Drinker or not?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Do you drink alchol

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 121

Child of bodom
Trainee Warrior

Post by Child of bodom »

I am 15 and I quite often drink, both alone and with others (mostly with others).

I drink beer as it is easy to buy, I also love martini.
Lucifer son of the mourning!
I'm gonna chase you out of earth! Max Romeo
Hruggek
Assassin

Post by Hruggek »

Every weekend - at least one litre of Beer and sometimes even local spirit that is something like Jagermeister - but worse and cheaper.
Mixes good with beer!
Sometimes (every once in a while) I like to cut in my beer-drinking with special shooter made from our local spirits - vodka and schnaps called "the Poison".
Fluff is cool, fluff is funny, fluff is nice. But fluff will put no dinner on your plate!
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

I'm only 15, but no, I don't. I don't have the excuse of not having anyone to drink with though, most people I know do a bit, and some quite a bit at parties here or there. My main reason is simply because every alchoholic drink I've tried (ok, so I've only sipped and sniffed, but I can get an idea of the taste) tasted pretty foul - either bitter, sour or seemingly pumped full of flavour. To a lesser extent, it's because I don't trust it, and I don't like the affects. I can understand to an extent, why some would find it helpful, especially at parties etc, but I personally see no upside to getting drunk, and since if I ever drank more than a sip I'd probably be gone, I can't be bothered to start. Milk is good for me! :P
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

To those non-drinkers. Bear in mind you don't have to drink to get drunk. There is a social side to drinking. That being wine with meals and a quite bear after work. Whilst its not neccesary and I am not trying you to force you to drink not doing so is like not being able to drink Tea/coffee. Problematic. Just saying, that drinking doesn't mean you need to binge drink. I drink frequently but rarely exsesively.

Not saying that not drinking is wrong, just saying it doesn't have to e binge drinking. If taste is what is holding you back then just have a bit every now and then untill you get used to it, if you wanna that is. Oh and not drinking at 15 is fine, its evenillegal round here ;)...
Pleased to be back
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Drinking socially is half the fun of drinking, it really adds to a meal or after a long fun day with mates discussing things and so on with a beer. Getting smashed in expensive as well, it's hard to afford and cos pubs are annoying about id hard to get enough as well. I've been given a bit to drink since i was quite young cos it makes you appreciated alcohol more and develop a taste for it, sadly the a bit has now gone and I'm still too young.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Cal: You'll have to grow up quickly! Infact do, put on a couple of years and bring your beautiful friends in to London. Can never have too many beautiful people about....
Pleased to be back
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

hell, you name it i'll drink it :D favorite is still beer and single malt though
In my hometown you were able to get a beer, if you where tall enough
to see over the bar...
Get them while there still young right.
but things change, even in holland they tighten the rules, you now have to be 16 to get yourself hammered in pubs.
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

In Denmark you have to be 16 to by alcohol at all, and 18 to be served in pubs. It is, by the way, a funny coincidence that you are allowed to drink and allowed to drive from the same day... :roll:
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

not doing so is like not being able to drink Tea/coffee.

I don't drink tea/coffee.

EDIT: By the way, for those who need to drink to "get respect", I've found that members of the opposite sex tend to respect me more when I'm the one taking care of drunken friends than when I'm one of the drunks. Shows responsibility, caring and all that jazz. Although if things are different for you, then go ahead and shoot yourselves in the foot.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Tenebrae
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Tenebrae »

Eldacar wrote: the way, for those who need to drink to "get respect", I've found that members of the opposite sex tend to respect me more when I'm the one taking care of drunken friends than when I'm one of the drunks. Shows responsibility, caring and all that jazz. Although if things are different for you, then go ahead and shoot yourselves in the foot.

I second this statement.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

cornixt wrote:You can drink without getting drunk, you know...

It was a joke referring to the students = drunkards stereotype.

In fact I only drink like 3 or 4 times (or 5... seldom 6 or 7... 10 maybe... uh ;)) per month and few of these occasions end with a comatose Cenyu (mostly it's 2 or 3 beers at a friend's or a party once per week or so. I can safely say I'm not addicted to the stuff).
Cornixt
Cold One Knight

Post by Cornixt »

It wasn't a comment aimed at you Cenyu, just at all the posts by people saying they don't drink because being drunk is bad. It's a bit like people who refuse to eat any chocolate because they think it will make them fat.
Mar-win
Highborn

Post by Mar-win »

I do drink, not overly much as I do it mostly for the social part, but well... KIDS, DON'T PLAY BUSDRIVER... (ever)
RasputinII wrote:FANTASTIC!

I LOVE IT SOO MUCH I AM USING CAPS - AND I HATE CAPS!
Darthwald
Warrior

Post by Darthwald »

If your addicted you've got a problem with alcohol. But for me sosially it's almost the best thing that could have happend on earth that can happen.
For all those people that say they don't like the taste of alcohol well my friend then have not drunk enough of it, it starts getting brilliant after one class, shot, beer, funnel whaterver you wanna drink it's always nice after one.
@Eldacar
They like you even more if you can still be the responsible one after being the boost the party needed with the boose.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Darthwald wrote:For all those people that say they don't like the taste of alcohol well my friend then have not drunk enough of it, it starts getting brilliant after one class, shot, beer, funnel whaterver you wanna drink it's always nice after one.

