Conflict Ottawa in June!

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Conflict Ottawa in June!

Post by Vorchild »

For those who don't know, a Canadian Conflict is effectively like a US GT - big tournament, lots of people, oddly high cost. ;)

At any rate, for the first time ever, GW has scheduled one for Ottawa and we need lots of participation if we hope to keep it. So, does anyone here apart from me plan on being there? Its only 2 hours away from Montreal and if you drive like me, less than 4 hours away from Toronto. ;)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Ardent sinner
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ardent sinner »

Great! How much is the entry fee? Is it 1500 or 2000 points? I live about 3 hours away though in Belleville.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Holy crap. I'm glad this rumour turned out to be true.

I'll be there, mebbe to stay for a day or two. Vorch I'll prolly swing through your local club, drop me a line if you know some good places to stay.

Fr0
Philleehellphia
Assassin

Post by Philleehellphia »

Bleh. They'll never have Conflicts in Western Canada.
Edmonton Oilers Western Conference Champions 2006
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

philleehellphia wrote:Bleh. They'll never have Conflicts in Western Canada.

There's going to be one in Calgary and one in Vancouver actually, which is 1/3 of the total (this year they're running Ottawa, Calgary, Van, To, Halifax, and Montreal in that order - one each month). They're all 2000 pts games. I don't know what the entry fee is to play, but I think its normally around a c-note.

I'll be there, mebbe to stay for a day or two. Vorch I'll prolly swing through your local club, drop me a line if you know some good places to stay.

Cool. :) Places to stay are easy. Ottawa is a bit of a tourist town, but a weekend in June shouldn't be a problem. ;) If need be, we can probably swing by and pick you up from wherever you'd be staying.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Conflict Tournament Ottawa: June 17th - 18th

So everyone actually knows when it is...
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Yeah, thanks for that. :) Are you going to be there Langmann?
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

So that's it? Can't we entice anyone else from Toronto and Montreal to stop on by and play a few games? Ah well, I guess that just means less competition... :twisted:
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Holy crap. :)

I'm bringing at least three other guys, this is awesome.

Damnit langmann, I have to assume that you are Canadian now! :twisted:

Fr0
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Looks like this is it;

Conflict Ottawa
This year, Games Workshop is running a few trail Conflicts, to test the amount of traffic they a full Conflict Tournament would receive. Conflict Ottawa, and Conflict Halifax.

Conflict Tournament Ottawa:

June 17th - 18th
Lansdowne Park.
Exhibit Hall, Salon A
1015 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON
Tickets on sale April 3rd

Tickets for the tournament are $100 or if you are a extremely dedicated player and want to play in as many as you can, you can purchase a season pass for $500. The season pass allows you to get into every conflict tournament in Canada.

These two events will be primarily Conflict Tournaments, just like any other conflict with the winners being invitation to the grand tournament in Toronto including flight and accommodations. They will also have a Conflict Store, where you can find limited addition models, pre-release items, specialty carrying cases and even Forgeworld. The Stores will be open, on the first day of the event, to anyone with or without a conflict ticket so having trouble finding something, then head down and check it out.

If you are interested in the full blown Conflict Tournaments then head down and check it out. The more foot traffic they have this year they better the chances are that next year it will be a full Conflict event. So get in there and check it out.

More info on the Conflicts can be found at the Games Workshop site, or by calling their direct services number (1-888-498-7655).

I plan on attending, that's for damn sure! :D

Fr0
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Wow, I missed the part about the season pass. I coudl save $100 that way... :roll: I mean honestly, if anyone takes the time and money to play at every single one (and its not like more than 3 of them are close to each other - the rest you have to fly from one end of the second largest country in the world to the other) I think it should be free for them. ;)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Well, it's nearly confimed that I'm going. I just need to clear up $100.00 from my credit card and order. :lol:

Is there anyone else that is going to this at all? Please post if so! :D I myself now need to decide which army I'm taking and get to painting! One month to go, w00t! School is done.

For those who don't have them, there are rulespacks and scenarios available for download here

Fr0