Drinker or not?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Do you drink alchol

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 121

Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Good on you. It may be the immature teen in me talking, but when my buddies are wasted, cruel jokes ensue. Makes me look like a rebel, bad boy, and all that fun stuff.

Psh. You get laughed at by sober people when drunk at more or less any age. It isn't just the teenage years - there's much more ahead of you.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Balthamael
Cold One Knight

Post by Balthamael »

danceman wrote:You dont have to get drunk every time you drink...

Hehe. When I've had more than enough to drink, I seem to crave beer even more then before I started. ;)
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

So many Beer Connesuirs here... and here I was thinking Australians were the undisputed King's of Beer (Not at its creation, but its consumption).

Anyways- I enjoy Beer. and Wine- Spirits when I'm feeling in the mood. My nickname in 12th Grade was 'Rummy'... though, I actually never drank rum (I detest the taste- filty, cheap drink!).

I can be prone to doing some stupid things while under the influence- nothing crazy, but I do have a problem with stopping once I've started, mainly with spirits. Occassionally I will get so drunk I don't actually know what I'm doing anymore, I just float around without any control.

After going through that a few times (isn't depression fun), I have since stopped drinking heavily, and now rarely drink more then a 6 pack or 2.

Cask of Wine: AU$9.99
Playing 'Goon of Fortune': Priceless.
Adarachir
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Adarachir »

I drink. But never enough to impaire me. I stay sober.

My fav drink is beer(Budweizer(spl?), Ringnes and Tuborg), Tequila, and wine in various sorts(not to fond of red though).
Deyr fè
Deyr frendr
Deyr sjallfr id sama.
Ein ordsirri deyr aldregi
Vem ein sehr godan getr.
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Eldacar wrote:
Good on you. It may be the immature teen in me talking, but when my buddies are wasted, cruel jokes ensue. Makes me look like a rebel, bad boy, and all that fun stuff.

Psh. You get laughed at by sober people when drunk at more or less any age. It isn't just the teenage years - there's much more ahead of you.

Its only cos they're not cool enough, people who don't drink at parties and then go laugh at people cos they got drunk and did nothing really piss me off.

It's my bday and theres a party I'm going to 2moz which ain't mine so I'll be getting pissed these 2 nights for sure.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

DancingPigeon wrote:and here I was thinking Australians were the undisputed King's of Beer (Not at its creation, but its consumption).

Odd. I'd have said that was me.

Adarachir wrote:Tuborg

Wow... I had no idea people actually liked that... But shy not; it's danish after all :)
Eluiasur
Shade

Post by Eluiasur »

I like beer, or lagger mostly heineken and stuff, though my usual drink is vodka, mix half the vodka bottle in half orange juice botlle, u got urself enough drink for the night! just carry it around and dont let asnybody else touch it, they can have the crappy manzana r smthin...lol. in spain this summer some freinds had absinth which is pretty cool to (just dont drink to much ;)). if u live anywhere in europe and havnt drunk any alcohol ure just lying u dont live in europe lol, i mean even 3 year olds get beer... or wine (to go to sleep and such r just to taste) so at 15...ure kidin me man...
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Its only cos they're not cool enough, people who don't drink at parties and then go laugh at people cos they got drunk and did nothing really piss me off.

What, so people aren't worthy of anything just because they choose not to get themselves drunk and find the antics of those who are drunk amusing? There are other things to life than just getting plastered, you know. And "being cool enough" sounds a lot like simply fitting in with everybody else to get some social status. Which means absolutely nothing in the long run.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Eluiasur
Shade

Post by Eluiasur »

For some people who have a rough patch, im thinking specificly of people in the IB program (if you know what that is), which some of my freinds are in, they have life hard for a couple years and then get into an awesome college(more or less). During those painful years i think it justified that they get "plasered" to get rid of the anxiety and start fresh a couple times per semester. Its definetly not a long term fix, on the long term it can be quite devastating, and it all maters on the frequency of the drinking, and to pay attention (and this is actually relatively hard i admit) to not pick up bad habits...an example first say u only drink on weekends, then mondays tuesdays ect ... though this is exagerated because the effects and addiction to alchohol takes years to come fully in effect. Its still actually very hard to tell the difference i between each time you drink.A better example: my dad aslmost became alcoholic because, as french people do (i am french) at dinners especialy buisness dinners and such you order a botlle of wine or the like, and if you start having a lot of diners like that you end up an alcoholic(honestly a cuple glasses a day), even though its a completly natural and considered a normal custom.
Thisisntnotjt
Cold One Knight

