but never got around to it, due to money (I'm obessed with tattoos. Most of my money goes to that) 2 weeks ago my boyfriend bought me my first boxed warrior set. I can't wait to get started on them.
Rot for me, My darling, Rot for me!!!!!
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

Heyas, I'm Jukka and I live in Finland. Currently 19 years old. Originally thought I was a lot younger than some people, like Nags, who I originally though was 2 or 3 years older :P But anyway, I started with the hobby something like 8-10 years ago, not exactly sure, but started with 40k. Then after about 2 years started Fantasy and now 40k is a bit on the side, with the main focus on FB. I collect Dark Elves (no kidding?), Vampire Counts and just started Lizardmen for the Lustria campaign. As for 40k, I've got Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves 13th Great Company, Chaos Space Marines and a Daemonhunters army in building... The combined points cost of the armies propably would be around 20,000-30,000 points. Not exactly sure :P

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

I'm Ilokir... that name should send a shiver down your spine... In ordinary life people call me Pieter. I am 23 and I'm playing warhammer for 2 years now. I'm student history and while I was looking for a course on strategy, I found WFB the best course there was out there ;) We started playing with a few friends, but for me DE are the one and only: as these armies go, DE was the most difficult and rewarding army to play with. For me, this was a true challenge. I follow a course on strategy now, and I am surprised how easy it is for me to follow the moves on the blackboard.
As daily life goes, I practice Karate and I'm intending to do Kendo when I will be graduated.
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Vellvetshadow
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vellvetshadow »

my name edmond i am student in ireland im interested in art
i have a small themed dark elf army
Your originality is your indevitualty.

Cast Him from the throne

Welcome to the Calm
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Funny - I could've sworn I'd posted in here before. Might as well do it now, I guess, what with me being a Regular and all (must've been another one of those posts that were swallowed by the notloggedin disease or the backspace syndrome).
Alexander A. Norris, 17, going on 18 this year. Resident of Bois-le-Roi, which is close to Fontainebleau, which is in the south of Seine-et-Marne, which runs the entire East of Paris. French national by right of soil (being born here) and British and Canadian by right of birth (those being my parents' nationalities). Speaks Frenglish, though fluent in both French and English (;)).
Probably the newbiest Regular around, as I still haven't played a single WFB game in my entire life. My entire Druchii army is about five hundred points total (and Silas offered to paint it for me if I payed for the postage! w00t!), and I've only been in the hobby for about a year now (heh, time flies fast).
Of course, by hobby I mean WFB. I've been in the Hobby for somewhere between three and four years, now, having started with Tau (and still stuck at 1k points. :lol: Well, okay, I sold half my army to go from static to MechTau) some time ago.
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Patrizzo
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Patrizzo »

Patrik Svensson, Malmö, Sweden ... been playing Druchii (and WHFB) since -96 or so ...

//Patrizzo
Pulchritudo in oculis spectatore est ...
The highlander
Warrior

Post by The highlander »

Alan Munro, I come from Inverness, Highlands, Scotland (thats in the UK for anyone that dosn't know). I have been playing warhammer for about 8 years, but have had a DE army less than a year. I am a college studying for a Control Systems Design exam on Friday.
May the Gods show mercy on the fool that stands before me, for I shall not.
Drowpower
Slave on the Altar

old skool new lease of life

Post by Drowpower »

My name is Ian from the UK but currently living in Chile (lifes funny that way) , married and with a wee boy called Ben and another due any day now and having just read this thread feel awfully crusty. I started playing warhammer, d&d, runequest, merp, call of cthulu, paranoia and various other tabletop games when i was 11. I am now 34...........

I sort of left off playing Warhammer around 1990. i used to play dark elves as i had a rival who always played High elves. I spent all my money on figures from gw, grenadier and ral partha. Unfortunately i have hardly anything left from those days. I'm back in the saddle now though and busy painting up my Druchii as i've found a welshman in Santiago who has lots of orcs and chaos that need a good drubbing!
Mirz do ordas
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mirz do ordas »

ah well, lets contribute as well..

My name is Harro Koskamp, I live in Deventer, the Netherlands, I am 32 years old, playing WH since at about 3 years, Dark elves only, thou I expect to start an all gobbo force soon.
When my opponent agrees on a rule, I must have been wrong
Jaycee
Assassin

Post by Jaycee »

Hello fellow Druchiies..

My name is Jens(Jay) Christian(Cee). I live in Copenhagen in Denmark. I am 16 years old and have been playing since 5th edition (cant remember which year). I first started collecting lizzies though it never really turned into an army. When 6th edition druchii came out I started them. I am thinking about going back to lizzardmen someday.
Oldone
Dark Rider

Post by Oldone »

Paul, from Carlisle (which is not in Scotland) and quite surprised to find I'm not (quite) the oldest here. Started wargaming thirty-something years ago, went through spells of WRG Ancients, D&D, Runequest, had a big break and got drawn into WHFB by getting my (now) ten-year old son the starter set a couple of years ago. He's now into orcs, his little sister is worryingly keen on VC (Lahmians of course) and they decided that I needed my own figures so got me started with DE. Slowly building an army as funds permit.
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

Hmm, seems like ANSOB, I too missed this post.

My name is Jordan Cameron, and I live just outside of Orangeville, Ontario in a little town called Alton. I'm 18 yrs old as of Jan.

