Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
New race for Warhammer Fantasy 
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

I heard a rumour today that GW are planning to launch a new race next year. Not human. Anyone else heard this?

Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:02 am
The Black Serpent

Nope, haven’t heard anything about a new race for Warhammer, though we can always dream. I’ve wanted there to be some army that has to do with the sea, like Fishmen or something, or an army of Dragons.

Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

next year?? haven't heard a peep of that. and i find it odd since their timetable doesn't allow for it. not the one they have shown us anyway

Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:40 am
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

I've heard rumours about a new race but I didn't think they were true or that it would be next year. Don't they already have enough work to do? I think they have enough. They introduce both Khemri (parts did exist but they really made the divide) and the albion stuff already. Lizardmen aren't that old either. The only plausible rumour I heard was that GW was going to get more undead involved under Nagash as well as those vampires from Lustria and that was supposed to be sometime about a year (2004ish) from now (again, all rumour). I've also heard rumours about Kislevite armies (very possible since they had their own lore last ed.) and an army from Cathay. Can't see where they'd get a new non-human race from though. All the good parts of the world are taken. :D

Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:08 am
Profile WWW
Slave (off the Altar)

I think I know where this came from. On the GW wbsite is the Alessio Vampire Counts chat. One of the questions was "Are there plans for a new race?" Alessio's answer was along the lines of "When we've done the Chaos Dwarves, then we'll think about it."

Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:23 pm
Profile YIM
Shadowking

"When we've done the Chaos Dwarves, then we'll think about it."

If that is the standard, than I dare not think about what they'll come up with next...

"Epic Krueger the Mousefrightened was a trap, to see whether we'd generalize. Lose faith. Whine. Die inside.

And when the light seemed darkest... we get the visual equivalent of the opening lick from Thunderstruck."

Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:45 pm
Hunter Of The Night

I heard somewhere on the GW boards it was going to be Kislev, but I'm not sure. It would probably fit into Archaons new Chaos invasion.

Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:13 pm
Assassin

Yes I heard this rumor from well informed source. It will be somethink new other race than any known now, but first lizards and wood elves. I hope they will make Kislevits i want to have quite "Polish "army in WFB

Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:41 pm
Profile ICQ
Malekith's Best Friend

yep, I also heard something about an army from Kislev.
And I'm also still waiting for the sixth bloodline :(

Bye
Lord Thalack

Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:07 am
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

This rumour came right out of a GW management meeting, not off the GW boards. I had heard about the Kislevite rumour and assumed this to be the case but apperently not so.

I also asked how they were going to fit it in only to be stonewalled there. I'll keep plugging away.

Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:26 pm
Rending Star
Rending Star

There will definitely be a Kislev army book from what I've heard.

Next year, there will be Beastmen, Lizardmen and then Kislevites.

The following year, I suppose they will then head on with Bretonnians, Wood Elves and Chaos Dwarfs.

The year thereafter... 7th edition? ;)

Bye
Thanee

Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:32 pm
Highborn

I hope the new race is not the 'Hobgoblin Empire of the Steppes'

Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:02 pm
Noble

I think the new army will be Kislev, since it was stated by GW management, due to the "summer of Chaos" that is to come this year, both for 40K and for FB.

With regards to new races, and non-human, I think (don't jump on me, please :)) that some chaos Dwarfs war machines may be pouring out to make it into the summer of Chaos camapign, and someone may have taken it for a new army.

I also thought that after Khemri, there was going to be Lizardmen, Bretonnians, then Wood Elves, and lately (maybe at start of next year) the Chaos Dwarf army list.

Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:12 pm
I dont know if they are making a new race. But if they do I would hope that it's HALFLINGS!

Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:14 pm
Hunter Of The Night

I think if they do any new armies it will be after all the original ones have been done. Ohterwise there will be hundreds of Wodd Elf and Brettonian players who will be outraged that they have to wait even lnger for their book.

Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:59 pm
Malekith's Best Friend

Location: Supporting for Kim Clijsters, world's best tennisplayster
and an army from Cathay.

