Need Help on Aquiring Girl

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kergoth
Corsair

Post by Kergoth »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:Kergoth, I have never heard the pick up technique broken up into warhammer turn phases.

It certainly works as long as you don't take you're rulebook with you...
=> [ ... and what kind of freek-book is that... ]

Warhammer is just much more 'realistic' than people imagine 8)
Maybe the quote: "Love is a war without human-rights" is appropiot
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

TheGamer4ever wrote:eye contact really works

Ah, this is a key point with any girl. Don't stare at her breasts while talking to her. Look at her eyes. Even if she looks away, stop every urge to look at them. Because even if you think she isn't looking, she will know that you looked at them. Keep your eyes focused from the chin up. I know that everyone said that each girl is different and everyone's approach is different and that's true, do what is comfortable for you. But, this is one thing that will help 99% of the time.

Oh, and I agree with Eldacar and Frijoles Negros, don't use PoA's method, you will probably end up with nothing.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Prince of Arnheim wrote:Actually....i'm 25 years old....and I found that women like a man who doesn't talk much..they don't like it when you get in their faces.....

no...it is better to simply ignore them.....why do you think they always go for the tough guys?? Because women need to be protected. They like the warriors types.....don't be all kind and friendly.....no give her a glare every now and then just to let her know who's domain she is in.....that will put her on the defensive.....THEN you lighten up by making a very manly joke....preferably one that makes someone else look bad and you good...or cool.......

Ha ha ha......this is funny......

You must be a very lonely boy. And I do place emphasis on the word 'boy'. I'm twenty, and not exactly a man-whore either, but I and everyone I know can tell you that it takes a very strange type of woman to be flattered when you intimidate her. I don't know what kind of mulligan country you live in, but around here, girls like a sympathetic, warm, gentlemanly kind of guy.

And remember, every time you use excessive punctuation, a random brain lobe deactivates itself.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Lord Fear wrote:Thanks for all the repplies guys. You see, the dance is not until Septmenber 30. So my next question is: when should i ask her? If i ask her early, i will probably be first but she might get scared. If wait too long, then someone else might ask her. What do you think?

Go ask her out. Just be yourself, if she likes you its the way you are already that she likes.

If a girl likes you, she'll be happy no matter how stupid you think you sound when you ask her. If she doesn't like you no fancy tricks are going to work.

Do it soon before someone else snaps her up.

If she says no, don't worry about it. There's nothing particularly wrong with you, its just the way things are that some people like some people, eventually a match is made. Ask a bunch of girls you like, one will say yes.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Hali
Grand Executioner

Post by Hali »

I'm really tempted to make a clorophorm joke here...really tempted. But I won't.

The "be yourself" line, as corny as it may sound, is your best advice. Women are just as alive and human as you are so just relax about the gender difference, and probably most of all, forget what other people will think. It's not ussually the act but what other people think of the act that freaks guys out, so just ignore it, out of mind.

If that fails....well you can always fall back to cloroform (sorry guys it was just too tempting).
Sulam
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulam »

I don't know where you live, but where I live it's quite common to just go out without a specific (read: real) reason. So no end of the year, birthday etc etc, just parties with the reason you want to have fun. If you like someone you can also ask her and some friends of her to go out with you (and some friends of yours) just to experience how she reacts when you don't ask her specific.

For the rest there are enough advices given. One of the most important: Every girl is different and certainly not 'all' of them like topugh guys opr you have to act tough. That's IMO a ridiculous thing to say. Like a lot of people said: Be youself. If you not extremely tough that's no problem for actually almost nobody is.

Sulam

By the way: What is the women on this forum's view on this subject?
|/^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ |______
|The Pimpmobile runs | |||'""|'"\___,
|over Bunny and Birdyl l||__|__|__|)
|(@)(@)"""""""""""""(@) (@)--------(@)

Army pics: www.bretonnia.i8.com/1darkelves.html
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

Prince of Arnheim wrote:Actually....i'm 25 years old....and I found that women like a man who doesn't talk much..they don't like it when you get in their faces.....

no...it is better to simply ignore them.....why do you think they always go for the tough guys?? Because women need to be protected. They like the warriors types.....don't be all kind and friendly.....no give her a glare every now and then just to let her know who's domain she is in.....that will put her on the defensive.....THEN you lighten up by making a very manly joke....preferably one that makes someone else look bad and you good...or cool.......

This is about the worst advice I have ever seen on any topic.

If you really think that is a good idea, I can understand why people do not like you. Some (but by far not all) women do like "macho" guys - but to be a "macho" kind of guy, you need selfconfidence. Making jokes on someone else´s expense is the perfect way to show the whole world that you have no selfconfidence whatsoever, and that you are probably right about not thinking highly of yourself, to boot.

No girl likes being treated like an object by a total stranger (there are some girls who like to be treated like an object, but only by people they trust).

