Need Help on Aquiring Girl

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

For your conveinience I shall post some musings about the fairer sex and some advice on your situation. You may not like them but they are true (or at least seem true to me based on my own experiences)

If a woman likes you it is likely that in this day and age she will make an effort to win you over herself. These days courtship is usually a mutual thing. Sadly, this might mean that the girl you like isn't interested in you, otherwise she would have made an effort herself.(then again maybe things are different in america I don't know)

There are a few signs you can use to deduce whether a girl likes you. Remember, this is by no means an exhaustive list and the signs mentioned here may also not indicate like at all
- she goes out of her way to organise spending time with you
- she seems nervous around you
- body language( I'm not good at reading this but aparently things like how close shes standing to you, whether shes playing with her hair, eye contact and whether shes leaning foward indicate attraction. On the other hand crossed arms or legs and leaning away indicate lack of interest. I find it's best just to copy the body language of the girl you're talking to)
-shes asking your friends about you, or her friends are
- she makes it blatantly clear that she wants you. this only happens rarely I've found

So those are some signs your looking for. If some or all are already present she might already like you. if not heres some advice on how to make a girl like you. some have already been mentioned.

Be confident. Girls like it

talk to her and try to spend time with her. suggested topics of cconversation are gossip and listening to her talk about her life. Remember she is not really interested in your life, if she asks you questions about it keep the answers brief and switch the spotlight back to her as soon as possible. Girls like being the centre of attention. If she is angsty comfort her and do not ridicule her insignificant and petty heartaches... women often take themselves too seriously. However do this to much and she may see you as merely a shoulder to cry on and not a potential partner. It sucks extreme donkey dong when this happens as by listening to her constant whinging you will have no doubt developed an emotional atatchment to her. Finally and importantly, do not be creepy and/ or stalkerish in your attempts to talk to/ spend time with her. I cannot emphasise enough how important this is. As a guideline just don't get more involved than is acceptable

look good. as sad and shallow as it seems most women select their partners based on how attractive they are. I'm sorry but this is completely and utterly the horrible truth. Thankfully we all aparently attracted to people around our own level of attractiveness. If a woman does not find you physically attractive she will not touch you except under three mitigating circumstances: you have exceptional charm, you are wealthy or you occupy a position of power(this third one is obviously not relevant to us young folk). If you are rich then this might play in your favour. i doubt you have exceptional charm or you wouldn't be asking for advice(I'm not trying to be arrogant here, exceptional charm is a rare thing that few, especially not myself, possess) Therefore you must work on looking good. here are some guidelines: take care of your skin, do something with your hair, wear nice clothes that fit you, don't be fat, shower regularly, wear deoderant that smells good. You could also try getting a female friend to give you a makeover or go clothes shopping with you... they love that crap.

there are obviously many other things relevant to the world of women, but those three are some main things to get you started. good luck and remember that when you fail it ultimately doesn't matter. afterall you're really in no worse a position than the one you started out in right?
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

and I found that women like a man who doesn't talk much..they don't like it when you get in their faces.....

Want to bet? I know plenty of girls who are up for a good argument.

no...it is better to simply ignore them.....why do you think they always go for the tough guys?? Because women need to be protected. They like the warriors types.....don't be all kind and friendly.....no give her a glare every now and then just to let her know who's domain she is in.....that will put her on the defensive.....THEN you lighten up by making a very manly joke....preferably one that makes someone else look bad and you good...or cool.......

I would strongly advise against following this advice.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Frijoles negros
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Frijoles negros »

Damnation wrote:
Fingol Darkwater wrote:Having female friends is great, but don't make friends out of girls that you'd rather be dating.

Ah yes, the good old "I love you, but like a brother" argument. Awful when they pull that one on you.
Bring up incest somehow when they pull this one.

If you want the relationship to last, the I you're going to have to be friends with the person, or will come to be.

Malvion's got some good advice, and a lot of it. Disciple's got some good points too. I wouldn't take PoA's advice though, but that's just me(or is it?).