My friend also made an Cathay list and he's so damn proud on it.
But sjeez, he had made a shabby storie about elf wars and now he came up with an army that combines the skills and weaponry of the elves and the pointcost and warmachines of men.
They r just super-human men.
He' so proud on it and he keeps bragging over it.
And he also has the repeater crossbow, but when we told him it is a -1 to hit with multiple shots, he gave some units repeaters and some longbows ( same costs )
So everytime we say that something in his armylistis weak ( evrey armylist has weak spots, maybe not Empire ) he changes it.

He finds it so cool, he wants to go to the GW with it.
Anyways, I hope they bring the Cathay army out, so he can see how extremely shitty and unbalanced his army is.

P.S. He always wants to play with his Cathay and wins ( why duh, overpowering ) and now he thinks he's the best general ever.
In the beginning we defeated him but then he 'tweaked' his entire armylist so it would be irrational.
So now he has a shitty army and thinks he's the best

Can someone of you tell me what the slowest way to let someone die r (just to prove my right) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

on the second of februari

The release of Halo 2

Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:22 pm
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

happyslave: well let him listen to Hanson for a few seconds. should make him see the error of his ways

Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:34 pm
Malekith's Best Friend

Location: Supporting for Kim Clijsters, world's best tennisplayster
happyslave: well let him listen to Hanson for a few seconds. should make him see the error of his ways

Hanson? those dudes with their (relatively) long hair?
No way! He admires them! He also has very long hair (never wants to camb it BTW), so I don't think that would be a very suitable punishment.

I already thought about stabbing him in the back while he's asleep ( :twisted: :twisted: ), but that won't work because he has a large meany (indeed, long-hairy) dog that sleeps with him :x

Nononono, not that "sleeping with", he justs sleeps into the same room!

Have fun,
Happyslave :D

on the second of februari

The release of Halo 2

Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:58 pm
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

arghhh!!! the anti christ walks the earth!!

why do you hang around someone liek that??? FLEE!!!! leg it!!

Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:12 pm
Elf on the Altar with the Axe

You could rip his heart out the Aztec way so he'd be alive (for a few seconds) seeing his own heart in your hands :)

Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:02 am
Slave (off the Altar)

You could rip his heart out the Aztec way so he'd be alive (for a few seconds) seeing his own heart in your hands

I'd rather do that with 99.9% of HE players. Now that would be good. :twisted:

Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:29 pm
Profile YIM
Cold One Knight

Well, they have some material to work on, like Cathai, tha Caos dwarves, altough i don't like them..... :roll:

But the kislevites.... sound good for me :D

Bye

Kragg

Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:07 pm
Master of the Shadows

Vorchild wrote:
and an army from Cathay.

My friend also made an Cathay list and he's so damn proud on it.
But sjeez, he had made a shabby storie about elf wars and now he came up with an army that combines the skills and weaponry of the elves and the pointcost and warmachines of men.
They r just super-human men.
He' so proud on it and he keeps bragging over it.
And he also has the repeater crossbow, but when we told him it is a -1 to hit with multiple shots, he gave some units repeaters and some longbows ( same costs )
So everytime we say that something in his armylistis weak ( evrey armylist has weak spots, maybe not Empire ) he changes it.

He finds it so cool, he wants to go to the GW with it.
Anyways, I hope they bring the Cathay army out, so he can see how extremely shitty and unbalanced his army is.

P.S. He always wants to play with his Cathay and wins ( why duh, overpowering ) and now he thinks he's the best general ever.
In the beginning we defeated him but then he 'tweaked' his entire armylist so it would be irrational.
So now he has a shitty army and thinks he's the best

Can someone of you tell me what the slowest way to let someone die r (just to prove my right) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Create something called 'the updated version of the druchii' and have it so they have no weakness - when he says that it's no fair point to his Cathay army and start laughing.

Edit: Just so you know - that was a joke :D.

Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:31 pm
Master Assassin

no...i think you shold try that and see how much he moans :twisted: :twisted:

Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:54 pm
Black Guard

Location: Dirty dozen H.Q, robbing women underwear, 2nd door to your right
I WANT CATHAY AND NIPPON !!!!

Same here. And they're not much work to put in, since they have rules in the 3rd edition of WFB (I have them, so if you want to see them, just let me know about it).
Oh, by the way, Kislev is the new army. Gav talks about it in the last WD.

Member of the dirty dozen (who in fact are 13)

Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next