Free forums/Messageboards?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Hornedtoad10
Corsair

Free forums/Messageboards?

Post by Hornedtoad10 »

Hi,

Does anyone know/have a link to a place where you can setup private free forums or messageboards?

I want to use it to keep in touch with friends I graduated with whom have moved all around.

Thanks.
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Try InvisionFree forums. Also, if in the US you could try Facebook for you college friends or Myspace. They are both great ways to keep in touch.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Hornedtoad10
Corsair

Post by Hornedtoad10 »

[/quote="Loki17"]Try InvisionFree forums. Also, if in the US you could try Facebook for you college friends or Myspace. They are both great ways to keep in touch.[/quote]

I'm in the US but myspace and facebook don't really cut it as well as forums because you aren't talking to everyone at the same time so everyone can see and something about forums makes people post more and stay in contact better. It just seems like it'd work better than like mass email to 7-8 people clogging up your email.

Thanks for the advice.

Edit: I tried InvisionFree and so far I really like them. Thanks.
Tybryn
Corsair

Post by Tybryn »

You know you can setup forums inside your myspace.
"Eagles may sore, but rats don't get sucked into jet engines."
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

HornedToad10 wrote:I'm in the US but myspace and facebook don't really cut it as well as forums because you aren't talking to everyone at the same time so everyone can see and something about forums makes people post more and stay in contact better.

In Myspace, the forums are called groups. All you have to do is create one and get all your friends to join. It is basically a simple forum where everyone can post topics or bulletins.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Hornedtoad10
Corsair

Post by Hornedtoad10 »

[quote="Loki17"][quote="HornedToad10"]
I'm in the US but myspace and facebook don't really cut it as well as forums because you aren't talking to everyone at the same time so everyone can see and something about forums makes people post more and stay in contact better.
[/quote]
In Myspace, the forums are called groups. All you have to do is create one and get all your friends to join. It is basically a simple forum where everyone can post topics or bulletins.[/quote]

Oh didn't realize that. I tried the invisionFree forums and they work well so we'll probably just stick with that. Thanks.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Free hosting here if you like phpBB, else you can use Invision Free

Both have ads, unless you want to pay.

Fr0