Middenheim/Middenland Theme

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dekhalan
Highborn

Middenheim/Middenland Theme

Post by Dekhalan »

I have decided to start an Empire force (See my other post) It will be Middenheim and/or Middenland. I really could use some help with how to theme my army - what characters, what units, what magic items ect. Both the suggestions below are thanks to Shallow and I was wonder if he or anyone else could help me some more with this theme. Thanks guys :D.

So far I have...

1. Include a beefy unit of Knights of the White Wolf (Can I only have one?)

2. Use the Greatswords represent the Tuetogen guard. (Can I get some fluff on this ? Quote if I'm lucky ? ;))
...And so it came to pass that the foul elf known as DEKHALAN CHILLWIND invaded our fair shores. This fiend began a campaign of killings, rapings, lootings, enslavings and burnings, sparing neither age nor sex...
Chronicle of Walter of Lyonesse
Just Me

Post by Just Me »

I collect Empire and paint my troops as Middenheim theme. I use Skull White and Lightning Blue on my troops uniforms. (I didn't like the Enchanted Blue color) Also, I like Knightly orders more than White Wolves since they are cheaper and have better armour save. They have the same strenght at charge as white wolves and the knights are there to charge. I have created a new order of Knights: The Knights of Silver Lake.
I have used Skull White and Lightning Blue on Feathers and Lightning Blue for lances and a little on barding. I also have a lot of chainmail in their armour. I also painted white horses for them since it fits perfectly with the blue and silver.
M'tarl thornblood
Warrior

Re: Middenheim/Middenland Theme

Post by M'tarl thornblood »

Dekhalan wrote:I really could use some help with how to theme my army - what characters, what units, what magic items ect.

check your pm box
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

you can only have one white wolf regiment sowwy
M'tarl thornblood
Warrior

Linda wrote:you can only have one white wolf regiment sowwy

yes you are correct, but technically he can have 1 reg of white wolves AND 1 regiment of inner circle white wolves in the same army (never tried it myself, i always take 1 reg of Knights Panther and 1 reg of IC White Wolves whenever i play 2k battles)
M'tarl thornblood
Warrior

also theres a really cool site by a guy named Eric (goes by the handle "Brand the Unruly" on some of the ezboard forums), that has really good pics of his empire army (Middenland Exiles, not to be confused with Middenheim, they are two different electorates in the empire, run by two different elector counts), it also has really good tactics, fluff, downloadable banners, and battle reports

http://members.shaw.ca/clannimmo/Warhammer/Empire.html

hope that helps :mrgreen:
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

Awesome stuff, esp. M'tarl Thornblood :)