Now, Lord Fear, the best advice given in this thread so far is to just be yourself and be relaxed. Okay, so this is maybe the first time you will try to chat up a girl/ask her out for a date. But it will most likely not be the last (unless you are exceptionally lucky and she not only says yes but also turns out to be the love of your life), and it is nothing special to the rest of the world, even though it is to you.

So just be yourself, be honest (if you catch yourself looking at her breasts, for example, just say what you think, ie, make a compliment about how well whatever top she wears looks on her or something, just don´t be too blunt), and don´t worry about what will happen, because whatever will happen, you will most likely either laugh about it in a few years (or maybe even months) or have a fond memory of it because she was your first date.

Oh and PoA, stop using multiple dots instead of proper punctuation. Reading your posts is a pain, and further posts in that style will not be tolerated in my forum.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Hali wrote: Women are just as alive and human as you are

What??? When did this happen?

Hali wrote:If that fails....well you can always fall back to cloroform (sorry guys it was just too tempting).

Dancing will be one hell of an issue then though...
Tenebrae
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Tenebrae »

Hali wrote:I
If that fails....well you can always fall back to cloroform (sorry guys it was just too tempting).

<sarcasm=dark>
Really? And I thought Rhohypnol was all the was all the rage these days.
</sarcasm>
Lord fear
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord fear »

Ok so you guys have given me a lot of advice so far, which i appreciate. One thing i did realize is that when i am around her and talling to her, i am not nervous at all. Its when i get home and start thinking about it that i start getting nervous. And btw, i live in the U.S.A., so the idea is that you ask a girl out to the dance and you are only alowed to dance with that girl. I usually laugh when my parents tell me that in France they use to dance wiht a whole lot of people every night. And btw, this isn't my first date. I went out with this girl a couple of months ago but had to dump her becuase i found out she smoked pot wuite a bit.

Keep 'em coming!
I will kill you until you die from it.
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Lord Fear, if you do end up going to the dance with her, make sure that you find out if she intends to dance with anyone else. Im from the US too, but dances I've gone to, I've danced with several other girls. I think the premise is that you are supposed to mainly dance with her, but if someone else asks you and your date doesn't mind, its fine to dance with another. Also, take this into account the other way around, if she is asked to dance by a person who you know is just a friend, let her. Just make sure that you get her back after the dance ;) Women usually don't like men who are overly possessive, especially on a first date kind of thing.

Its good that you are comfortable talking to her and what not. If you are only nervous when you think about stuff, well, then don't think. Just go with the flow. If you try to plan stuff out to much, you are more likely to have something go wrong. Like everyone else said, just be yourself and go with the flow.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Sv_harlequin
Assassin

Post by Sv_harlequin »

Try bashing her over the head with your Club and dragging her back to your Cave.
Mal: Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right.
Seralkith
Beastmaster

Post by Seralkith »

This isn't your first time dating her -or in general? I think you mean in general because you say you dumped a girl. :? I'll assume that's what you meant. In that case you should know that you're hot stuff so don't sweat askin' her out. Just hang out with her at lunch and after a while you'll probably accidentally ask her out! ;) But as said don't become a good friend. :roll:

And your school's wierd if you only dance with one person the whole time, as Loki said check her intenions.

Best wishes!
Frijoles negros
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Frijoles negros »

Arq: You must be.
Kergoth wrote:
Fingol Darkwater wrote:Kergoth, I have never heard the pick up technique broken up into warhammer turn phases.

It certainly works as long as you don't take you're rulebook with you...
=> [ ... and what kind of freek-book is that... ]
It's called "A Warhammer-Playing Dummy's Guide to Dating."
Damnation wrote:I don't know what kind of mulligan country you live in, but around here, girls like a sympathetic, warm, gentlemanly kind of guy.

And remember, every time you use excessive punctuation, a random brain lobe deactivates itself.
Two very well put sentences.
The artist formerly known as Maedhros.

|/^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ |______
|The Pimpmobile runs | |||'""|'"\___,
|over Bunny and Birdyl l||__|__|__|)
|(@)(@)"""""""""""""(@) (@)--------(@)
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Lord Fear wrote:And btw, i live in the U.S.A., so the idea is that you ask a girl out to the dance and you are only alowed to dance with that girl.

Check that. I cannot imagine that the States are that square, esp. the younger ones like you.
By the way, what kind of dancing are you going to do? Just the standard walz an foxtrotting stuff (thinking of square's)? Personally I like changing my dancing partners, but will dance longer if I like them (or their dancing). So my 'date' can be in the worst case only a starting point (but was never, though;)).
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Sv_harlequin
Assassin

Post by Sv_harlequin »

Try and get a bit of a good Ska Skank going or bring Glowsticks, everyone likes glowsticks.

