A poll: WFB computer game

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Deadguysrule
Trainee Warrior

A poll: WFB computer game

Post by Deadguysrule »

My friends and I were kicking this idea around and I wanted to hear what everybody thought. The questions on the floor concern Warhammer (either FB or 40K) and whether or not a computer game would be good for GW. My stance is that a computer game might get new players interested in the hobby as well as having a good market from established players. Some of my friends think that if the game were poor, it would hurt the company rep while a good one might lure people away from sales of models.

How many people out there would continue to play their favorite Warhammer games on the table even if there was a computer game? If the game was good would you buy it? Your thoughts here please...
"People are just like leaves in the fall."

"Why, because some look more beautiful with age?"

"No, because they change color when they die."
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

if the game was good i would surely buy it :) . but there are already games.
for fantasy i know 2: The shadow of the horned rat and Dark Omen.
for 40k there are more, some 5 i guess...
nevertheless, make the game :) .
Lalle- the pomegranite
Cold One Knight

Post by Lalle- the pomegranite »

One word. "fire warrior" Or maybe thats two?
Pomegranites- previously only seen in bad fantasy and famous five books (i know i shouldnt read them, but the ham is just too tempting) now theyre taking over the fruit world.
Vraneththecruel
Noble

Post by Vraneththecruel »

and GW is making "warhammer online"
My avatar is kind of hypocritical isnt it?
Asmodeus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Asmodeus »

I dunno, I heard the last games in the Warhammer universe sucked hardcore.
Witch Elves still suck ;).
Deadguysrule
Trainee Warrior

Post by Deadguysrule »

I played 'Curse of the Horned Rat' many times and could never get past scenario three. My friends all felt the same way.

But we're getting O.T. here and I know how much you guys hate to do that! ;)

If WFB were a game on the PC, as close to the table top version as could be, would you play it? Also, would you give up the models and rulebooks in favor of the PC game?
"People are just like leaves in the fall."

"Why, because some look more beautiful with age?"

"No, because they change color when they die."
Lalle- the pomegranite
Cold One Knight

Post by Lalle- the pomegranite »

I downloaded one of their games once- it turned out it was a black and white game wth no pictures where you type in what to do, the get a written answer that pften ha nothing to do with what you typed. Wasnt that great.
Pomegranites- previously only seen in bad fantasy and famous five books (i know i shouldnt read them, but the ham is just too tempting) now theyre taking over the fruit world.
Arickrol
Dark Rider

Post by Arickrol »

Lalle that's called a MUD (Multi-User Dungeon) and MUDs don't have pictures (usually). They are usually a textual game. And yes, I've heard that most GW pc games were not good but I've never played them so I cannot comment from any firsthand experience. I did hear that a game called FireWarrior will be coming out and I've read in WD about Warhammer Online (I think they were landscaping Middenheim or Mordheim or some such place). But, go for it! I'm always in favor of the independent giving things a try.
Chromiates Warhammer Forum...yes we protested GW's new online policy.
Inquisitor black
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Inquisitor black »

I was thinking about a game similar to total war, using warhammer armies. That would be awesome. It would never happen though.
Be not afraid of the dark, but of what the dark hides.
Arickrol
Dark Rider

Post by Arickrol »

Hmm...oh like Shogun Total War? That would be cool or what about something on an AoEII engine or on a Sudden Strike (it is that cool WWII game made by some company in Germany...they recently released SS2 but I haven't been able to find it out) design where you get the troops but don't need to handle resources...you just fight fight fight.
Chromiates Warhammer Forum...yes we protested GW's new online policy.
Prince kurth syenigson
Shade

Post by Prince kurth syenigson »

ok well firewarrior is soon to come out in australia on play station 2

This game puts you in the position of a single tau warrior. So you get all there firepower, i are a single guy in a tau army and complete missions by doing the job assigned to you. or that is what i have heared

Middle of next year is going to be the release of warhammer online. this currently has a site that is keeping all the information up to date. U are in control of one charater from an elve to a human and i am told even bad guys like orc. U dp mission do go up levels and an entire cities are made. not just one lane places but cities the size of a normal 1000 or 2000 person town. with ever allie way and backdoor shop there. Not only this but you can command up to a group of 20 NPC character or so i have seen. Not only this but u can join partes with other online character and go on secert missions. it sounds to be a great game and hopeful with the wait until the middle of next year
Ok that is it who put a stop payment on my reality check. WELL?
Dark reaper
Highborn

Post by Dark reaper »

DeadGuysRule wrote:I played 'Curse of the Horned Rat' many times and could never get past scenario three. My friends all felt the same way.

Wich scenario is that?? I can't get past that one with the dwarfs and the amber mage, but I have completed Dark Omen 7 times.
Prince kurth syenigson
Shade

Post by Prince kurth syenigson »

ok i got past that level

what you need to do is use your mage to cast burning spear on the rate orge at the back hide behind the trees and don't worry about the dwarfs. They will go and battle some of the people at the front. Once you kill the rat orge that runs at you send the same spell on the rat orge that is attacking the dwarfs. the dwarfs should now last the battle. Once crossbowman are good against the rats because they flee at only a few deaths.

Once you have finished this mission don't end it. Go to your far left, it was in your deployment zone and look behind hte small group of trees there. tere is a magic item there. now the last thing i can say is if you mage dies restart because some of the missions coming up are all but impossible if you don't have him. And always do the orc missions first then the dwarf then the elve other wise you will be in alot of trouble.

Any more questions just ask and i will see if i can help out with them.
Ok that is it who put a stop payment on my reality check. WELL?