Saw Dragonforce last Thursday

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Niterabbit
Rabbit Solitaire
Location: Posing as a member of Team Shenanigans, or with Rork, Loki, DP, Cal, Silas, Geo, and Morn

Saw Dragonforce last Thursday

Post by Niterabbit »

Well, it's been a long time coming but today is the first chance I've had to get to a computer in awhile. So...yeah, I went to see Dragonforce live at the London Astoria and had an amazing time. Both the main and supporting bands (Firewind, All That Remains) performed really well and, though inter-band antics were severely lacking at the last show on the tour, I really enjoyed the music and was quite happy to sacrifice my hearing for a couple of days.

I arrived an hour ahead of schedule, got some dinner, and then stood in the queue for a surprisingly short time, all things considered...about 45 minutes. I managed to get inside in the middle of the Firewind show and stood back listening, as well as making a mental note to buy CDs later as my collection of music is somewhat lacking at the moment. There was a pause while All That Remains tuned up and played their show, which I wasn't too keen on, although the energy that was flowing at that concert more than made up for it. Finally, Dragonforce played their set, accompanied by much water throwing, random swearing and banter, and singing my throat hoarse. The only disappointment was that Vadim did not play his usual (by now, famous, thanks to YouTube) keyboard solo involving the Simpsons theme tune, but it didn't really matter in the end.

Admittedly, I was rather crunched in my attempt to move near the stage and had trouble breathing so I had to move back farther, but it's actually better to be further back if you want to get a good view of the stage. Being in the middle isn't great for that sort of thing, especially if everyone next to you is taller than you. Up close or a bit far back is much better.

So, after singing myself hoarse and destroying my voice for the next few days, I go to sleep tired but very, very happy, and with another mental note: learn how to project high tenor notes.
Damnation wrote:If you're too tired to read your codex, you're too tired to post.
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Post by Moridin_nae'blis »

luckyyyyyy... I love that band. Good stuff. I would love to go see them in concert and I missed them the last time they were in Phoenix.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Same on the crushing happened to me at Blind Guardian. Metal shows in general are becoming like that. But sounds like you had fun which is all that matters.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Devoured_mazarine
Beastmaster

Post by Devoured_mazarine »

Never seen dragonforce, but I saw firewind once a year or so ago. They are quite good actually.
It seems like a lot of people don't like it when it is extremely crowded and people start to "crunch" into eachother, in my opinion that's quite important... I wonder why that is.
/Mazarine

Devoured_Mazarine's army blog
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=60598
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

Yep, the nearer you get to the stage, the more pushing and crushing happens. I saw Iron Maiden last year and I was in the 2nd or 3rd row at best in front of the stage. It was pretty wild, but fun anyhow :)

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++