I like Arq's idea though. Should make her, or at least someone, laugh if you can keep a straight face.

The ladies like guys who listen to their rants about their problems like they care and try and help them. This can make you into the 'shoulder to cry on' though, which is appropriate at times, but not how you want to live your life.

More good things: funny (smart-ass to the teacher funny, although that can have consequences if you overdo it), outgoing, confident, caring, attractive.
The artist formerly known as Maedhros.

|/^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ |______
|The Pimpmobile runs | |||'""|'"\___,
|over Bunny and Birdyl l||__|__|__|)
|(@)(@)"""""""""""""(@) (@)--------(@)
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

and I found that women like a man who doesn't talk much..they don't like it when you get in their faces.....

Oh, this is dead wrong. Women may be initially attracted to the silent types, but they are quickly put off by a guy who won't talk about anything, or only talks about sports. Women like talking in relationships, about their day, about their hair, and especially about feelings. Make sure you talk to them, and make sure you look interested when you talk. Keyword is look. Even if you couldn't care less about the words coming from their ever-opened mouth, pretend like its the most important thing in the world. Try to listen to some of it, and then repeat what she said at a later date. She will adore for actually listening to her.

no...it is better to simply ignore them.....why do you think they always go for the tough guys?? Because women need to be protected. They like the warriors types.....don't be all kind and friendly.....no give her a glare every now and then just to let her know who's domain she is in.....that will put her on the defensive.....THEN you lighten up by making a very manly joke....preferably one that makes someone else look bad and you good...or cool.......

I would strongly advise against following this advice

I would have to agree with Eldacar
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

Loki17 wrote:Women may be initially attracted to the silent types

I would have to disagree here, me being more or less "the silent type" I can attest that I have a lived a rather lonely life thus far... in fact, that has always been a disadvantage.

You want to make sure that you are social enough to indeed get into a conversation with that person. But starting a conversation purely with the intent of asking them out always ends up being akward at best, so its better to ease it in somewhere by leading up to it inside of a normal conversation. Finding "the moment" that is right for certain things like asking someone out is always the hard part and comes easier with time, via trial and error.

Anything else I'd add to this has pretty much already been mentioned, or hasn't come to mind yet.

Good luck, Fear!
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

I would have to disagree here, me being more or less "the silent type" I can attest that I have a lived a rather lonely life thus far... in fact, that has always been a disadvantage.

I meant the Strong, Silent, Mysterious type. They find it interesting that you are so secretive until they realize its really cause you have nothing to say, then you're up the creek without a paddle.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

I don't know Kreoss, maybe I've just had great luck in the past, but pick up lines (good ones) have usually worked quite well (they've backfired pretty badly though too :P , but not enough to fret about). Each to his own I suppose.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

I meant the Strong, Silent, Mysterious type. They find it interesting that you are so secretive until they realize its really cause you have nothing to say, then you're up the creek without a paddle.

Bingo - being somewhat secretive is fine, but you need to be capable of talking to them. If all else fails, just ask the basic questions like "how did the day go" and things like that - some girls are quite capable of giving you a two-hour rendition of the exact events they went through from the point where their alarm clock went off up to where they are now.

Oh, and pickup lines are only good when they're inventive - the corny ones are useless, and tend to get you laughed at.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

Loki17 wrote:I meant the Strong, Silent, Mysterious type. They find it interesting that you are so secretive until they realize its really cause you have nothing to say, then you're up the creek without a paddle.

I'm not *that* silent, geez.. I can have multiple hour long conversations without realizing it, but not with complete strangers/people I haven't known for a long time. But, uh, my point was that sure its mysterious and whatnot, but there's also a good chance that you'll never even get into a conversation with them if you're "silent and mysterious". They're more likely to talk speculation about why your so silent between themselves rather than ask you personally. Which is why you've got to start it yourself.

Hmm, that may have been rather unclear...

