oblivion question

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Crazyhorse
Highborn

oblivion question

Post by Crazyhorse »

i just rented this game and i am wondering if anyone knows the best places to rob to get money quick. my character is a theif (duh) and all i have been able to find so far is hardly worth stealing, there must be a more lucritive place in the game. thx for any help :D
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

Actually, in Oblivion all loot (including stuff you can steal) is all based off your character's level. Once you get to level 20 or so you'll start finding Glass and Ebon armor all over the place.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

the castles have a lot of valuables but the guards can be a pain as there is a lot of them
Annatar
Trainee Warrior

Post by Annatar »

the castle in bruma is a good place to start, because there is also a dealer in tow, where you can sell the items.
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Don't forget that Items you steal are hot and can't be sold to regular dealers. Only those who buy looted stuff will purchase them from you.

On a side note: How long did you rent the game for? I seem to remember that I put at least 100 hours into that game. If you want to get the proper effect, it would be best to buy it.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

A q: Are you even in the thieves guild yet? Cause of not, you can't sell loot....
Crazyhorse
Highborn

Post by Crazyhorse »

this is the second time i have rented this game the first time i became the head of all guilds. and this time i am going for houses and side quests. i may buy this game but i fear it might be like fable, once you do everything you are a god nothing can hurt you and there is nothing left to do.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

As far as I understand the mechanics of the game(and I'm really not far in it yet, lvl. 17 or something) everything level up with you, so in theory you should always be able to find challenges.
Evilzealot
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Evilzealot »

I am able to always find challanges with my Thiefly character, as he isnt the best fighter. My Wizard was able to chunkify nearly anything without concern, especially with a strong summoned monster and about 300 mana potions.

The real downside is when you hit high level you encounter the same type of monster constantly, there is very little variation at the end.
Alith anar
Shadowking

Post by Alith anar »

If you want money fast, nothing beats Ayleid ruins. Just zoom through in stealth mode (or better yet invisibility, if you have it) and steal the crystals.
Regards, A.A.

"Epic Krueger the Mousefrightened was a trap, to see whether we'd generalize. Lose faith. Whine. Die inside.

And when the light seemed darkest... we get the visual equivalent of the opening lick from Thunderstruck."
Animatronicdemonskwerral
Beastmaster

Post by Animatronicdemonskwerral »

Do alchemy and make potions
with the amount of plants and potions you make it doesnt really need to be a major skill.
its quick and safe and you can steal ingredients and make them into potions which can be sold.
THR/////////\\\\\\\\\\ZZZZZZZHHHHHHH TILLL D////\\\\////\\\THHHHHHHH
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

Really the best way to make cash is to simply level up.

But if you need some cash to do that, I'd do the alchemy thing. Not only are potions lifesavers and can skip whole parts of dungeons (featherfall whee) the potions sell for a lot, and ingredients are everywhere.
Black master
Slave on the Altar

Post by Black master »

Go to the fighters guild at night and steal the silver longsword and steel armour there. Or just kill people in the villages and then run away with their stuff. Works for me! :D

Black Master
When the Slann die out the skink priests will stay up for a whole year writing dispel scrolls non-stop!
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I have another question: Is it needed to close all oblivion gates?
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

LordBelial wrote:I have another question: Is it needed to close all oblivion gates?

no and you cant as more spawn all the time and they also reopen after a while.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

That'll explain why the ones I was sure I had closed reappeared...

Q: I've become a vampire. I know that to become "normal" again, I need 5 empty grad soul gems. Any advice on where to get them? I've got 1 so far... And I've been a vampire 95% of the game I've played so far...
Crazyhorse
Highborn

Post by Crazyhorse »

i think the mages guilds sell them for a price, or you could try the oblivion gates,or the ayleid ruins. those are the places i have seen them. and i just hit lvl 20 and i have about 10,000 in loot :)

ps why not stay a vampire i love being one the worst it can be is annoying and you get so much out of being one.
Tege
Executioner

Post by Tege »

yeah, why not stay vampire. you get the best lesser power a thief could have:nightvision and detect life for 5 mana, it's insane. also the enhanced characaristics are a big help too, just remember drinking blood, fighters guild are a good place to find sleaping npc's
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I like the +'s, but it's starting to annoy me like crap when I in the middle of a quest starts being vulnerable to sunlight. It's easy just to wait for dark and suck blood, but still...
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

TeGe wrote:yeah, why not stay vampire. you get the best lesser power a thief could have:nightvision and detect life for 5 mana, it's insane. also the enhanced characaristics are a big help too, just remember drinking blood, fighters guild are a good place to find sleaping npc's

I never drink blood, I stay a full-powered vampire. Enchant some pieces of armor to have constant healing, or cast a very long duration, very slight heal spell to counteract the sun damage. Then go anywhere, anytime, with full vampire powers.
Limenix
Assassin

Post by Limenix »

I have finished the main quest and all of the fighter , thief and dark brootherhod guild quests.
I have found a special wine and the journal updated and said somehing like " keep this wine until you learn more about it".

Has anyone found what to do with the wine?
The Druchii way of the Warrior:

When you must RUN ..... FIGHT!!!
When you must FIGHT .... WOUND!!!
When you must WOUND .... CRIPPLE!!!
When you must CRIPPLE .... KILL!!!
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

limenix: yupp it is for a quest :P darned if i remember which one though
Annatar
Trainee Warrior

Post by Annatar »

@limenix

i haven´t found that wine, but i have a quest, where i shall find six bottles of a special wine. i think the the owner of the hotel in the little town right before the gate to the imperial city gave me that quest. Maybe thats what you´re looking for.
Lyhne
The Dane

Post by Lyhne »

I got my money by entering a guild and simply taking everything (except those where it says anything about steal). F.ex. the books in the librarys of the Mage guilds,you are free to take them if you want, and you canseel them. It gave me a lot of money :P
+++Team Mulligans +++
Rorkie wrote:
Rork edit: Caps hurt my eyes. Don't hurt my eyes. If you do, I will hurt your soul.
Limenix
Assassin

Post by Limenix »

Hey thanks fellows.I will go to this village (i know where it is) and talk to the NPC's. I have found 4 bottles already (can't remember where ).
The Druchii way of the Warrior:

When you must RUN ..... FIGHT!!!
When you must FIGHT .... WOUND!!!
When you must WOUND .... CRIPPLE!!!
When you must CRIPPLE .... KILL!!!