I've been playing the hobby for roughly 8 years in August, although I neer really started to do anything but lose until two years ago when I started playing Dark Elves.
I play most GW games, with a load of armies:
Brets (something around 6-7k)
Empire (3k+ easily)
Chaos (250 if I stretch it)
Woodies (500pts)
DoW (starting)
Dark Elves (3k)

Space Wolves (2k)
Space Marines (1k)
D Eldar (1.5k)
Eldar (2.5k with friend -combined army)
Imp Guard (3k combined army with friend)
Nids (3k for sale)

Mordhiem: Witch Hunter, Possessed
Warmaster: High Elves
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Hey,

I'm Fr0 online, and known as Fr0 to almost all. I live in a craphole about 3 hours from Toronto, Ontario with 45,000 other shmucks. :P
I'm starting back into WH after almost a 3 year break.

Fr0
Gijoe
Dark Rider

Post by Gijoe »

Hello, My name is Justin Joe, I am 32, and I am addicted to Wargaming. This sounds like an AA confessional! Like Malevion I come from the ends of the earth by way of Auckland, New Zealand.

I've been addicted to the rolling of dice, the fumes of glue, peeling PVA from my fingers, slashing my flesh with Xacto blades, building calluses from opening too many paint pots, cackling madly into the wee hours of the night over army lists, reading every WD over and over until the covers fall off, carting cases of scenery and other gaming paraphenalia across vast distances of countryside, bemoaning the lack of sucess of a newly painted unit, conferring with other veteran gamers about the pros and cons of Rogue Trader rules and the connection of the 40K slann to the WFB slann, gnashing the teeth when paying out the increase of GW prices ( "I remember when you could buy an army for the cost of a regiment box!" ) ... you know the usual rants and raves.

yes, I am a gamer ...

I have been addicted to this hobby ever since I was a wee lad making rules for those plastic soldiers you could buy in the supermarkets, when marines were released in the classic RTOB01 configuration ( affectionately known as "wombles" ). I can identify with the glorious "red" period of GW ( red being my favourite colour! ) and I can appreciate all the sentiments and comments my fellow addicts and denizens here...

Keep contributing, keep playing and keep checking the back of the couch for spare change to buy that blister!

Justin
The death wail of our hated kin is music to my ears, the strife and misery we inflict is our purpose of. All hail Malekith!
Lyhne
The Dane

Post by Lyhne »

Morten P. From Denmark, but all my friends just call me Lyhne..

Been Playing war hammer for a year or so.
Collecting: Dwarves, Vampires (just started) and DE (almost started)
+++Team Mulligans +++
Rorkie wrote:
Rork edit: Caps hurt my eyes. Don't hurt my eyes. If you do, I will hurt your soul.
Shinobi
Beastmaster

Post by Shinobi »

Am I answered to this topic? Duh, never mind. I'm Jesse, 15, play samurai's and DE and Chaos, and draw/paint.
Nozomeru Hei, tatakau mono, kaijin wo hari, retsu wo tukutte, mae ni ari

"Confronting Soldiers, Ones that battle, everybody making a formation, making
a row, and is present in front".
The Mighty Chat wrote:Ignorance is a virtue
Nechra
Nightbringer

Post by Nechra »

Jhaelrnya wrote:My name is Jordan Cameron, and I live just outside of Orangeville, Ontario in a little town called Alton. I'm 18 yrs old as of Jan.

You young wipper snapper you! I turned 18 in september. I live in Essex in ol' blighty. I've been playing for 7 years now, jesus didn't realise it had been so long. I've played CSM for all 7 years and started playing whfb with the new edition, I've been known to field chaos, dark elf and empire armies.

A rolling sausage gathers no gravy
Alith anar
Shadowking

Post by Alith anar »

Reiner Kiis of Aalborg, Denmark. I've got High Elves, Dark Elves and Skaven as well as a bit of Eldar, although I never really got hooked on the 40K game (that doesen't stop the minis from being excellent).
Regards, A.A.

"Epic Krueger the Mousefrightened was a trap, to see whether we'd generalize. Lose faith. Whine. Die inside.

And when the light seemed darkest... we get the visual equivalent of the opening lick from Thunderstruck."
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

Iain McLaren of the lovely city of Coventry, aged 24, been collecting for about 12 years although not played or bought anything for a while, the joys of moving, getting married (in Jamaica next year).
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Neanderthal05
Executioner

Post by Neanderthal05 »

Hello my name is Kaleb from Winsted, Connecticut(U.S.A.) I own about 1000pt of dar'kelves right now and have been in the Hobby for almost a month and a half.
Well, at least all of your arm waving and arcane babbling was impressive.
Auric stormcloud
The Black Serpent

Post by Auric stormcloud »

Koooooooonban wa. I'm Chris, from Maryland in the USA. I'm 15. Err... I've been playing for about 3 and a half years, and really only play Dark Elves. Usually Cult of Slaanesh. But I have High Elves (unpainted), and enough Chaos for a 2,000 pt. army. Oh, and some Eldar. And I may do a Witchhunters army.
Poo-tee-weet?
Vorthain
Noble

Post by Vorthain »

My name is Bobby Kallal, and I live in Maryland in the USA as well. I have 2500 pts of Dark Elves, 1000 pts of Undead, 2500 pts of Tyranids, 2000 pts of Chaos Space Marines, 2000 pts of Tau, and a 2 man Inquisitor warband. I've been involved with Games Workshop for about 8 years and I'll be 18 in two months.

Auric, you're in Baltimore, right?
a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn