LotR

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tarrath
Executioner

LotR

Post by Tarrath »

i'm seriously considering starting a LotR force, from what i've seen, i love the rules system. i'm thinking of starting a corrupted high elf force led by elrond or Gil-galad (the idea is what if an elf got the ring instead of isildur? it doesn't really fit the fluff, but it's as close as i can come to DE, and i like painting evil elves)
Cause I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

I have smal band of Elves lead by Gil Galad, I like his model the rest is 8 archers 8 two handed swordsmans 2 spearmans and banner bearer. I never loose yet. It is fantastic game with good rules and nice models - play it if you want.
Innocence proves nothing
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

I've forgot I bought Elrond but now he is my RXB reg. champion I've replaced his word with RXB it looks nice. If you want to see my models - write.
Innocence proves nothing
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Gil Galad dies in the battle of Mt. Doom. Sauron kills him I think.
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

Gil Galad dies in the battle of Mt. Doom. Sauron kills him I think.

mybe I don't knew but it doesn't change fact that his model (Gil-Galad) is nice.

Post by Guest »

i know, the idea for the army is based around an alternate outcome, in which elrond or gil-galad recieve the ring instead of isildur and arer corrupted by it
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Anonymous wrote:i know, the idea for the army is based around an alternate outcome, in which elrond or gil-galad recieve the ring instead of isildur and arer corrupted by it

I know, but I meant that since Gil Galad dies, he cannot get the ring. Elrond would never be corrupted by the ring in so short a time, I am sure he would throw it in the fire if he got it.

But its kind of a neat idea.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Leithel and odd
My own worst enemy

Post by Leithel and odd »

He probably would, but then we'll never know.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

langmann wrote:Gil Galad dies in the battle of Mt. Doom. Sauron kills him I think.

One of the funny things about the movie vs the book. In the book, they don't fight at Orodruin, but rather at Barad Dur and Elrond doesn't seem to mind that Isildur takes the ring. They all think he's had a bad day and can keep the trinket. So, if going by the book, having Elrond take it could be cool.

Personally, I'd have Gladriel take the ring and she, Celeborn, and Haldir could have some cool rogue elven army that could challenge the armies of Sauron. :?
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Vorchild wrote:
langmann wrote:Gil Galad dies in the battle of Mt. Doom. Sauron kills him I think.

One of the funny things about the movie vs the book. In the book, they don't fight at Orodruin, but rather at Barad Dur and Elrond doesn't seem to mind that Isildur takes the ring. They all think he's had a bad day and can keep the trinket. So, if going by the book, having Elrond take it could be cool.

Yep about the battle.

Now I don't think Elrond was very happy at all. But that may only be my opinion. Of course we'll never know for sure because Tolkien himself only really knows everything..

However, I think Elrond makes some pretty disparaging remarks (as far as Tolkien goes) about men in the book, which I don't think are made in hindsight. I think he's very dissapointed in what Isildir did, but at the same time, Isildur was a hero, and a great man and friend as well. To contradict him at the time would have possibly been a bad choice. Elrond, possibly the wisest of the elves at that time, would have felt that a gentle push towards destroying the ring may have been better. Also if Elrond took the ring by force (which probably would have meant killing his friend), then he would be 'evil' himself and the ring would have corrupted him immediately.

Personally, I'd have Gladriel take the ring and she, Celeborn, and Haldir could have some cool rogue elven army that could challenge the armies of Sauron. :?

Now that is a cool idea. Legitimate as well. Celeborn would have been killed though, or at least beaten into only a physical remainder of himself, IMHO...
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."