Warmachine / Hordes Tournement in the UK..............

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Chesney
Black Guard

Warmachine / Hordes Tournement in the UK..............

Post by Chesney »

Afternoon All,

I am investigating the organisation of a large Warmachine/Hordes tournament in the near future within the UK. The purpose of this thread is to find out how many people would be interested and try to drum up as much interest as possible. My colleagues and I are hoping to get around 30-40 people in attendance, and if possible make the tournament a regular yearly/6monthly event.

The details surrounding the tournament would be as follows (please bear in mind some of these may change if greatly requested):
· The tournament will be planned and run in the UK obviously, within the Leicestershire area.
· The date will be planned for towards the end of September and on a Saturday or Sunday.
· The format of the competition will be using the Steamroller 2.0 rules pack.
· Armies will be composed of a maximum of 750 points, also players may utilise the option to bring a second force if desired.
· All entrants will compete in four games over the course of the day.
· There will be an entrance fee to compete to help cover facility costs and prizes.

Therefore if anyone is interested, please let me know by adding your replies.

Cheers

Chesney
Refusing to desert the Ogre Kingdoms since 2004!
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

oh id probably be interested ,afterall i dont think leicestershire is too far from pompey, yes id probably go if its not to fair.
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

I would go if I played :D
Pleased to be back
Niterabbit
Rabbit Solitaire
Location: Posing as a member of Team Shenanigans, or with Rork, Loki, DP, Cal, Silas, Geo, and Morn

Post by Niterabbit »

Hmm...Leicestershire isn't too far from London, is it?

I've recently located a few stores in the London area that stock Warmachine products and I plan to complete my army within the year, although September is a little early for me as that is when I return to the UK to begin school again. I would love to go to this but perhaps I'll have to sit this particular round out and go to the next one, if this one is a success.

Just one thing, though - Steamroller 2.0? Never heard of it.
Damnation wrote:If you're too tired to read your codex, you're too tired to post.