Second Edition Fantasy Models.

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kfpm
Executioner

Second Edition Fantasy Models.

Post by Kfpm »

I've recently come into possesion of the following (all second edition models and OOP):

Some High Elven cavalry,
Around twenty Wardancers,
Some Deamonettes (i think).
Witch elves (Wearing Armour!)
A dragon,

I was wondering if anyone knows how mcuh they are worth? I wouldn't actually sell them because they were a gift, it would just be nice to know i possibly have some rare models. :D
Of course in this place every exit is also an entrance! Giggity gig gig ga-goo!
Taint
Dark Rider

Post by Taint »

I dont think they will actually be worth that much. They may well become more valuable in the future- if i had your palm i'd read it for you.

I think the only eople you might get a good ammount of money from is fanatical aged gamers who have a thing for bad models. But those are bragging rights dude, how many people can say they have got 2nd edition models, spot on man.
'Trust is the first casualty of war.' The words had barely parted his lips when he died upon his brothers sword.
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

If they have slottabases, they date from third edition Warhammer at the earliest (and it sounds like they do, since there were no Wardancers during second edition Warhammer).

In my considerable experience (I make a living selling such things) on a good day, models from that era sell at roughly the same price as models sold individually by GW through their Archive Service (that is $4.00-$5.00 USD per infantry model). There are always exceptions for individual models that are considered more rare, or that have a specific appeal to collectors.

The Imperial Dragon model (sometimes called the "Chicken Dragon") is particularly sought-after and sells into the thousand dollar range. The "Chicken Dragon" is HUGE and has skeletal wings with a paper template to fill in the wing area.
Lyhne
The Dane

Post by Lyhne »

Can you give me some pictures ? I would like to see how models looked back then :)
Especially the dragon!

-Lyhne
+++Team Mulligans +++
Rorkie wrote:
Rork edit: Caps hurt my eyes. Don't hurt my eyes. If you do, I will hurt your soul.
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

Here is the dragon, doesn't look all that bad really but then it is apparently huge. That site has pretty much all the old models on it.
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

That is actually one of my favorite Dragon sculpts ever :D Nice catch!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Kfpm
Executioner

Opps

Post by Kfpm »

Seems i misisnterpreted the dragon :(. a Staff Member has informed me its infact some kind of lizardmen serpent of some kind, oh well, now i know how much the Imperial one is worth ill keep an eye out for some fool selling it cheap. :P
Of course in this place every exit is also an entrance! Giggity gig gig ga-goo!
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

You've got a Coatl I'm guessing then, more of a snake with wings?
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Heldrak wrote:If they have slottabases, they date from third edition Warhammer at the earliest (and it sounds like they do, since there were no Wardancers during second edition Warhammer).

My Bugman's Rangers might be 3rd Edition (although that's debatable to be honest... they might be 2nd Edition...), but my old Imperial Dwarfs are actually 1st or 2nd Edition, however, even back then models still had the tag that fits into the slottabases, only back then they were circular bases in a long rectangle with built into slots for the circlular bases. Brilliant bases...

As to your models, don't ever sell them. Period. Instead, just show them off and say "neh-neh-neh-neh-neh!" towards your friends and opponents, use the models, and if anyone complains about them, just say "Well, they're STILL Games Workshop models!" :D
Old models... gotta love 'em.
Back From Druchii Hiatus