Drinker or not?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Do you drink alchol

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 121

Darthwald
Warrior

Drinker or not?

Post by Darthwald »

Just wondering how many of us drink alchol and how many doesn't and also what is your favourite drink?

I for one drink alchol in the form of brandy and coke.
My favourite is Oude Moulen 12 year Brandewyn
Lyhne
The Dane

Post by Lyhne »

Well, I don't as my parents wont allow me to do it :(
I'm 15 years old, but I dont have anyone to drink with anyway :|
+++Team Mulligans +++
Rorkie wrote:
Rork edit: Caps hurt my eyes. Don't hurt my eyes. If you do, I will hurt your soul.
Tenebrae
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Tenebrae »

You're in Denmark, 15 years old, and don't have anyone to drink with?!
I don't believe the words I'm reading!

Mind you, I don't drink either, by choice.
Unit strengths and bases are covered here.
Updates are here.
Darthwald
Warrior

Post by Darthwald »

Luhne aren't there always some sort of party on there in Denmark.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Darthwald wrote:Luhne aren't there always some sort of party on there in Denmark.

What? Where? Why wasnt I invited?

Seriously, AFAIK we holds a record as being hte country in which most young people drink. Or we came second, something like that.

I am a drinker. I like beer the most, though I have recently evolved a very unhealthy obsession with clear vodka...
Colcaz
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Colcaz »

Mmmm.... Beer....

I do go out drinking with mates of mine fairly frequently. We can get some very interesting looks from the other regulars if our conversations about the nature of Nagash and his dark art get too loud. 'tis fun!

If anything else, the goblin song makes sooo much more sense after a pint or five.

Fave drink? Ever heard of Cobra beer?

Colcaz
In time all things pass, like tears in rain
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

I'm a student. What do you think.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Savonarola
Highborn

Post by Savonarola »

I did drink beer, but cannot do any more (my viscera aint tolerate it any more, God knows why)

Wine is good, but takes some time to get to know and like it. Unfortunately, so many people try to look like "vine connaisseurs" today, as they believe they will look more professional in the business field, all of them wannabe managers, lol.

I was surprised about a year ago when i found (thanks to a friend) that excellent whisky is produced in Scotland. Till that time i preferred Irish whisky, but if you take time and travel through Scotland and dont mind wasting tons of money, you can get EXCELLENT single malt whiskys!!!

My favourite drink is anyways Slivovice (plum destilate, very strong, very often home made, at least in my country)

It is applicable to mention, however, that drinking alcohol is in a way dangerous. Especially for people who start to drink. If you cant help and want to start drinking alcohol, never do it alone and seek experienced supervision, providing you are of legal age, of course. I have seen more than 1 minor DEAD because of alcohol intoxication.
We hate what you hate. And we hate you. With eternal hatred!
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

I drink a lot, probably too much. In general I'll drink anything but favourites of mine are vodka and orange, jack daniels or other decent whiskey, good english beer, green (a mix of various stuff)
and wines from orvieto. Drinking alcohol is dangerous but god damn i love it, nothing beats it. Though alcopops are really dangerous, you can drink soo many and not realise it.

@Belial:
I think 2nd cos us english are the worst teenagers in europe apparently and I think we top the tables.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Savonarola wrote:It is applicable to mention, however, that drinking alcohol is in a way dangerous. Especially for people who start to drink. If you cant help and want to start drinking alcohol, never do it alone and seek experienced supervision, providing you are of legal age, of course. I have seen more than 1 minor DEAD because of alcohol intoxication.

I think this should be stressed aswell in this thread.

I forgot to mention Jägermeister.

Cal wrote:I think 2nd cos us english are the worst teenagers in europe apparently and I think we top the tables

I thought it was something like that :P
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Belial. wrote:Seriously, AFAIK we holds a record as being hte country in which most young people drink. Or we came second, something like that.

I know the record for the heaviest drinkers in the world is held by Belgian students. There's a saying at international student conventions: 'Never follow a Belgian guy in his glass'.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
- human
Adept of Khaine

Post by - human »

I'm a student. What do you think.

Ditto.

Love the rum & coke. Beer's good too. ;)
- Human
Archdukechocula
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Archdukechocula »

Nope. Don't much like the taste and I don't see any appeal in drunkeness, though I can appreciate the appeal of a buzz. Life is quite enjoyable as is, and as an added benefit, I retain my coordination, my sensibility, and I never wake up covered in vomit and/or piss. Also, alchohol tends to make me sleepy. I do like the occasional Bailey's and cream however, because it doesn't seem to have that effect, and the alchohol is weak enough that I can taste the rest of the drink. I will also drink socially once in a blue moon, just because it's a social expectation in a great many places, though I have never been drunk, nor will I ever be if I can help it.
"I'd never join any club that would have the likes of me as a member."
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

No. Although I am only 15, I know a few people that drink a bit and are my age, and to me its stupid.

Sean
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

Hell, yes, I do drink. Nostly beer (almost on a daily basis) but I'm not stranger to a harder drink...

my Last.fm page in case anyone is interested...
Tacklbry
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tacklbry »

Generally good single malt or good ale is my choice. I don't tend to drink to excess, but there have been some times.

Usually when the quality of what I drink goes down, the quntity goes up.
I like dwarfs, their skin makes fine boots. :twisted:
Girathon
Cold One Knight

Post by Girathon »

Straight Jack Daniel's for me. Or beer. Or Grey Goose Vodka.

Cheers,

Girathon

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Don't touch anything stronger than coffee.

Though I suspect my parents of spiking that.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Don't touch anything weaker than coffee. :p

Seriously, I'm not a frequent drinker. On the other hand, I can empty a flask of gin on an evening, no problem. Barnet's Finest Dry Gin for me!

Beer's good, too, though I prefer to drink beer with others. Don't know why.

Wine is so-so. I'm not much for the white, and it depends on the red, but heck.

Nah, I'll go with gin-tonic. Or gin-cola. Or gin-water. Or gin-gin. ;)
Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

Post by Lord hajjij »

I don't drink as heavily as I used to (I dont think it is possible really to continue what I did to myself in college) but I'm still known to tip back a Bass, T&T, or my personal favorite, shots of Patron
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
Lyhne
The Dane

Post by Lyhne »

Tenebrae wrote:You're in Denmark, 15 years old, and don't have anyone to drink with?!
I don't believe the words I'm reading!

As I said, I dont have anyone to drink with, which means I have no friends, except for one who doesnt have any intentions of ever touching alcohol...
+++Team Mulligans +++
Rorkie wrote:
Rork edit: Caps hurt my eyes. Don't hurt my eyes. If you do, I will hurt your soul.
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Damnation wrote:'Never follow a Belgian guy in his glass'.

I second that. My favourite beers are Westmalle Tripple, Leffe Tripple and Hougaerden. For all non-Belgians, you really don't know what you miss.

As for the heavier stuff, I like Highland Park single malt very much..
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Stretch_135
Warrior

Post by Stretch_135 »

Rum (either white or gold), Southern Comfort, Vodka or Bailey's. And just a quick tip...never, ever drink all of these in one night. Ever.
Dargor
Dark Rider

Post by Dargor »

Pale lager, of the cheap Danish sort that Norwegian kids buy en masse and consume in great quantities to get drunk without actually having to taste that it's beer they're drinking (Tuborg).
I still hate signatures
Innocent greed
Trainee Warrior

Post by Innocent greed »

I'm in love with beer (they are quite good in austria) and i also drink a few Jägermeister (most of the time 10 small ones, for all the 'Die toten Hosen' fans out there). I also like a good scotish whiskey or a nice gin from time to time