To HappySlave on Halo/ + any other Halo fans

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

To HappySlave on Halo/ + any other Halo fans

Post by Powerfulfawn »

About that Halo thing:
sometimes the reactors don't wanna blow, but thats what that massive armoury is for ;) +
your right about the sentinels, but keep at it and the reactor should eventually blow. I love Halo and have managed to complete the whole game on Legendary (without the help of a walkthrough or cheats or anything like that :D ). Me and my friends play mini Halo tournaments and i'm currently crowned the 'Halo King' 8) .

I reckoned that the hardest level was either 'The Truth and Reconciliation', or 'Two Betrayels'. what do you guys think about it.

When the microsoft Xbox online thing arrives we could have a Druchii.net Halo tournament for all of our Halo players :D .
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

When the microsoft Xbox online thing arrives we could have a Druchii.net Halo tournament for all of our Halo players .

I'll be there ! 8)
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Supporting for Kim Clijsters, world's best tennisplayster

Post by Lord happyslave »

Thnx for the tip, I've completed the game by now.
In heroic that is, and together with my brother (in Co-op!)
The hardest level is -according to me-The two Betrayals (Where's that title good for anyway? I tought there was only one betrayal, that one of the Monitor :? ), because it's very very long.
Eventually every mission (but esrecially this one) becomes a struggle to not to wast too much ammo.
We're always short on ammo (except on the first mission that is!).

We've tried to complete the two first levels in legenadry, but we got our as$ whipped. We weren't able to save a single Marine of the first group and it soon became a struggle for us to survive, instead of saving those poor marines...

If the Xbox goes online in Belgium, we'll be there! 8)

BTW, does anybody here also wants to buy DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball?

Hazppy holidays, everyone!
Happyslave :D
Last edited by Lord happyslave on Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salvation will arrive

on the second of februari

The release of Halo 2
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: To HappySlave on Halo/ + any other Halo fans

PowerfulFawn wrote:
I reckoned that the hardest level was 'The Truth and Reconciliation',

Well, that mission is very tough, but it should go quite well when you have your sniperrifle.
If you lose it, you're dead.
that is easy to say for me, I play co-op and so we have twice the sniperbullets.
The only really hard thing is that you have to conquer the two rooms were they r shooting at you from above and burst in the room.
Now, I can really see that that is very hard on your own in legendary.
I bet I'll go down in 2 secs when playing against you.

Anyways, I want to ask you what you find the hardest enemy?
My most infavourite one is the golden elite with a plasma sword, even in co-op we die.
And oh yeah, can you give some advice to finsish missions witout being on low ammo and without health
We always go gunblazing style ( I mean, we're with 2 and we're really 8) )

And a advice for a cool scene.
In the first mission, when you slap that elite in the back (instant kill) then the ship starts moving and the marines say " What' that? Did something just hit us?"
Then the door will blow up and the two guards get killed.
NOW you have to walk straight in front of the door and you start blasting untill you're out of ammo.
Then you nicely reload and smoke everyone still alive.
Pretty cool, certainly in co-op, those grunts will fly all the way down

And oh yeah, I know a three gun cheat, if you wonna know it just quote, because it's fairly long to say but simple to do ( only works in the first mission)
Salvation will arrive

The release of Halo 2
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to complete it on Legendary.
But now i've done it, it's a lot easier the second time round. On Halo (the level) i've never managed to save any from the first group of marines either :cry: .
When the last 2 or 3 dropships arrive run off towards the entrance to the big cave thing and stand on the ridge, facing back towards the structure, where all the covenant (about 6 elites) will be hangin around by the tree line. Use needlers and pistol + loads of grenades and you should be able to take out without too much trouble. ;)
I don't really mind about having two guns cause you can always swap them for some thing, something i would like would be 8 grenades of any type, for the levels where all the grenades are plasma but you only carry 4 even though there aren't any frag ones.
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

I have completed Halo on Legendry with my best friend on cooprative.

It is a real struggle on single player though...
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

It did it on single player cause i still don't have another controller :cry:
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend

Dekhalan wrote:I have completed Halo on Legendry with my best friend on cooprative.

