Tournaments: Tanelorn 4 Updated

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Keledron
Malekith's Personal Guard
Location: Locked in a bunker with only a HE player for company

Tournaments: Tanelorn 4 Updated

Post by Keledron »

For those in the UK looking for something to do come September why not feed your habit for Warhammer and test your skills at this years Tanelorn Tournament in London. Both WHFB and 40k are being played this year.

Full details and entry forms for what will be undoubtablty Londons premier singles tournament this year (remeber Conflict London is doubles now) can be down loaded from:

http://www.tanelornwgc.org/index.php?page=701

Hope to see a few of you there again this year.

Kel
Last edited by Keledron on Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is short, death last for ever like a journey on British public transport!
Benji

Post by Benji »

i could be up for this. anyone got somwhere for me to stop for the weekend?
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

All food prepared by DA too dont forget
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

......on second thought i am bringing sandwhiches :P
i shall come up i can steal the car for the weekend and come along and have a good laugh, especially as Conflict doubles tourny is one of the worst ideas in the long sad history of bad ideas.
now to work out somewhere to stay....Cal? :P
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Dark Alliance wrote:All food prepared by DA too dont forget

Now I wish I could go.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

I'll be there for sure this year! Trust me. I am not spending another £25 to not be able to attend *grumble*...

... Out of curisoity, will I be able to use a Giant in my Druchii army Kel? It would be kool to use a Giant....

Ras
Pleased to be back
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

RasputinII wrote:I'll be there for sure this year! Trust me. I am not spending another £25 to not be able to attend *grumble*...

... Out of curisoity, will I be able to use a Giant in my Druchii army Kel? It would be kool to use a Giant....

Ras

You shoud be able to, its DOW after all, and I think *that* is still allowed. :(
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Not in any GW tings in the UK, and some independants don't allow it either. Its more likely to be not allowed then allowed. The UK doesn't like mercs.... :D

Ras
Pleased to be back
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

I'm up for this tourney, since I missed it last year. Are SoC lists gonna be allowed? I should have my cult painted by then , and it would be nice to be able to use them in a tourney.
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

i would very much like to come to this tournament, however if soc lists arent allowed ill need to sort out another army. guy if you could give me a lift it woulod be ver helpful, and if cal has a spare patch of floor then its 90% chance ill be going.
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

While my place is probably the worst to go to out of everyones I should be able to sort something out even if it means ye all going into my room.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Keledron

Post by Keledron »

FYI - the full rules pack will be available at the end of May from the Tanelorn website as a pdf download.

@Vodoo DA's catering skills are rather impressive - you might regret the sandwiches.

To answer a couple of the questions posed

SOC Lists - some will be allowed and some not based on the opinions of the event organisers TWGC. Those presently permitted will be Cult of Slaanesh, Archaons Horde and Daemon Legions. Beware this may change and you should check the rules pack for the permitted Army Source Book list.

Dogs of War - Will not be permitted as per previous years unless your army is a Dogs of War Army. Sorry Ras.

Models - Non GW figures are perfectly acceptable as long as they look similar to the unit descriptions they are replacing. Just use models that follow WYSIWYG and you should be fine.

Painting/modelling/conversions etc - a minimum of 3 colours and some form of basing such as flock is expected on all models. Conversions are permitted and encouraged full details will be in the rules pack.
Benji

Post by Benji »

is it a weekender?
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

benji wrote:is it a weekender?

Was last time so i assume so
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Keledron

Post by Keledron »

@benji - yes 16th & 17th of September.

WHFB will be played using the 6.0 rule set
Benji

Post by Benji »

Keledron wrote:@benji - yes 16th & 17th of September.

WHFB will be played using the 6.0 rule set

why?
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

I'm tempted. Very tempted.

Will there be a large Shenanigans presence here?
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Niterabbit
Rabbit Solitaire
Location: Posing as a member of Team Shenanigans, or with Rork, Loki, DP, Cal, Silas, Geo, and Morn

Post by Niterabbit »

Looks like easy Underground access for me, if I'm going to be staying here over the summer. If so, I'll definitely consider it (even though I'll probably get my rear handed to me by you lot...lemme try and carve out my own little niche in 40K! :P). Otherwise, school doesn't start 'til October so if I don't get a job I won't be back in the country 'til then.
Damnation wrote:If you're too tired to read your codex, you're too tired to post.
Keledron

Post by Keledron »

@Xizor as most of them are club members at Tanelorn as well it would be a fair assumption to make, that several of them will be playing.

@Benji
Having heard the release schedule for the new rule book it will throw up too many problems to play using it as it will have been available about a week and whilst some people have access to it earlier than others we took the decision that it will give them an unfair advantage and it will be easier to retain the rule set everyone is currently familiar with for 1 more week.

If the release gets moved forward a week or two this may alter. But I don't see that happening.
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

Kel

Are there still places?

I thought I might see if anyone from brighton and clayton wants to go. (teach those shaganinjas a lesson or two ;) )

cheers
Sha'a'alaar
Keledron

Post by Keledron »

Yes
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

ok then i shall try and arrange to get up there if someone like Prince Cal can lodge me for 2 days but driving up there may not be viable so it may be the train for me.
Cal?
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Erm, if really need a place I guess I might be able to do but I'm not certainty for the tournie itself and since I still live at home it may not be on.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Keledron

Post by Keledron »

Rules pack now avaialble from 1st post link

kel
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Hmm. I still have to send my dosh in (wait, I need to get some first). Bizzare rules pack there Kel. Looks like a Yankie tournie with all that jiggery pokery. You just don't want us to play a simple game of Warhammer do you...

Ras
Pleased to be back