Milton Friedman

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Milton Friedman

Post by Langmann »

It seems like time just keeps going by faster and faster every day. Getting older and when looking at the people of "substance" today its hard to find real genius. Who will define our society when we're old? Hopefully not silly Hollywood actors or certain flakey musicians.

Another great mind has died, Milton Friedman. He revived classical liberalism, fought for human rights, and won a Nobel Prize.

Died of heart failure. (Though, Dr. Friedman would hate the word "failure" as markets always clear, never fail ;) so instead perhaps he died of a contraction of the supply curve.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Friedman

RIP
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

I never expect to hear this. Milton Friedman is a guy close to my heart. Years are spent in university learning his economic theories. I am very sadden by the news and i am going to inform all my professors right away.

thx langmann for the info
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

So long as we don't add a "Friedman or Keynes" poll ;)

Agree that there seem to be fewer towering intellects these days. Whether you agree with them or not we need them.

cheers
Sha'a'alaar
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

RIP indeed, we were just begining to learn about him to in Liberalism. Makes the subject a little more active now though.
RIP again
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Those towering figures nowadays have very little influence; their words are twisted by media and politics, and those subjects that do not suffer as much from it (e.g. Maths) aren't exactly gaining in public interest either. Science just isn't a one-man's story anymore.

But I'm sure that, when we look back at 'our' days in X years, there will be those figures in history, and we will have known them, we will simply not have realised at the time.

First Greenspan leaves the Fed, and now Friedman passes away... we're running out of famous economists. Who's next--Nash?

With Friedman, an active and capable mind left the world, and that's always too soon.