Post by Thisisntnotjt »

I drink on occasion. I enjoy a fine Riesling with dinner, typically.
meh...
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

EluiAsur wrote:For some people who have a rough patch, im thinking specificly of people in the IB program (if you know what that is), which some of my freinds are in, they have life hard for a couple years and then get into an awesome college(more or less). During those painful years i think it justified that they get "plasered" to get rid of the anxiety and start fresh a couple times per semester

IMO, no sort of work thats hard justifies drinking. I have quite a few friends doing IB, and it doesn't excactly gets easier with alcohol.
Thisisntnotjt
Cold One Knight

Post by Thisisntnotjt »

IB? Is this school related?
meh...
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

No the thread, no. Not necesarily. IB is school realted.
Lord ruerl of harganeth
Beastmaster
Location: Searching Ulthuan for my wife's murderer (New Zealand actually)

Post by Lord ruerl of harganeth »

Alchahol clouds the mind. I haven't ever drunk it. I can't even drink non alcaholic beer. THe smell just puts me off. Same with coffe. Lift plus is nice, very nice.
"Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, I will have my Venegance"
Phryziel
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Phryziel »

Beer <3

It can be said that simple.
Oh, and Belial I wanna go to the party too!
"No - no more questions. No more worship. Time to run - time to scream - time to die... "

Belial is forcing me to be active - Send help!
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Phryziel: See you on friday then. But if you wanted to tell me, why not use messenger?;)
Sv_harlequin
Assassin

Post by Sv_harlequin »

Snakebite & Black for me but I also like proper beers/lagers (I only drink snakebite and black when in gothing it up)
So stuff like Peroni, San Miguel, Cobra, Tiger, Ashai, Anything from Wychwood Breweries who do very fine Beers and Ales like HobGoblin, Black Wych, WychCraft Ale.

Also like my Spirits on occasion, a nice Gin & Tonic or pims whilst relaxing or Żubrówka Vodka (Bison Grass)
Mal: Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right.
Darigaaz
Black Guard

Post by Darigaaz »

cider man myself
can't beat a good jack daniels though
"I am hatred, darkness and despair".
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

SV_Harlequin wrote:Snakebite & Black for me but I also like proper beers/lagers (I only drink snakebite and black when in gothing it up)
Somehow I am not supprised. I have fond memories of snakebites. And puking. Then more snakebites.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Sv_harlequin
Assassin

Post by Sv_harlequin »

Arquinsiel wrote:
SV_Harlequin wrote:Snakebite & Black for me but I also like proper beers/lagers (I only drink snakebite and black when in gothing it up)
Somehow I am not supprised.

And why's that? :D

Actually I've founf Vimto instrad of BlackCurrent or the classier Snakebite & Black has a better taste to it that the Student stuff.
Mal: Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Can I ask what snakebite is? Never heard of it before, but I am interested to try, since you talk fondly of it.
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

A university student... Go figure :)

As for what I like, beer is good, although a lot of vodkas are good too :D

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Rugi
Noble
Location: probably still burried under snow after a failed backflip attempt

Post by Rugi »

Jägermeister

I love it also but my favorite drink is called "borovničke". It`s made from bilberry`s but it is not a brandy.

On the other hand the worst drink I have ever drunk was Vodka. I just hate it!!
Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

I drink and I know I'm not an alcoholic because I still manage too be sober more than I am drunk.

My favourite beverage is bourbon and coke followed by that Czech beer Orangeboom(however it's spelt)

[quote=] and here I was thinking Australians were the undisputed King's of Beer (Not at its creation, but its consumption).[/quote]

I think not. Come across the ditch and see what real drinking is.
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Periodically.. I like to party, but don't drink nearly as much as I did when I was say.. fifteen! :shock:

I'm up for a pint as they say, socially though!

Fr0