Help on graphics card.

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord malek
Beastmaster

Help on graphics card.

Post by Lord malek »

Hi I would like some help on getting a new graphics card for my p.c. Im looking to run Dawn of war and Mark of chaos (yes Mark of chaos) on a high standard and also looking to play warhammer online when it comes out.

I can already play the two games above but Dawn of war dosent look too good lol. Below are my comp specs as far as I know im not good with computers lol.

Dell 2.8GHz with 1 GB of RAM.
my current card is NIVADA GeForce 7300 LE.

If any one could post a link or two to a few good cards my price range would be around £150 ish. Many thanks

:D

Oh also my girlfriend was looking for a card update looking to get a good response out of CS photoshop version 3. Her computer ststs below.

Compac intel selron m 1.6GHz with 0.99 GB RAM

Mobile intel (R)945 gm chipset family ???

(I havent a clue about my girlfriends requirments so if im talking kooky im sorry lol)
Sa'an'ishar
Thalon
Executioner

Post by Thalon »

I'm gaming with a 7600GT XXX (native overclocked 7600GT) on 1600x1200 (Games like Neverwinter Nights2 or Two Worlds) and runs smooth with all Details and effects (Two Worlds had sometimes light problems with big water-areas).

Your CPU shouldn't be good enough to really take use of more than a NVidia 7950.

@Your girlfriends pc
I'm not shure about the requirements of PS V3, but I would bet that her CPU does limit in addition to her graphic card (if any, not listet).

Thalon
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

thanks for that mate. will look into getting one.
Sa'an'ishar