Sorry Went to see Front Line Assembly Yesterday.
Mal: Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right.
Sai'cet
Executioner

Post by Sai'cet »

I don't know about you guys, but Im slightly worried about the contents of Arnheim's remarks. I reckon doing those kinds of things are just going to put a girl off rather than attract her to you.
But then, what do I know. Im not as old as youy guys.
I'm like the Joker but more in your face

ALL HAIL GORGONOTH, THE DARK LORD OF PUDDING!
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Check that. I cannot imagine that the States are that square, esp. the younger ones like you.

I may have missed the memo, but we're not as far as I can tell. In the South, they actually tell us "no freak-dancing this year!" at the door.

Besides I always thought the point of these things was to do the party aspect of these dances with your date then dance with whoever you want when you actually get there.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Dubhgilla
Warrior

Post by Dubhgilla »

I wouldn't go for Tenebrae or Hali idiotic advice!

Ski mask + bowie knife works just fine. :twisted:
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Frijoles Negros wrote:Arq: You must be.
Aye well it's been four years since I had to work from cold. That said, things are looking up on the work front.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Fr0
Trademaster

Re: Need Help on Aquiring Girl

Post by Fr0 »

lol

Acquiring a girl eh? Hmm.. I would know a few things about that, but all you want to do is ask her to the dance? Well, talk to her to start.. see where it goes, I mean find out what kinda stuff she likes, and talk to her about it.

If she likes Daisies, bring her one one day for example. Just be yourself, and if she likes you then go from there.. I dunno, I guess I've never had a problem with that before.

I do realize that this is way off-topic but i figured that this is a matter of tactical advice for a fellow Druchii in need of serious help.

:lol: That's cute. :P

Oh, PS.. don't listen to YourMumRang, look at his avatar.. do you think he knows anything? ;)

Fr0
Tenebrae
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Tenebrae »

langmann wrote:Go ask her out. Just be yourself, if she likes you its the way you are already that she likes.

If a girl likes you, she'll be happy no matter how stupid you think you sound when you ask her. If she doesn't like you no fancy tricks are going to work.

Do it soon before someone else snaps her up.

If she says no, don't worry about it. There's nothing particularly wrong with you, its just the way things are that some people like some people, eventually a match is made. Ask a bunch of girls you like, one will say yes.

Langmann gives good advice!
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

With the danger of removing this threads focus from the original topic of helping Mr. Fear getting his date(and possibly... Girlfriend?) I would like to ask a quick question which is in the same area as the first posted:

Some nights ago, I was out drikning(heavily, I'm afraid) at a birthday party. Throughout the entire evening, this girls seems to be hitting heavily(not that kind of hitting, I mean, coming on to me) on me. I quite like her. Thing is, that we do that every day, as a kind of standing joke. So I don't push it, don't take my chances, though I'd very much like to. Then, later, as the party is ending, the entire guestlist set course for town, to continue our sad evening which seems to rely heavily on the ammount of alcohol we drink(lest someone find out how hard it is to have fun with one another without...). Much fun was had, but I didnt really see her anymore that evening UNTIL: Im going home with a mate whos got to sleep over, so we are waiting for a cab, when she passes by. She sais goodnite, and then she walks over to me, gives me a kiss, and walks off, leaving me dumbstruck(really, anyone seeing me would think there was nobody home on the inside). Sinde that nite, shes not been talking to me that much anymore(and I find it hard to talk to her, as I'm pretty confused), but she does give me a nudge in the ribs at times, or smile and say hello.

QUESTION: Is this a common thing for girls to do? None of the other ones I've had has ever been, hrm, playing woth me this way... What do you think? Ever experienced something alike(bet ya have)?
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Post by Moridin_nae'blis »

I wish I had experienced something like that. Although, I'm a little young for that to happen with anyone I know. I have plenty of time though. Anyways, on to the point of your question.

I think if she only did it because she was drunk out of her mind, then I would say she might have just been drunk. But the nudging and things like that you said she does, leads me to believe there is something there. I say, go for it.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

LordBelial wrote:QUESTION: Is this a common thing for girls to do? None of the other ones I've had has ever been, hrm, playing woth me this way... What do you think? Ever experienced something alike(bet ya have)?

No, I haven't experienced that kind of thing yet, though I wouldn't mind. ;) However, I can try and decypher it.

My guess is that she really, really likes you, but is afraid of being rejected. To you, the daily mating ritual would seem a joke, but to her it's more, it's kinda like testing the water. That kiss the other night was when she either gathered up all her courage or was, more likely, drunk enough to do such a thing. Now, she's not talking to you anymore, because you're not really talking to her about it either... whereas she kind of expected you to react, if you know what I'm saying.

So go and talk to her. The fact that she's quiet but nudges you and says hello, means that she's embarassed in a positive sense ;)
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854