Where we get our names

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tich
Highborn

Where we get our names

Post by Tich »

Hi all, I was thinking it might be cool if we all put down where we got our usernames from. I myself got my name from one of the forsaken from the wheel of time. However the first tiome I used it I didn't relise I had a spelling mistake (really meant to be Demandred) however by the time I relised this I was to used to typing my version.

So ow everyone lets here where our names come from.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I looked through our army book and kind of combined a few names. Though my name has just being getting smaller and smaller over the months here.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Not my name, it comes from a Pink Floyd song of the same name. Led to the name of Arn Khraid for my Highborn, and Arn Khraidour (putting family name first for no reason) for his Noble son. The given names are sort of turns on the well known Drukh word Kharaidon.

So you see, you can chuck in where you got your game characer names as well.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

The name almundis started as a villain in a game concept i wrote up with my friend in our youths, it then became my alter go on games such as warcraft and various other forums and even neopets when i was 12 (moving on). so now it is a communal alias and is also used on my halo3 account - for anyone that feels like adding me :)
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Mine is a parody of Finubar the Seafarer. I thought I had made up an original name until I learned that there were five or so Fingols mentioned in the Lord of the Rings.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Draithon
Black Guard

Post by Draithon »

Combining of letters and see what sounds good off the tongue.Thats for my general names,then i just use my general names:

Woodelves:Eldorthil
Undead DE(vamps/DE):Draithon
Woodelves:Arion(first name i made up,i use it the most).

Though my WoW user was rather simple:Dahunter nicknamed Da,from the guild 'Immortality' on Amun'thul server.Ive stopped playing now,there was just nothing intellectual and all just pressing buttons.But instancing was fun......
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.

Sun Tzu
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

My real name is Jarkko and I'm often called "Jack" or "Jake" so its a kind of tradition for me to have "Zak" as a nick in everywhere. I needed to lenghten it a bit to make it a proper Dark Elven name and over time (7 years ago) it stabled on "Zakath". The Slaughterer is just a nickname for my general my friends gave him :) Need I say why?
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings/
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams/
Blinded by me, you cant see a thing/
Just call my name, `cause Ill hear you scream
King coombs #1
Black Guard

Post by King coombs #1 »

One of my friends calls me "Coombs". I have absolutely no idea why. We got plastered one night and he just decided to call me Coombs.

I think it is some old slang for idiot. I do some pretty moronic things. Hence "king Coombs" essentially king idiot in his mind.

:)
Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.

"Coombs, why do i keep you around! :/"
Slortor
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Slortor »

slortor is the name of my general - just took a word that describes what beasts do quite well and then creatively respelt it :)
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
Lonewandererd
Cold One Knight

Post by Lonewandererd »

I wanted to call myself Raven but for my day and age the name had been done to death and besides it wasn't too Druchii sounding.

So i simply flipped the name around to be Nevar, also it reminds me of "Quoth the Raven - Nevermore"
Forever alone,
Forever wandering.

W - 3
L - 4
D - 0
Scareypete
Beastmaster

Post by Scareypete »

Well back when I was 18 or 19 I used to go to an All Ages Night Club... But I was Heavily into the Gutter Punk Scene and the Goth Industrial scene... so I had a Red and Black Mohwak, about 16 piercings, Black nail polish, Heavy Eyeliner and a crap load of Big spikey Breacelts collars and rings and I wore a coupel Log Chains on my Belt. My First Name Being Pete... and the DJ at the club was a my ex GF's little brother he just started yelling intot he Mic... Scarypete is in the house etc... I was kinda a big deal in that small town.

I figured Scarey had a better look to it than Scary. So I made my Yahoo mail Scareypete.... now my Myspace and other screenmaes have all been that since then. (Funny thing is in England some guy named Pete also goes by ScareyPete and ended up as Scarypete@yahoo.co.uk and We got a lot of eachothers Emails for a while... I know who was shagging who down at the office. and which little tart at the pub was a real goer)

My Warhammer Names are either adaptations of Old D&D characters... or I make up some Crap that sounds kinda right....