Oh, and pickup lines are only good when they're inventive - the corny ones are useless, and tend to get you laughed at.

The trick is knowing what's inventive and what isn't. It also depends on how you go about saying a pick-up line. I've seen occaisions where a lady thought the guy was rather bold by using a corny pick-up line, and got a date. Also depends on who your pitching it to, got to know your enemy so to speak.
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

In Germany I'd tell you:
"Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es."

The most important thing in real life social interaction is to be [i]honest[/]. Not only but to yourself, too. If you want to go dancing with this girl, be honest to yourself and go asking. If you want something: Tell it. Noone is helped if you hide all your wishes for you.
Nothing bad will happen. Believe me.
And you'll get used to it, sooner or later.
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Another idea is to wear a uniform. Chicks dig that.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Araveil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Araveil »

yes go say hi dressed as a policeman....sounds like a plan to me...lol
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

There's a lot of good advice here -- well, advice I agree with, that doesn't make it good :) -- so I have little to add. But am I going to? Of course I am.

I'm fully with Arq that simplicity does it. Confidence is important. At the moment, your knees will be shaking, your teeth will rattle, and your palms will sweat like you just met an overly friendly Saint-Bernard, but it's the same with a presentation in front of class: just do your thing, do it good, and make a graceful exit. Nothing will crank people's view on you as much as taking any answer with grace and tact.

What do I have to add? Location! The setting you are in is vital to how you ask someone out. You won't pull the same entrance at gala compared to a nightclub.

Again, what Arq said is what I'd suggest, and works in any most area.

Walk tall! ;)
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

My problem with what Arq said was that it's too simple. I enjoy zany schemes, so doing what he said wouldn't be my cup of tea. On the other hand, being blunt does serve its purpose.

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Frijoles Negros wrote:I like Arq's idea though. Should make her, or at least someone, laugh if you can keep a straight face.
Tell you all what, I'll try it tonight and Rork will let you know how I get on kay?

Fingol Darkwater wrote:My problem with what Arq said was that it's too simple. I enjoy zany schemes, so doing what he said wouldn't be my cup of tea. On the other hand, being blunt does serve its purpose.
I#ve got a tendancy to be wearing a pirate hat while doing these things, the straight face bluntness counterbalances the absurd clothing and hence throws them off balance.

Also: Ignore PoA's advice, it's bullshit. Tactics like that get you a rep as an asshole.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Archdukechocula
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Archdukechocula »

Women are like men. Each one is different. Genralities are useful only in so far as you want to recieve generic responses. The only suggestion I can make that in my experience has shown to be universally useful is to show that you are interested. And this is true in that women have to do this as well. Trying out all sorts of acts and gimmicks is a one way ticket to a failed relationship. You are who you are, and she will either like that, or she wont. You will only find out by showing interest. Ask her out again, simple as that. If she says she has plans, ask her what other time would work. If she continues to be evasive, chances are she isn't interested.

Sure, you could try out any number of things to impress her or make her laugh, but if you arent inherintely inclined towards such behavior, then she will quickly realize that she isnt really attracted to you, but was simply decieved by your earlier behavior. Unless you just want to screw, which may well be your intent (in which case my advice is rendred null and void) those kinds of tactics are doomed to failure. Just show your interest, and if she is interested, she will eventually reciprocate. Anything else is just deceptiveness. Also, just because she is hot doesn't necessarily indicate she would be a good girlriend, though obviously the two are not mutually exclusive (I can attest to that). Just be wary of confusing good looks with quality character, a mistake I find often seems to plague gamers and the like, something I find deliciously ironic. But again, if you just want to screw, I suppose it makes little difference, though I dont personally endorse that course of action.
"I'd never join any club that would have the likes of me as a member."
Thegamer4ever
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thegamer4ever »

just be ur self be confident and bite the bullet.

Funny works but deff chi8ll don't act to interested and teasing is always good. eye contact really works as long as u arn't givign her like crazy evil eyees or nethign just eye contact while talking.