So you have also finished the library in legendary.
Wow, hail to you, kings...
Even in co-op it is haaaaaaaaaaaard.
You have a place where you have to wait untill the monitor returns ( the third time, I think ) and then there'll come loads of Flood from tubes in the walls.
How the heck did you guys survived that? :shock:
Bravo, my compliments
Salvation will arrive

The release of Halo 2
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend

PowerfulFawn wrote:It did it on single player cause i still don't have another controller :cry:

WOOOOW, hail to the king ( bow,bow,bow )
TYou finished the library and two betrayals in LEGENDARY.
WOOW, are you god? (just kidding)
And just ask an extra controller from Sant, he'll give you one, because in co-op, it's so much more fun.
Really

( LEGENDARY, SINGLE, WOOOOOW :shock: )
Salvation will arrive

The release of Halo 2
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

Yeh that bit on Library is very hard. I can't quite remember but i think the best way to do it is to hide around the corner with loads of shotgun ammo and blast the hell out of anything that comes near you. You'll die a lot but eventually you'll do it ;) .
I've played co-op with my friend on his x-box and your right it's really fun. Something we like to do is the 'lawnmower' tactic. We both have assault rifles (on the flood levels) and when a big swarm of flood approaches we start firing but slightly staggered, so when he reloads i'm still firing e.t.c It's not the most effective tactic but it's very enjoyable to watch the flood run into a non stop hail of bullets about 5 metres in front of you :twisted: . The only problem is when you run out of ammo :shock: , your then a bit screwed, but the best way to deal with this is to take it in turns (keeping up the hail of bullets) to run out to the heap of bodies in front of you and collect some ammo, there's bound to be some.
Also you can have one person with assault rifle and the other with shotgun. Bit like a combi-weapon type idea ;) . There's loads of possibilities.
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend

You see, we actually don't have a tactic.
We DO hide behind that wall, but then we stand next to each other and toss all our frag's.
Many kills then, and then one puts himself in the front an done in the back.
And thren we start shoooting, the point is that only one has to survive, so the one in the back ( that's me :lol: ) stays alive when all the flood r killed ( once out of ten times :roll: ).
We just take shotguns and start blasting, the only drawback is reloading so you want shoot many flood because they're damn quicqly on your ass.0
That's where multiplayer is good for.

And oh yeah, if you need a good walktrough to find ammo and secrets and lame jokes, go to www.gamefaqs.com
You then click on xbox and then on halo.
You will then find three walktroughs and one is really good ( the longest oine )

Have some fun
Oh, yes, do you play Halo again when you've played it out on Legendary?
Salvation will arrive

The release of Halo 2
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

Yeh i play it again cause there's loads more stuff you can get out of it. There are many little subtle things hidden in the game that you can find. And when you play a level like Halo again you can see how marines you can save.

+ When you complete the game on legendary you get a special bonus ending...
But i wont tell you what it is, it would spoil the fun 8)
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend

PowerfulFawn,
Oh, and I have a truc for you in the mission Halo.
When you're tuffing around in your warthog you should eventually see a crashed escape pod with no people around ( just before the place where the marines hide in some sort of underground house )
You go to there and you can replenish your ammo AND , you'll find A SNIPERRIFLE
Very handy.
And something else.
In the last mission where you have to race awayh in your warthog, is there less time in legendary ( sjweeez, legendary ) because we can barely complete it.
AND SAY THE SPECIAL ENDING, we'll probarly never see it, so PLZ tell it!!!!!! !conf!
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

Thanks.

Are you sure you want to know what the special ending is?
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend

PowerfulFawn wrote:Thanks.

Are you sure you want to know what the special ending is?

Wauw,duh!!
We really suck at that last mission, it took us 2 and a half hour to finish it on normal ( aaargh, shame on me ).
SO PLEEEEASE tell me, I said you where you could find a sniperrifle, so as a reward or something?
Pleeeeease?
And , another thing.
If your marines live long ( like in the truth and reconsiliation, only one died there ( in the canyon with the gravity lift, wow, those marines engage 2 jackals and 3 grunts on their own, without taking cover !! ) you must zoom in on them, they'll have lot's if scars.
And when they live longer, they'll fight an d react better, and become more grumpy.
IOn the beginning they say : Yeah come on, we did it, kill them all!!
And at the end they say, one down, five billion to go, with a low, rasping voice
funny, I think :roll:

Oh yeah, the 'core' of my message

WOUDYA PLZ GIMME THE SPECIAL ENDING ?????

Thx ;)
Salvation will arrive

The release of Halo 2
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Well I just got my hands on about £170 for Christmas (Barely any presants though :() and I'm planning on getting my hands on an Xbox as well as Halo and maybe Splinter Cell.

