Best SNES game.

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tony mason
Executioner

Best SNES game.

Post by Tony mason »

The other day I was bored and my computer had crashed so with nothing to do I brought out the old SNES (super nintendo) blew out the dust and played it all day, suprisingly it was the most fun I've had in ages, i played chrono trigger for 4 hours non stop, and finished every cup in Mario Kart, which brings me to my question.

What is your favorite SNES game and why

(i would put a poll up but there are to many good games to list.)
Waerik
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Waerik »

Hmm, that would be either Chrono Trigger or FF6
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Probably Link to the Past, because lets face it the game was fabulous in every single way :P. Great RPG and back in the day took me absolutely ages to finish.

Oh and Probotector as well :P.
Tony mason
Executioner

Post by Tony mason »

yer i reckon SNES had some of the best RPG's ever chrono is my favorite game of all time.
- human
Adept of Khaine

Post by - human »

LOL when i saw the thread title on the front page i immediately thought Chrono Trigger and Mario Kart. Small world!

CT is the best RPG ever.
- Human
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Mario Kart.

Always Mario Kart. Awesome game both on the snes and the N64. Hours of fun in multiplayer :D.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Damnosus
Highborn

Post by Damnosus »

I always loved mario kart-simply brilliant. The three donkey kongs were also really really fun.
Elros
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Elros »

I agree with everyone about MarioKart. Newer games may have better graphics, but the basic gameplay of the SNES (and original NES, for that matter) still hold up. Just follow the formula of adrenaline-pumping competition with solid controls. Who cares what the resolution is, as long as it is fun!
- human
Adept of Khaine

Post by - human »

Almost forgot about another amazing multiplayer game. Super Bomberman 2! When you have the 4-controller extension, it's the best aprty game imaginable.
- Human
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

My vote is also going to go to Chronotrigger. I even spent all the time to go through and beat the game every way possible to get every single ending. Mario Kart was also great. As for fighting games, there was Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, which were probably the best in the series.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Hawk
Beastmaster

Post by Hawk »

Multiplayer: Mario Kart

Singleplayer: Zelda - A link to the past

No question about it
Pierce him with a thousand bolts! Slice him into a million bits! Smash his head into a bloody pulp! I don't care! Just bring me the damn cake!
Ninja economist
Warrior

Post by Ninja economist »

FF5, Chrono Thrigger, Super Metroid and of course Zelda.
Archdukechocula
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Archdukechocula »

Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat 2, Final Fantasy 3 (or 6 or whatever the hell it "really" is), and Chrono Trigger are all my top games. Of those 4, Mario Kart and Mortal Kombat 2 got by far the most playtime, probably thousands of hours each heh.
"I'd never join any club that would have the likes of me as a member."
Valorian the merciless
Beastmaster

Post by Valorian the merciless »

zelda, clay fighter and of course PARODIUS!!
...I'm the king....
...the master of parody...
...Rejoice...
...for the writing continues...
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Valorian the Merciless wrote:of course PARODIUS!!

Heh, I had the gameboy version of that. Much fun was to be had :D.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

I managed to pick one up in excellent condition at a yard sale last summer. It came with the 2 games that I always loved on it: Super Mario World and Mario Kart. Awesome stuff.

Super Bomberman was also the mutts nuts. Alas, I never got to experience Chrono Trigger :(
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

I only ever played Super Mario All-Stars, as far as classics go. I'd say if I'd gotten to play Zelda, I'd have liked it. LOADS!
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Quatters
Executioner

Post by Quatters »

No need to say Chronotrigger as everyone else is giving it enough love, but FF6, MArio Kart, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island(still the best two platformers ever) were also brilliant games.
But the more obscure Mother (Earthbound in America) was gold. A bit hard for some people to get into, it was a very quirky RPG set in a modern day world. Brilliant sense of humor, huge areas, great characters and an expansive storyline made it one of my favourite RPGs ever. I highly reccommend it and rate it up with CT and FF^.
MOTHERBOY!!!!!!!!!!
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

I don't know why, but I've always been a really big fan of F-Zero.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Quatters wrote:No need to say Chronotrigger as everyone else is giving it enough love, but FF6, MArio Kart, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island(still the best two platformers ever) were also brilliant games.
But the more obscure Mother (Earthbound in America) was gold. A bit hard for some people to get into, it was a very quirky RPG set in a modern day world. Brilliant sense of humor, huge areas, great characters and an expansive storyline made it one of my favourite RPGs ever. I highly reccommend it and rate it up with CT and FF^.

Aye, I loved Earthbound, probably my second favorite RPG after CT. Also, I would give some credit to Super Mario RPG. While many will discredit it as not serious enough and too childish, it was the game that got me into playing RPGs.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Quatters
Executioner

Post by Quatters »

Loki17 wrote:
Quatters wrote:No need to say Chronotrigger as everyone else is giving it enough love, but FF6, MArio Kart, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island(still the best two platformers ever) were also brilliant games.

Aye, I loved Earthbound, probably my second favorite RPG after CT. Also, I would give some credit to Super Mario RPG. While many will discredit it as not serious enough and too childish, it was the game that got me into playing RPGs.

Also the fact that it required more action in combat than other RPGs did.
Also Mario PWNs, I wish that the DS version was as good as Super Mario RPG.
MOTHERBOY!!!!!!!!!!
Tykonda
Corsair

Post by Tykonda »

alright i cant believe this! i love chrono trigger, my brother wipped the snes out yesterday and started playing, so i spent all last night playing anyways, im stuck on a certain boss hes from the time period where you first get teleported hes like some lord of evil anyways 3 best games: chronotrigger, front mission and E.V.O. i just got on because i spent all day playing E.V.O and front mission. The basic idea of E.V.O is really cool, you start as a fish and work your way up the evolutionary food chain until your human at the dawn of man, eat stuff to evolve! front mission is a pure classic, giant robot rpg like FF tactics. also dont forget blizzards lost vikings that game was awesome.
Quatters
Executioner

Post by Quatters »

Are you talking about Magus? The guy who turned Kareu into a frog?
X-slash him to hell!
Best move against him.
If you still struggle, adventure around and level up.
MOTHERBOY!!!!!!!!!!
Tony mason
Executioner

Post by Tony mason »

I think SNES had the best gamplay of any console, newer consoles (e.g Ps3, 360) have vastly supperior graphics, sound multiplayer etc, but no new game has entertained me for as long as chrono and other SNES games.
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

I dunno, I liked my NES a lot. I still remember playing Digger T. Rock (I think it was called) for ages and ages, that game is so bloody addictive. Super Mario Bros. 3 rocked the pants too.

SNES was cool, but I didn't get a chance to play many of the RPG's on it much due to them being so rare in my area (Australia didn't get many in the first place, and I lived in rural Australia). I can't actually remember any SNES games I enjoyed as much as those NES games. The Donkey Kong Country games were fun, as was Yoshi's Island. I played one of the FF's, but can't remember what one.
Venkh wrote:But then if wishes were fishes, Id be captain birdseye.