But really key is bitign bullet gettign said no to isn't all that bad it sux at firs but every guys had it so nobody u'll give you hard time and theres always more.

Just if you don't want to be a friend make it clear b/c once your in the friend zone its like nearly impossible to get out until years later wen u've stopped talking
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

You know, whenever I come to think of it, asking here is a bad idea, because anyone will tell you how they think you should do it. there is no big secret. You should do it your way, how you feel most comfortable, really. That said, it is a bugger when you dont KNOW what to say, but just keep in mind that whatever "tricks" any of us feed you, they are OUR tricks, and works(or dont) for us. As an example may be the above argument: "silence, no silence".

But if you should go for somthing here, go arqs way, the simple one. Because its the most honest and openhearted.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

You should do it your way, how you feel most comfortable, really.

Just don't do it PoA's way.

Kergoth
Corsair

Post by Kergoth »

We are a race witch loves to plot and use extensive tactices howevre when it come to girls there is only one true tactic: The bolt, undisrupted orc way.

1) go over,
manouvre carefully into rigth position wait untill she is just alone or as alone as possible and then declare CHARGE!!!

2) talk...,
It doesn't matter where you're talking, fencing about. As long as you listen to what she says and reacts on it with you're own input its fine.BE PRESENT[ you're an orc] don't stare the whole time to her wonderfull eyes.It is the overal feeling of the conversation that is important (the combat resolution)

3) ask the question,
...(the lurking assasin/Black orc pops out...)

4) thank her ...
(round off with one finall joke/blow)

5) get out of LOS (for possible counter-charge)

6) start freeking ;)

What parent dare's to say that Warhammer is just a wast of money...
Frijoles negros
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Frijoles negros »

Arquinsiel wrote:
Frijoles Negros wrote:I like Arq's idea though. Should make her, or at least someone, laugh if you can keep a straight face.
Tell you all what, I'll try it tonight and Rork will let you know how I get on kay?

Fingol Darkwater wrote:My problem with what Arq said was that it's too simple. I enjoy zany schemes, so doing what he said wouldn't be my cup of tea. On the other hand, being blunt does serve its purpose.
I#ve got a tendancy to be wearing a pirate hat while doing these things, the straight face bluntness counterbalances the absurd clothing and hence throws them off balance.
You're going to try it on Rork? :P I'm pretty sure that isn't what you meant (or is it?), but that's how I feel like taking it. Pirate hats help. Always.

Eldacar wrote:
You should do it your way, how you feel most comfortable, really.

Just don't do it PoA's way.
PoA's way shouldn't be yours. Embrace how you aren't PoA. Reject his ways. Become one without the PoA way.
The artist formerly known as Maedhros.

|/^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ |______
|The Pimpmobile runs | |||'""|'"\___,
|over Bunny and Birdyl l||__|__|__|)
|(@)(@)"""""""""""""(@) (@)--------(@)
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Rork got tired and went back to his hotel room before the scoring runs started. Not that I did anything other than really weird out a couple of girls by talking about random crap and giggling insanely to myself. I think I'm a tad out of practice.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Kergoth, I have never heard the pick up technique broken up into warhammer turn phases.

If it works, you're the man. If it doesn't, you're a geek :P

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

PoA's way shouldn't be yours. Embrace how you aren't PoA. Reject his ways. Become one without the PoA way.

Okay, I'm really not sure how to respond to this. Although the point is to reject the theory he uses.

Black stride
Executioner

Post by Black stride »

There is nothing to be woried about if you would like to be with her just for the dance. Just ask her!!
When we had the last school dance in primary school I just asked a girl and she said she has to think about it. I thought she`ll be thinking for days but she came back in 2 minutes and said yes!!
Then at the dance, when we knew each other a little better she smiled at me and gave me a big hug....... !smile!

So just be who you are and don`t pretend to be a different person. You`ll know that she`s the right for you when you won`t even notice that you are thalking for 2 hours about a theme that is interesting for you both.

Good luck!
We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear.