Forest Goblins?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Forest Goblins?

Post by /\\//\ »

I am thinking about collecting a themed Savage Orc and Forest Goblin army after Dark Elves. However, after flicking through the Orc and Goblin army book I've seen that there are no such things as Forest Goblins anymore :( (Although there are still Spider Riders in the Savage Orc list.) In past editions were there any special rules for Forest Goblins or will normal Goblins do just fine?
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

There are rules for special types of goblins in the 2003 chronicles

Bye
Lord Thalack
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

There is just one problem with the special gobbos in WA2003, there are no forest gobbos. You could use nightgobbos and doom divers as forest goblins cause they used to drug them selves with spider poison, as such fanatics and doom divers would represent this aspect well, and you could use wolf riders as spider riders.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

I expect I could convert normal goblins to be Forest Goblins and Spider Riders. However, where can I get good giant spider models? Personally I thought the old forest goblin spiders looked stupid!
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

There are WHFB spider models, although how good they look is anyone's guess-I have never seen them put together-they don't look too awful in the packaging though.
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Vraneththecruel
Noble

Post by Vraneththecruel »

u might be able to convert tyranid gaunts. just a thought.
Last edited by Vraneththecruel on Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar is kind of hypocritical isnt it?
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Thanks for all the input. I have decided that I will use the spiders on the Games-workshop store. I searched for them and it came up with only a few spiders and riders. Does this mean this is all they have or do they have other kinds?
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

they never made many different ones