Path to Glory

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Timerril
Slave (off the Altar)

Path to Glory

Post by Timerril »

Anyone here ever heard of the supplement in the last White Dwarf??? It is using Chaos Warbands to fight eachother and gather your forces. At first I kinda ignored it, but then a lot of people at the store was reading the supplement. I picked my own copy up and "really" read it, and I liked the idea! I didn't want to be a "cheesy" chaos player, you know, hack-n-slah, with 3 Chariots and all! But yeah, this is a good way for anyone to start in Warhammmer, it is real easy.

All you do is follow that booklet, and roll up a warband. You can choose and of the 4 gods, or undivided. I chose nurgle, mostly for the whole conversion possibilities. I rolled up my warband, and this is what I got:

Nanquam Finis Morbus "Neverending Illness"

Champion: Fester Morbus
-Chaos Armor, Hand-Weapon, Great Weapon and additional Hand-Weapon, +1 Toughness
Stats: M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T5 W2 I6 A2 Ld8

Followers:

6 Marauders
-Additional Hand-Weapons

3 Chaos Warriors
-Great Weapons

1 Plague Bearer

4 Chaos Hounds

The thing is as you battle, you can get more or less troops. You get what they call favor points to spend towards recruitment. If a model dies in battle, you roll a 1d6. if it is a 1, the model is removed from your roster.

This idea is great, I already have 6 marauders with add. hand-weapons, Chaos Warriors with Great Weapons, and my Champion. I need to get some green stuff and start giving them bloated skin and puss, and boils!!!

later,
Armond
Last edited by Timerril on Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
So I play High Elves, shoot me!
Arickrol
Dark Rider

Post by Arickrol »

Do you mean Path to Glory, not Pah to Glory? Also, yeah I completely agree with you. The supplement was my favorite part of the entire magazine. It goes in league with Warhammer Skirmish and GW's attempts to spread their influence to those who cannot afford or do not wish to make large armies. I think it is a great idea and one I wish they had when I first started as it is more in league with what I like. If they had implemented it earlier, I'd be able to find people to play against in Skirmish and I'd be willing to spend money on the Skirmish booklet. I believe with a few alterations, Skirmish and Path to Glory can be used together.
Chromiates Warhammer Forum...yes we protested GW's new online policy.
Gzaytleo
Noble

Post by Gzaytleo »

WIch white dward issue is it in??? I am thinking of reading trough the rules...
Sounds quite cool, if i am going to make a warband i am certainly going to make a Slaanesh warband, then i can use my battle cry! (Read my signature)
Long time no see.
Arickrol
Dark Rider

Post by Arickrol »

It came with WD274 November 2002 with the Lord of the Rings The Two Towers on front cover including a picture of some models (Riders of Rohan and orcs), a still from the film with the Riders of Rohan and also a still of Aragorn. Spine says "White Dwarf Number 274 The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Warhammer Beasts of Chaos Preview List, Games Day Chicago, Warhammer 40,000 Black Legion vs. Iron Warriors Battle Report, A Games Workshop Publication Printed in the USA" and I think that is all the info you need (and then some) to make sure you are looking in the correct issue. Remember that this is a supplement so it isn't actually a part of the magazine, just something added to the magazine.
Gzaytleo
Noble

Post by Gzaytleo »

Ok thanks i'll see if my retailers have it in (its just that it wont say "Printed in USA" on the spine of mine.)
Long time no see.
Arickrol
Dark Rider

Post by Arickrol »

Unless it sells out quickly near you they should have it. Of course, you could get a subscription to the mag and not have to worry. Mine ran out but I'm going to renew for 3 years.
Karond
Dark Rider

Post by Karond »

I am thinking bout doing that too. I dont want to collect the army though, so i will probably borrow my friends miniatures but convert my own hero
"The call for blood can only be answered in sundered flesh"
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

arickrol wrote:Remember that this is a supplement so it isn't actually a part of the magazine, just something added to the magazine.

Really? Here in the UK it is. Page whatever and it's a bit each month not all at once.

Yeah, I've read through the rules (of what I've seen so far) it look quite good.
But I'm facing a problem - what god?
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Slaanesh of course! A few of the guys in our club are giving it a whirl, looks fun.

Anyone out there got the new warhammer skirmish scenario book, that has something like 30+ skirmish scenarios to play with forces up to 200ish points. Check it out guys
Arickrol
Dark Rider

Post by Arickrol »

I've been wanting to get the Skirmish book but nobody near me would play it. Actually, nobody nears me play Warhammer. I gotta travel over an hour (one way) to get in a game.

Sureal-Go with Tzeentch! Can't go wrong with Tzeentch. So very feathery.
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Supporting for Kim Clijsters, world's best tennisplayster

Post by Lord happyslave »

arickrol wrote:It came with WD274 November 2002 with the Lord of

Isn't that WD 276 or 277?
Salvation will arrive

on the second of februari

The release of Halo 2
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

It is a great game and pretty easy to get in to. I would have gotten into it, but I have not had the time lately (damn MBA applications)
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

Yeh it looks like a pretty good idea