What would you be and why?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

A dragon. Lives long, got lots of cash, carries his own oven for quick cooking, no qualms about eating stuff that's been on the ground longer than two seconds, can fly, dwarfs fit nicely into mouth without having to cut them first, as powerful as a daemon but less psychological baggage, and of course if warhammer was to real scale weapons wouldn't be the size of the 28mm models that carry them and thus any man sized attacks would feel like being poked with a needle.

(The real reason all GW models have rediculously oversized out-of-scale weapons is so they can kill dragons in case anyone was wondering.)

Only problem is arms too short for scratching back.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

langmann wrote:Only problem is arms too short for scratching back.

Thats what wing spines and a tail are for.

If I got to choose what I wanted to be in the Warhammer world I would go with a Beastmaster. Training all those hydras and manticores would be very cool.

If I had to choose something that I am close too in the Warhammer world, it would have to be a beastmaster that works on the Sea Dragons. I am a Marine Biologist and a Navy officer after all...
Evilzealot
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Evilzealot »

Being completely honest, I'd probably be a Gladeguard, always liked the outdoors and I hate 'outsiders'. I dont have the build to charge into close combat with a mace, and I dont think I have a rich enough household to be born into HE/DE society. Having no special gift, magic would be out, although perhaps with my win/loss record they'd consider putting me in charge ;).
Philleehellphia
Assassin

Post by Philleehellphia »

A Slann. All you do is sit on a palanquin and you have 10000000 billion Lizards under your control.
Edmonton Oilers Western Conference Champions 2006
Shade

Post by Nonus »

Duellist of the Empire because being just a mere human in the middle of the battle is something awesome, so dangerous. If you survive you will be an idol to your men and if you die you will as a hero. That’s how I think it…
Hear me while I live!
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Ehm... Spire, you do realize that chaos dwarf sorcerers turn to rock, eh?

My favourite position would be thus:
Alter Kindred Lord.
No responsibilities, bloody marvellous physique, increased lifespan.
And the little ability to change into whatever you want.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Mennorach
Beastmaster
Location: on the wrong side of a town in the middle of Finland

Post by Mennorach »

I would be a Dragon.
Allways loved dragons...
or something else that might shout: "Learn your place you little creatures!"
Everytime someone tries to steal your loot/money/treasures...

EDIT:
And every reason langmann stated...
"carries his own oven for quick cooking" :)
Last edited by Mennorach on Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If they're better at the game than you are, change the rules."
Saraphas
Warrior

Post by Saraphas »

i Would be a manticore
They are vicious, fierce, they can fly and they are strong and tough. the dragon would be better to most people because they are stronger and can breathe fire, however you always have to deal with bretonian questing knights, empire crazy boys,dwarves that have a grudge on you, high elves that want to tame and ride you , dark elves that want to whip you and anyone else wants to kill you because you are a nuisance.

Manticores on he other hand mind their own business and most people ignore them, except De.

So their you have it , life as a manticore is better.
i have few questions for the world:
1.who ever though of putting "s" in the word lisp?

2.who made the word for something which means to have problems reading and writting a word like dyslexia?

3. Is there another word for thesaurus?
Spire
Shade

Post by Spire »

Ashnari Doomsong wrote:Ehm... Spire, you do realize that chaos dwarf sorcerers turn to rock, eh?

So what? I'd have great fun while alive and become a statue upon my death ensuring that I'd be remebered for centuries. Not really much of a downside, as far as I can see, and even if I'd turn to stone before my natural death, dwarfs live considerebly longer than humans so I'd stll be around for quite a while.
Sloganizer.net Signature
noun
The kind of thing Hitler would balk at.

Repeat after me, children:
Druchii are not Drow
Tezrek
Corsair

Post by Tezrek »

I truly don't know. My mood can change heavily depending of just how much time i've slept. So I'll will be either a Black Guard (How much can you just healthily hate people anyway?) or some Paladin (I love how pure they are. That just such a strong feeling to me...)
Climb into the Chao with a friend or two
And follow the Way it carries you,
Adrift like a Lunati Lifeboat Crew
Over the Waves in whatever you do.
(HBT;The Book of Advice, 1:3)
Doriili bariiliia
Raiding Baron

Post by Doriili bariiliia »

I likely want to be a wizard, it just give you such and edge over those "little people" :twisted:
"Khaine is pleased with my service brother, I care little for your opinion. The Old world is my playground. Our family lands in Naggaroth are yours."
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Dwarf because I am stout and Bearded.
Or orc because sometimes well alot of times I like smashing stuff.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Spire wrote:
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:Ehm... Spire, you do realize that chaos dwarf sorcerers turn to rock, eh?

So what? I'd have great fun while alive and become a statue upon my death ensuring that I'd be remebered for centuries.

I wonder what happens if I'm a dragon and I eat you. Since dragons eat dwarfs with one bite and then you turn to stone - is that good or bad for a dragon? If dragons have a gullet then I guess it's perfect though not very nutritional, but if dragons are anything like humans that could be one nasty ileus...
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
D-boy
Warrior

Post by D-boy »

i'd be a necromancer can never die get new bodies often from strange people and unlimited amount of troops just read the book necromancer and that makes them verry appealing.
I am the doctor of death and I have come to cure you of life

Name: Thandahr
Ws3 / S3 / T2 / D5 / I5
Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Skills: Basic Stealth
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

I'd be either a Swordmaster, an Archmage, or the High Prince of one of Ulthuan's provinces, preferably Avelorn. Combining one or both of the former with the latter wouldn't be too bad either. Being a dragon is another interesting option, though. Of course, an Archmage would potentially have the magical spell at his disposal to transform into a Dragon anyway, I would guess.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Archdukechocula
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Archdukechocula »

Squig. All of the benefits of life, with none of the drawbacks of sentience.
"I'd never join any club that would have the likes of me as a member."
Muse of harganeth
Executioner

Post by Muse of harganeth »

If i were anyone I would be the musiscan, yes the druchii musician. Marching into battle and sounding my flute, eagering on the army!
You also get lots of enemy's to kill, as you would seem to be targeted.
You might not live long, but you get one heck of a life!
Plus you would get hot Druchii to sleep with in the after battle!
As time past on, the feeling of fun
passed away like wind on a mountain...
Sbod
Executioner

Post by Sbod »

I would ba a blood dragon vampire,
you're immortal and you spend all eternity dueling petty Brets....
Plus i'd be wicked with a sword.
Did I mention immortality.....
A Day Without Sbod Is Like A Day Without Sunshine.
Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

An Ogre maneater

big, tough, greedy and cunning. I'd get to see the world, meet interesting people and eat them.
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first
Zeth vorador
Trainee Warrior

Post by Zeth vorador »

Dark Elf Assassin all the way yes on the board not that great unless used right but really why is he on the field? I'd be an actualy dark elf assassin the kind that sneaks into the enemy stronghold and kills the general and his officers in the night or something along this lines trained hardcore killer no remorse trained since birth :D :mrgreen: :twisted:
A Dagger In The Dark Is Worth A Thousand Spears At Dawn
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

I would like to be one of the Wood Elf Beastmasters or a Wardancer.
Preferrably the former, I like animals and the woods. Setting a bear or fighting dog on Skaven or Brettonians seems a nice idea.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Lamehk the slavemaster
Cold One Knight

Post by Lamehk the slavemaster »

langmann wrote:
I wonder what happens if I'm a dragon and I eat you. Since dragons eat dwarfs with one bite and then you turn to stone - is that good or bad for a dragon? If dragons have a gullet then I guess it's perfect though not very nutritional, but if dragons are anything like humans that could be one nasty ileus...

most dinosaurs couldn't chew (at least the earlier ones couldn't) so another big lizard like a dragon would not chew, and so would have to swallow stones to help digest food. so its food and medicine :) .

on review i dont think id like to be a giant. dragon sounds better :D
The only time you need to worry is when you see a snotling with a monacle and goatee. Then; you run.
Deathwing
Cold One Knight

Post by Deathwing »

an Asrai Waywatcher - I love woods and I don´t mind being alone for a few hours or longer.
or maybe an Asrai Wardancer....
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

Empire Captain. I'm not expereinced enough to be an Elector quite yet, but I have commanded 2,000pts armies on more than one occasion. And because I'd have a Greatswords bodyguard. Best damn heavy infantry in the game, YEAH!
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

The a dark elf assasin thing seems fun and they probly have great retirement benefits.

Ogre there we go thats a good race to be if not orc or dwarf probly ogre butcher because I have eaten bad food before. I beat Salmonila twice. The food ain't bad till it is too fuzzy to eat...lol :lol:
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them