It's still pretty foul, even then. I think I prefer to pump money into my warhammer addiction ;).

A good portion of my family are drinkers (My uncle is an addict, unfortunately), and I see no good reason to get into it.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Archdukechocula
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Archdukechocula »

cornixt wrote:It wasn't a comment aimed at you Cenyu, just at all the posts by people saying they don't drink because being drunk is bad. It's a bit like people who refuse to eat any chocolate because they think it will make them fat.

I think you seriously misunderstood the comments people were making then. No one said that the only reason to drink is to get drunk. Most of the non-drinkers emphasized the fact that they dont like the taste (which pretty much eliminates drinking as a desirable social activity), and dont want to get drunk (which eliminates ignoring the taste in order to achieve a level of intoxication). It would be like someone not drinking coffee because they dont like the way it tastes and dont like its stimulative effect. There is nothing unreasonable about that. I think all the non drinkers recognize the social element. Indeed, as I said, I occasionally drink socially, because sometimes it's a social expectation. I at least was never suggesting an absolute personal prohibition. Rather, I offered an explanation for my choices.
"I'd never join any club that would have the likes of me as a member."
Durloth
Highborn

Post by Durloth »

I`m a student now, but I don`t drink nearly as much as I did ages fifteen to nineteen. But then alcohol and weed cost me a whole year in high-school. Then I discovered Warhammer and couldn`t afford such a high life (pun intended).

Now I like to take a beer or ten in good company but I seldom get really drunk more than once a month.

My favourites are beer (preferably bayer, a red darkish kind) and spirits made from anis (Pernod, Samboca, Raki, the legal kind of Absinth etc.) and whiskey.
...Some are born to sweet delight
Some are born to endless night...

My Dark Elf army: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=785039#785039

My general WFB plog: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190654
Kergoth
Corsair

Post by Kergoth »

Well, I started drinking out of an act off patriotisme... ;)

Four years ago, I heard a remark on the radio that the beermarket in Belgium was stagnating and that Poland was runing in as "most beer drinking country" in the world. So I was decided I had to do my part in the race.

Now, This year I'm 'Beerking' of my student group.

@ bellgium students: I don't know if come from Vlaanderen or Wallonië. But if you ever have the occasion, take a nice group of friends and go to the "24 heures de Louvain-la-neuve". It is after the 'Bayerische Bierfeste' the event wich consume the most quantity of beer in the world. :shock:
And all that in 24 houres...
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

My favorite is Vodka.

However, I do not drink as a certain medical condition forbids it.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Tykonda
Corsair

Post by Tykonda »

i dont drink that often but im all about the smoke, but when i do drink its all about the vodka best mixer in the world :D
Silverwarlock
Highborn

Post by Silverwarlock »

Eldacar wrote:EDIT: By the way, for those who need to drink to "get respect", I've found that members of the opposite sex tend to respect me more when I'm the one taking care of drunken friends than when I'm one of the drunks. Shows responsibility, caring and all that jazz. Although if things are different for you, then go ahead and shoot yourselves in the foot.

I definitely agree there, and that works whatever sex you are (guys going after drunken girls ... thats not respect or liking or any such thing :/ )

though I do drink and it is very much possible to drink and take care of the drunk, there is a huge margin between not drinking at all and getting hammered
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Eldacar wrote:EDIT: By the way, for those who need to drink to "get respect", I've found that members of the opposite sex tend to respect me more when I'm the one taking care of drunken friends than when I'm one of the drunks. Shows responsibility, caring and all that jazz. Although if things are different for you, then go ahead and shoot yourselves in the foot.

Good on you. It may be the immature teen in me talking, but when my buddies are wasted, cruel jokes ensue. Makes me look like a rebel, bad boy, and all that fun stuff.

In all honesty, it's tough for me to imagine a game of warhammer without rum, a guitar, and a reference to Borat or the pirate movie (and yes, my group has been known to forget to bring our miniatures :lol: ).
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

RasputinII wrote:Cal: You'll have to grow up quickly! Infact do, put on a couple of years and bring your beautiful friends in to London. Can never have too many beautiful people about....

Haha indeed.

I got given an early bday present by a mate today, weed. I don't actually do it but I think it tells me I need to change my image a bit lol.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

Yes indeed I do, although I never drink so much that I become a burden of my friends(ok, it happends maybe once or twice a year...). After a few years you know much you can take.

I mainly enjoy Beer/Ale and Whiskey. I can appreciate a drink every once in awhile but only if someone buys it for me :)

I also would like to add what has been said before ;
You dont have to get drunk every time you drink...

-

I got given an early bday present by a mate today, weed. I don't actually do it but I think it tells me I need to change my image a bit lol.

What a coincidence, mine too :D
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Stuhibiki
Warrior

Post by Stuhibiki »

I'm in the Navy so of course I drink and I just got back from Germany earlier this week. So um I'm not a big beer drinker, but I do have to say that German Beer is Awesome. Well I guess that will be my fix until I leave Kuwait in Feburary.