another eldar army list

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Yith-kai
Corsair

another eldar army list

Post by Yith-kai »

This is another army list i have come up with review it plz...

HQ: Farseer:
Guide, Fortune, Spirit stones, Singing spear

4 man Warlock retinue: one has conceal, all have singing spears.

284 points

Troops

6 Rangers
114 points

5 man Guardian squad:
Starcannon
2 of these

180 (for both squads)

Fast attack

2 Vypers:
starcannon
holo-field

150 points

Heavy Support

4 Dark reapers:
Exarch w/ crack shot

186 points

1028 points

Note: Depending on the army i am facing i will change the starcannons to brignt lances as nesseccary as they are the same price
Yith-kai
Corsair

Post by Yith-kai »

respond to my army list guys! whats taking you people so long?
who me?
Countess
The Predator

Post by Countess »

Calm down, it takes time for people to respond. Try a little patience. ;)

*shrugs*

Countess. :twisted:
The Countess

ego autem dico vobis diligite inimicos vestros benefacite his qui oderunt vos et orate pro persequentibus et calumniantibus vos
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Re: another eldar army list

Post by Rork »

yith-kai wrote:This is another army list i have come up with review it plz...

HQ: Farseer:
Guide, Fortune, Spirit stones, Singing spear

4 man Warlock retinue: one has conceal, all have singing spears.

284 points

Troops

6 Rangers
114 points

5 man Guardian squad:
Starcannon
2 of these

180 (for both squads)

Fast attack

2 Vypers:
starcannon
holo-field

150 points

Heavy Support

4 Dark reapers:
Exarch w/ crack shot

186 points

1028 points

Note: Depending on the army i am facing i will change the starcannons to brignt lances as nesseccary as they are the same price

How do you intend to use the army? Shooty, I suspect...

For 1K, it doesn't look too bad, but the guardian squads really should be a little larger. Is the conceal warlock for one unit of guardians?

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Ezechyel
The Dark Reaper

Post by Ezechyel »

The guardian squad need to be at least 10 guys or they will flee or getting killed at the first turn of shooting at them. And think you must take some hth troops like banshee or scorpion cause if your opponent comes in hth you are dead. And also drop one or two of your starcannon for brightlances : only your HQ can go tank killing at thsi time.

Think you should post it a http://www.eldaronline.com this is a great site about eldar with a good forum (think it can be compared to druchii.net but for eldar ;) ). And you will get more and better answer on this site.
"The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom" W. Blake

:twisted: Ezechyel :twisted:
Yith-kai
Corsair

Post by Yith-kai »

well actually my warlox and farseer make up a command squad so they are all one tank killing unit. the warlock with conceal conceals the command squad... also i noted that i would change the starcannons to brightlances depending on the army i am up against (note they are the same price)
Also if i added a cc squad then that would take out like all of my firepower cuz i am too lazy to convert the cheap storm guardians and so im left with the bansheez and the scorpions and they are 16 pts each with no upgrades and no exarch. The guardians with the heavy weapons are not meant to get in close combat duh so i wont be needing a lot of troops in the squads. They will stay in the back out of line of sight of the real threats to them and attack units one at a time... this is usefull added on with the move and fire heavy weapon rule for antigrav platforms. :shock: my 1500 point army has 2 squads of close combat and a transport so dont think i am a (insert bad word here) in thinking that cc troops are not needed...