When the microsoft Xbox online thing arrives we could have a Druchii.net Halo tournament for all of our Halo players .

Well, if I do get it I'll be there :D.
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

Right here it is:

It's basically a short cut-scene after MasterChief runs into the Longsword fighter and just before you see Halo blowing up.

There is 1 marine, (the black seargent guy), and a blue-silver elite. They are on am open plain with the crashed Pillar of Autumn in the background, and there are some dead marines and covenant around them. They are both holding onto the same assault rifle and trying to restle it free. Bit like a tug-of-war / arm restle type thing. The marine is saying stuff like: 'come here,' 'give me that.'

While they're restling the Pillar of Autumn begins to explode and they both let go of the rifle. The marine says, 'looks like this is it buddy... hold me,' and the elite gives the marine a big hug :cry: . And then the screen goes all white.

Well thats it. The only problem is it's a bit short, but hey it's worth it and only a few 'chosen ones' are privaledged to see it 8) . But hey, your get there sooner or later ;) , when I started the game on legendary for the first time i thought it was immpossible, and was still kickin all my friends asses :mrgreen: .
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend

Allright PowerfullFawn, I have just one little question for you
When you're riding away with your warthog, you have to go trough a big corridor for about three times I guess.
Well , I have a problem, Just after the first loading...done..., what the fu**ck do you have to do???
You r in a hall and ther's a gap in the floor where you have to ride in, I presume, cause it's the only way out
But it goes BACKWARDS
What the fu*k???
What the hell do I have to do now????
And is it yet long after the first loading done?
PLZZZZZZ tell no, because, we suuuuuuuuck.

You said, if Halo goes online, but Halo doesn't support Xbox live, I tought, so we can forget that
bwfrrrrrr :cry: :cry: :cry:
Salvation will arrive

The release of Halo 2
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

Sorry i meant Halo 2.
I'm not sure where you mean.
You leave the Warthog bay and turn left through the little skirmish there and up the hill to the first room. In the first room you go down the middle until you get to the second one where you also go down the middle but you'll have to weave in and out of the pillars a bit. Then you get to a third room where you turn right and follow a narrow path round the right-hand side of the room then your get to where Echo 419 is supposed to be picking you up, carry straight on cause she gets shot down, until you reach a massive hole in the floor. You need 4 bars of health or more to survive the drop. Once youve done that bit you'll be in a tunnel where you have to make a jump up ahead. Reverse a bit and power forward to make the jump. You'll then reach a point where it opens out into a massive hangar like thing. Jump of the wharthog and you'll see that there is a sort of path defined by large boxes/crates, but they have gaps in between them. You'll die or run out of time if you follow the path so go to the left of it and follow it along till you reach the longsword.

Hope that helped. I did it from memory so a few things may be wrong but thats how i do it ;) .
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend

PowerfulFawn
You rock, you really do
By the way, do you know when Halo2 will be released?
They say it isn't that good because the 'creators' coulnd't do what they want because the publishers demended more of the same, so a lot of programmers have left Bungie
I don't know what it will bring
I actually don't care, because if it is more of the same with beautifull graohics, it will be an immediate buy (or how do you say that in English?)

Thx for the tip, we will now play it on easy to get trough the first part guckly
And another thing, if you play co-op, one has to push the 'open the lon bars' button while the other one stands on it (the one with the rockets ) then he'll have to shoot one rocket and throw one frag and it'll blow

But, you don't play co-op, so hahahahahaaa... ;)

Oh yes, look at your private messages, I asked you a question about SC

Thx for the advice
P.S., if you get out the first tunnel, you come in a room with a ramp, you can take that one and then you'll ride trough the engines and such, that's quicker, but you may never slip because then you haven't enough speed to make it
And if the timer runs out, what will happen then?
DO you see the thing blow behind you?

Can't you also wait untill Halo2
If you buy the little DVD disc Microsoft gave recently, you can see the trailer of Halo2, cooooooool man, the masterchief sure has style 8)
Salvation will arrive

The release of Halo 2
Valaros
Corsair

Post by Valaros »

Co-op is fun (and esential) but not required to finish the game, yes even on legendary. I had finished the game on Legendary before i played co-op and although it is hard as hell it isn't imposible.

BTW has everyone here knows about the 'Warthog Jump' don't they.