3 Way Battle (O&G, DE, Chaos)

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Elánduil
Highborn

3 Way Battle (O&G, DE, Chaos)

Post by Elánduil »

Hi i'm an o&g player and I was just wondering what you guys think of my list. On sunday morning (saturday evenining for some ppl) I'll be havina a three way battle against chaos and de. it's 1500pts each side and the guy who wins is the guy who killed the most points worth. I'm gonna leave the chaos dude alone and head for the de player.

One of the dude's is a dark elf player :evil: and he'll probably take something along the lines of, some spearmen, corsairs, will definately take some executioners and will take a chariot with noble in it oh and a dude on a flying thing and did i mention some RBTs?.

now i plan to attack him with 4 goblin chariots - :twisted: impact hits :twisted: (if he has spearmen i'm screwed :( ), 4 units of goblin wolf riders (spears) flanking units, 2 units of orc boyz, have a black orc big boss with 'heabutt, (which means in challenges, he get's one strike before all other strikes are made and is made with killing blow :P . this will hopefully deal with the old pegusus/manticor threat ) and he rides in a chariot. those are my three special, then i'll take a night goblin shaman as protection with 2 dispell scrolls and upgraded to lvl2, so i get nice defence hopefully :twisted: . then i'm gonna have some snotlings bases :D :D :D - great for holding up those stupid chaos ppl. then just as a tryout i'm gonna have a unit of 3 river trolls.

anywayz what you think???
15 Orc Boar Boyz: 270
Full Command: 38
Warbanner: 25
Realising they still can't kill Chaos Knights: Priceless

There are some things points can't do, for everything else there's Chaos...
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

I'm gonna move this to Non Druchii Discussion. You'll porbably get a lot more replies there

Bye
Lord Thalack
Kel'sulthanus
Shade
Location: At my current point in space and time in my body, Humourous Humanus

Post by Kel'sulthanus »

tsk tsk tsk. If I were you, I would not be so ready to go all out against the dark elves because you will most likely be sorry for it. I would recommend waiting until set up to decide who you should attack. Because if you end up sandwiched in the middle play it defensive. Because if you end up going against just one of them you are going to get ganged up on as the chaos player is going to make quick work of whatever you have holding his forces up, and the DE player will use everything he has against you if you are going all out against him.
And here is where we get in to the inherent problem with 3 way battles. You cannot have a fair three way battle. It will always end up being 2 people against one. There is just nothing else to be had. Especially in a game like warhammer. Because if you be fair and hurt one person one turn, then the other the next, you will already have given the other player an advantage over the other and there by weakening his chances.
My advice would be to get another player and have a 4 player 2 way battle. Or take turns playing each other one on one. But whatever you decide good luck.
"There are few people whom I truly Love, even fewer whom I think well of. The more I see of the world the more I am dissatisfied with it." Jane Austin
If you feel like joining an army click every 24hrs! http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=256651
Elánduil
Highborn

hmm...

Post by Elánduil »

i hear what you're saying and i don't like it :evil: . last time i played a three way battle with my mates, it went great! like i said, it wasn't a fact of who has most dudes left standing. it's all about who get's more points worth of kills. i went after the bretonnian player - he naturally came back after me and then the de player went for the both of us! he felt left out because it's done on who kills most points and he couldn't get into close combat. surely it would be more effective to kill some chaos warriors from the rear and then get the points for them. i wasn't asking for help about whether or not to play a threeway battle, i was asking for help with my army list.[/code]

Jargobae
Terror of the South

Post by Jargobae »

hey gareth you stooge

sorry everyone here at druchii net but i happen to be the druchii player he is playing against on sunday. Im very glad to know what youll be taking against me gareth. Isnt this all very interesting :D

well just for your guys sake ill write up a small summar after the battle about what had happened and what he really took.

Sorry to turn this to a debate about 3 way battles but they are VERY fair in my opinion and especially the way we play. The last one that i played was me, o+g, and bretts and i sett up a hugely defensive possition with 2 spearmen units, execs(luvem), RxBowmen and Rbt's and due to the rules i had only lost i think about 250 pnts at the end(2000 pt battle) whilst the other 2 had less than that left however Scarzag came out on top in the end because him and the brettonian player didnt like the look of my position so proceeded to slaughter each other and get heaps of points by doin so.

I snagged a draw though thanks entirely to a noble on a pegasus and a spearmen unit with my general in it. Yes it was a wierd place to put him but in tht unit he had protection and was in the middle of my army deployment.

They went on a lone charge by themselves and between them killed(correct me if im wrong gareth) a unit of 40 knight goblins, 1 goblin shaman, 2 units of 25 men at arms, a unit of knights of the realm and 7 grail knights inckuding a Bsb and another paladin.

Oh and my assasin and chariot killed some orcs on the other side of the battlefield as well?

So you see 3 way battles are fair and kikass!!!!!!! :D
Do you hate Malekith?

Are you interested in seeing the overthrow of his incompetence to be replaced by a system capable of taking Ulthuan back??

Join the spirit of Lakulei today - PM me now!
Elánduil
Highborn

Post by Elánduil »

amen! and nocky you're the stooge you stooge! in all fairness you have no idea what i'm gonna take :) :P :D ! only taddy knows it and btw today / tomorrow (saturday to be precise) we're going to gw to get some guys and movement trays. i've lined up some things i wanna get. anywayz, cya on sunday morning - stooge :!:

Elánduil
Highborn

Post by Elánduil »

oh and i'm gonna buy a white dwarf, i'll buy you one aswell and then you can pay me back :D

Falahk
Night Goblin

Post by Falahk »

if you are a dark elf player in this senary get a hydra

if you are a o&g plaer get 29 night gobbos with full comand,spears and
3 fantics

and a night gobbo big bos with great weapon, light armour, mad cop muchrooms (in the gobbo unit of corse
SWFBR- Swedish Warhammer Tournament Calendar, Ranking and Forum