I hate your guts, Nintendo.

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ansob.
Follower of Malal

I hate your guts, Nintendo.

Post by Ansob. »

Damn you for making me dream and break my solemn vow to not fall in another N64-and-NGC-shaped boobytrap. :(

http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/7 ... ids_1.html

(Super Smash Brothers Brawl trailer ahoy, for those too lazy to click.)
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Do you ever stop being bitter about something? ;)

I don't need a wii.

(Ah, jokes that are doomed to get tired...)

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Rork wrote:Do you ever stop being bitter about something? ;)

I'm not bitter, just sour. Actually, all jokes aside, just sad and happy, all at once - I'm getting this war mfeeling inside that I haven't had since SSBM on NGC. Funny that, the sequel game on the sequel console is what's giving me it...

I just wish Nintendo weren't so cool, or that MGS4, Gears of War and Armored Core whatevernumber were being developped on Wii.

Beware, posters. This monster has a heart. ;)
General Kala wrote:
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Ansob, i am in the same position as you now my ancient gamecube gets dusted off and out comes Super Smash Bro's 2.
best bit of that Trailer is Snake :D
ok then i just hope my job applications for Curry's, PC World, Comet and Toys R Us come through cause that way i can get stuff for Cheap :D
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

ANSOB, I feel your pain. After buying an N64 and a Gamecube, I said that I wasn't going to get one of the new consoles, at least not for a while. THen you show me this... :x

And besides, the controllers are so damn cool

Sean
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

I don't know nintendo makes some solid games. All the smash brother's games were really good. They seem childish but if you can get past that it is mario it's an awesome game. If you don't wanna buy it don't thankfully you can always rent the systems from the rental places and try out the games thats what I do, or my friends get the systems first and I play over there houses.

People say bad things about systems and games till they come out. Can't judge a system till it comes out.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Just when I thought the world couldn't get any stupider. good grief... :roll:
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
The reaper
Warrior

Post by The reaper »

well, as a few people would know i am a Playstation loyalist, and i find the more serious games better, imo Tekken is way better than Super Smash Brothers (the rate at which tekken goes playinum proves it :) )
All who have life fear the reaper.

Crazyhorse
Highborn

Post by Crazyhorse »

langmann wrote:Just when I thought the world couldn't get any stupider. good grief... :roll:

please, people have a way of getting dumber even when you think it can't happen i do not think there is a bottom level of stupidity.

now it looks cool however i follow games not systems for you can have the best system with the worst games. so i am looking at the 360 for Ninja Gaiden 2, DOA4, and perfect dark 0
but i am looking forward to playing on that controller. :)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
Spire
Shade

Post by Spire »

I'm getting a horrible feeling that the funds for my next warhammer army are going to disappear.

How could you Nintendo? How could you do this to me?!
Sloganizer.net Signature
noun
The kind of thing Hitler would balk at.

Repeat after me, children:
Druchii are not Drow
Daemonic aura
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daemonic aura »

Well, there ain't no way in hell i am going to buy one of those consoles, no matter how swanky it is. I am looking forward to PS3, and it is highly doubtful i will be able to afford that, so like i said, no matter how nice, i won't be owning one.
to be the man, you've got to beat the man.
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Slerac Fellblade wrote:People say bad things about systems and games till they come out. Can't judge a system till it comes out.

Do me a favour - point me out who of any of the people who posted above you said anything bad about Nintendo, Wii or Super Smash Brothers Brawl? :roll:
General Kala wrote:
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Do me a favour - point me out who of any of the people who posted above you said anything bad about Nintendo, Wii or Super Smash Brothers Brawl? Rolling Eyes

Seconded Ansob, we are all Nintendo Fanboys at Heart ;)
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

X-Box 360, baby
Truly These are the End Times ...
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

I'm torn between a 360 and a Wii, might just need to work hard at work (to afford them both) and at home (to persuade the wife to let me have both).
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

I'm torn between a 360 and a Wii, might just need to work hard at work (to afford them both) and at home (to persuade the wife to let me have both).

Good luck with that. ;)

I'm going to be getting the PS3, personally.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

The nice thing is that Nintendo is keeping the Wii somewhat affordable. It should be less than a 360 is and much less than the PS3. Actually, I think you will be able to buy a 360 and a Wii for the price of a PS3.

Personally I think that Xbox and Nintendo are going the right way and PS3 is going the wrong way. I can get a half decent computer that can run pretty much all the same games as a PS3 for the same price. Except my computer will have a lot more capabilities (like all those stupid term papers college makes me do). I think that people we'll realize this and if console prices continue to go up, than it will be the end of console systems. If a computer and a console become the same price, I'll pick the computer everytime.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Defintiely. The PS3 is too expensive for my taste. I make enough money that I could afford it -- but I just can't justify spending $500 on a game console.

The PS3 would have to be a LOT better than the Wii or the XBox 360 to justify the price difference, and I'm just not seeing it right now.
Philleehellphia
Assassin

Post by Philleehellphia »

Wii!!!!!!!

Well.. the only reason i would ever buy this system is because of... OMG NEW SUPER SMASH BROTHERS SJKLflhafafslkfsdfdsallf.hdsalf;dasfl;ksdafhsa.

No matter the coming of new systems, the N64 pwns all(except Xbox. I love ze Xbox)
Edmonton Oilers Western Conference Champions 2006
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

The PS3 would have to be a LOT better than the Wii or the XBox 360 to justify the price difference, and I'm just not seeing it right now.

I'm getting it for the games more than anything else. I refuse to own something titled "Wii", and none of the games on the Xbox 360 really appeal to me (the ones that do are available on the PC anyway, such as Oblivion).
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Voodoomaster wrote:
Do me a favour - point me out who of any of the people who posted above you said anything bad about Nintendo, Wii or Super Smash Brothers Brawl? Rolling Eyes

Seconded Ansob, we are all Nintendo Fanboys at Heart ;)

I'm not. X-Box and it's sequels all the way, as a teenage dream's so hard to beat. :P
(Damnit, why can I NOT stop quoting frankly brilliant Punk Rock songs?!)

Out of all them, it would be X-Box 360 then PS3 and never the Nintendo. That's unless Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming out on the 360, of course, ;)

I couldn't care less about the other two, to be honest...
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Eldacar wrote:I'm getting it for the games more than anything else. I refuse to own something titled "Wii", and none of the games on the Xbox 360 really appeal to me (the ones that do are available on the PC anyway, such as Oblivion).

Exact opposite for me. There are no announced titles for the PS3 that really stand out and make me want to buy it.
Valorian the merciless
Beastmaster

Post by Valorian the merciless »

who cares about the name (dolphin, revolution, wii, I just gonna call it "mine")

because.....
IT HAS AN ALL NEW SMASH BROTHER GAME AND OH MY GOD IT'S LIKE THE COOLEST GAME EVERRRRRRRR :shock: :shock:

ahum :oops: , right as I was saying, nintendo does it again.
...I'm the king....
...the master of parody...
...Rejoice...
...for the writing continues...
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

... I would buy one, but I'd be the biggest hypocrite in the world (it's called a Wii! How was I supposed to resist making those jokes?)
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

Hehe I think the name is stupid but Nintendo caught me with Legend of Zelda and hasnt let go.
Drakhan who was once Shaadan who was once Drow sorcerer who was once Tangas who was once Drow Sorcerer.

Damn you SAU!