Gallunrik SilverBeard is My Dwarven General
Forboom is my Black Orc General when Grimgor is on vacation
Sir Niklaus Ruger is My Empire General when his Brother Dennis Ruger isn't leading the helm... THese were my first 2 D&D chars... and became the Basis fro my old campaign world as King Dennis and his younger Brother Duke Nicholas (added German spellign to be more Empirey)

Damnitith is my Highborn template... Pulled straight from me arse
Calisis is my Sorceres on Cold one Template
Gar-Khontil is my Noble on Peggy Template
Nusharik is my sorceress on foot template
Cloak and Dagger are my 2 assassins... I wasn't in the mood to be original at this point.

I had a Template for a Sorceress on Dark Steed but it seems my Computer Ate it. Damn copy and paste mishaps... forgot to paste.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

The Supreme Lord Rork is the general of my Chaos Army. He has a habit of steaming in against superior numbers regardless of the outcome.

My warhammer general is much the same ;).

(I find titles in usernames a tad pretentious, so I always shed them. In case you're wondering, only my general in his delusions believes himself supreme.)

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Scareypete
Beastmaster

Post by Scareypete »

@ Rork

Bummer I had always pictured Howard Roark the Hero from "The Fountainhead" when i saw your name on the boards. Gave me a big smile. Guess thats what happens when you assume overmuch.
Rob the dark elf
Executioner

Post by Rob the dark elf »

My names Rob and I play Dark Elves, thats pretty much it. I'm also a member of other Warhammer forums and rather than having to try and remember a unique name for each I just put "Rob the..." before what race it is. For example on the Ogrestronghold I'm Rob the Ogre, bugmans brewery I'm Rob the Dawrf and so on.
Girathon
Cold One Knight

Post by Girathon »

I got my name from the fluff in the DE book. Girathon was a DE spy who assassinated a Phoenix King. I thought it was pretty bad-ass so Ive used it ever since.
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Made it up for guildwars. One day decided to google search it, turned out i was almost the only result (one spanish thing) so i decided to use it from then. So anywhere else Cananatra is probably me.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Had to choose a name for a changeling character. Since a battle related name is adequate for a Troll I took Cathel (Battle ruler). And since I am a lazy guy, I use it for forums on the net.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Frosty the evil snowman
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Frosty the evil snowman »

My name is just a stupid thing that I came up with ,I love to fool around I was going to call myself Lucifer in a Thong but thought better of it.Oh I also wanted a name to strike fear in the minds of children,did I achieve it you ask ,your little brother under the bed can answer the question..(I am so EVIL) :twisted
FROSTY,COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU
Asikari
Highborn

Post by Asikari »

asikari = warrior in Swahili.

My ancestry is German.

Basically, I needed an interesting name for a kit in my D&D campaign (2nd ed.) and started searching languages. I had already found by chance "imani" meant "faith" in Swahili, so I started there.

I figured it was less presumptuous than using a name from one of my D&D characters.
"The strength you normally use is like the small visible segment of an iceberg..." Tohei-sensai

"Few problems can't be solved by the judicious application of brute force" Asikari
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Err...So Mods get to post Pictures here, though us normal members do not?

Rork edit: Have we ever mentioned you should read the announcements?
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Entreri
Executioner

Post by Entreri »

Me I just love that assassin that vile and hating character named Artemis Entreri 8) from the Drizzt (R.A. Salvatore) books.
Never had much love for Drizzt himself, but just loved his nemesis :twisted:

Also one of the reasons I started saving/playing Dark Elves and offcourse the miniature range, and they just rule (except for the assassins :( ....well sometimes there fun).

Got myself his vampiric dagger tattooed on my arm, guess that shows I really like him :D
With each kill I grow wiser, and with added wisdom I grow stronger.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Yes.

By which I mean READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Budgie
Slave on the Altar

Post by Budgie »

I have been told I drinks me ale like a Budgie.
Lord_jimmy_
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord_jimmy_ »

well my name is "James" or "Jimmy" if you want to make it a nickname/casual ice breaking way of saying my name...

The "Lord" part comes from the fact that I am indeed the Lord and master of all I behold...I would make you bow down to me but Im feeling nice :D